Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimm13
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ming23
Finding it hard going threw withdrawals HELP
    Jimm13 is offline Junior Member

Default Finding it hard going threw withdrawals HELP

It's been 24 days off opiates and it feels like the anxiety is setting it self in to my brain an depression is ruling my time. Is this ever going to end

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

It will end..
    It takes time ..
    Depending on how
    Long you were on opiates..
    Your brain had to learn how to function again.
    Hang in there..

Exercise
    Good supplements..
    ChocLate
    Laughing
    Sex
    Feeling proud
    Eating hot chills..

All of these things help the brain to produce endorphins..
    It hasn't done that the whole time you were on opiates..

There are many people on here st varies lengths of being clean..

This board doesn't get as much traffic as the need to talk board..
    You should start a thread there..
    Many will come along and share their
    Experience strength and hope..

It does get better

It is worth the fight..
    I promise..

But you have to work at it ..
    Change your way of thinking.

Because just getting off the pills is never enough..

Congratulations on 24 days
    That is awesome..

Rockin it clean
    In
    Bette

Thank you for your help and advise. Going threw the motions of it all feels like it's tearing at me.. on top of the supplements and exercise etc just want to know that the head games are going to end I've been taking codiene for about 5 making out at 250mg a day recently been taking hydrocodon 200mg a day for three months.. Quit cold turkey just looking for guidance on how long I'm going to have chronic anxiety for finding it hard to hold my life together atm.. Thank you again
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Meant say I'm on top of the supplements and exercise

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm13 View Post
    It's been 24 days off opiates and it feels like the anxiety is setting it self in to my brain an depression is ruling my time. Is this ever going to end
    Hey jimm13, welcome. I was on oxycodone for roughly 4 months last year and when I got off I had the worse anxiety, panic attacks and depression! For me it lasted for a few months but eventually got better thank god! Everyone is different and some people don't experience the anxiety and depression? It will get better as time goes on, your brain needs to get back to functioning normally without the opiates! You'll get there, stay strong and positive! Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Congrats on 24 days clean! Be proud of yourself!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Jimm
    Happened to me too. Started taking a B Complex to elevate mood. Depression and anxiety lingered for a while by me. It's 6 months now since i jumped and i feel good. Just gotta wait it out. The body stops producing endorphines when we're on drugs and it takes a while once we stop for the body to start making its own endorphines again. You can speed it up by drinking plenty of water and getting out of the house or exercise right where you are if u can.
    Have faith. We've been where you're at. The good news is it will and does end! I promise!
    Proud of you!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Can I ask have you all gotten back to your old selfs can someone give me some help need to know that I'm gonna get back to me

Thank you for all your advice

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm13 View Post
    Can I ask have you all gotten back to your old selfs can someone give me some help need to know that I'm gonna get back to me
    You are about one month off? It took me two or three months. But everyone is different. If it takes you two months then you are halfway there. If three months you are 1/3 the way there. Either way that's a good chunk. Hang tight and try to focus on other things, doing things, make yourself even if you don't feel like it. It really seems to help.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Hi! I am day 7 today... And reading 2-3 months to get back to normal is a bit frightening! I have been reading your posts Jimm13.. Thank you for writing so much. Made me feel less alone. I am having lots of heart palpitations and or panic attacks.. Is that normal? Just worried if it isn't.. I may need to go to the doctor. But if everyone else has had them.. Then I will stick it out. So proud of you Jimm13 for making it this far! It's not easy and you give me hope even if it all feels so awful right now. - sincerely, stormy

Hi stormy.. I didn't have heart palpitations if you feel it's bad and consistent I would go to the doctors but the panic attacks defiantly they gradually get better. Today I'm trying to just recognise that it's a chemical imbalance and that it's only anxiety and when I think about stressful or even regular things it's just mad worse by the anxiety and that it will pass.

congratulations on your 7 days. It's going to get better even if at times it feels like the worlds closing in it will pass. It took me a few weeks to get threw the phiyscal systems but the mental game is what I'm finding tough. I'm very lucky to have a great supporting family. Hope your doing well, stay strong and enjoy any clarity you have when you have it.

Jimmie