Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pcmiller25
  • 1 Post By pcmiller25
Fioricet with Codeine Withdrawals and Anxiety HELP!
    pcmiller25 is offline New Member

Default Fioricet with Codeine Withdrawals and Anxiety HELP!

I started taking Fioricet with Codeine and Fiorinal about two years ago, sparingly. During the past two years I needed more and more to get the same effect. I was taking 6 a day for about the last 2-3 months. I'm on day 9 of withdrawals and the physical symptoms are gone, but my anxiety is through the roof. My heart races and I sit and worry and am anxious about everything, which in turn makes me so depressed. Please, please tell me this gets better. And, how long will it take. Thanks, Peg

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Hi PC

Welcome!!! It does get better! When I got off the Percocet it was very difficult and the anxiety was the last thing to go for me it took about two weeks but it's slowly ebbed away and it does little by little every day it gets a little bit better. I was taking about 50 mg of Percocet a day & stopped cold turkey.... and it can be very frustrating there were some days I thought I was going to climb the walls but I stuck with it and after a couple of weeks I could feel it every day getting a little better.... what helps is getting out taking a walk anything you can do to just distract your mind or burn some energy all of that definitely helps!!

Definitely feel free to keep posting on this forum there's lots of great advice from people who have a lot of experience much more experience then I have and can really give a lot of good suggestions and help you get through this..
    You can do it!!!

GoodMojo is offline New Member

Hi PC. Anxiety can be pretty rough in withdrawals, and for a bit afterwards. I know from experience it gets better. I was pretty lost after withdrawals, because nothing made sense. I had been living a “narcoticized” life, and had no clue how to even do basic things clean. That contributed to my anxiety, but faded as I became better at doing daily stuff. A lot of my anxiety was free-floating though, no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I’d just take off on a walk because I felt like I’d explode. It took a while before I noticed the anxious pit in my gut start to fade away. Within a month though that was better though. I still get hit by random bouts of anxiety, 7 months clean. It’s once or twice a week now, >> once or twice a minute like it used to be.

Regards
    Mojo

Default Thanks

Wow, thanks so much. I am a recent empty-nester and have always worried about my three sons, but in this situation it is 1,000 times worse. They live in three different cities and they are all I think and worry about. I woke up this morning with a racing heart, though it is not racing as much as it was 5 or so days ago. It's just when you are in it, it seems it will never end. I'm already prone to worry and anxiety.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Default A tad bit better

I cried less today than I have in the past 9 or so days. I guess that's a good sign. My heart is still beating fast, but it doesn't seem to be beating quite as fast. My anxiety causes me to worry so much about my three sons and I think the worst, because I'm not there to protect them. (I'm an empty nester - 2 in college and 1 in Dallas.) I'm on Zoloft 150 mg and my doctor said to increase to 50mg in the morning. I'm hoping that helps some.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Believe me PC i understand the anxiety... it is enough to make u feel like you're being driven mad.
    I take lexapro (similar to Zoloft) 20mg. It seems to help the anxiety a little better I feel then the Zoloft. It was designed for depression & anxiety together.
    But definitely see how u feel & what your doctor orders. Everyone is different & drugs are funny how they work so differently on each person.

Being alone is hard... are there friends or family that u can hang with at least a little? Sometimes it feels like the last thing u want to do but getting out, being with ppl a little (especially if they understand your situation) helps distract & heal.
    Isolation is the worst thing. It will make every symptom worse...
    just something to think about..

We're here for you!!

Well, it will be 14 days tonight since my last dose. My anxiety may be a little less, but it's still there. My heart sometimes seems to be beating out of my chest. I so hope this goes away soon. I'm miserable and sad.

Ethanboyle is offline New Member

I took fiorecer for.almost.4 yrs.
    i had to stop this "very old med".
    done. np
    no wd.

it was getting out of hand....first.it was one , then 3, then 6 etc.

I was destroying my liver and family.

cheers