Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
first post long time reader and opiate detox
    tilesetter67 is offline Junior Member

I have fallen off from posting my status but seeing i am gonna be awake all night b4 work i figured >> jump on and read a little. Today is my day 21. 3 weeks clean and i couldnt be happier. Last week i really started to eat and sleep. I put on 6 of the 14 lbs i lost during this process. Im now back to where i started when out of highschool. Kinda crazy in a way i stopped time for 12 yrs. My brain feels 19 my weights the same as when 19 and my body hurts daily after work as it did at 19 w fresher back injury. My wife is coming around to my anxiety and my paranoid bouts havent left but im managing. Cravings are obsolete during day as im quit disgusted with what i allowed myself to do and become from the addiction however i woke up tonight after dreaming i was rocked from a norco. Its taken me over 30 mins now to come to terms i was dreaming. It felt real almost as if i was high even after being awake. Hopefully i dont get more of these in future but im coming to terms of day by day. Ive learned my job sucks. I love what i do but hate the effects on my body. I feel like im 70 limping around after work with a bad knee or having to lay in bed bc my back feels like a red hot butcher's knife is being twisted along my lower spine but ive learned to manage on 2 bayer back and body in am and rest after these long days. Uf anyone has any input to help relief some pain without exercise or to avoid these nightmares its much appreciated. Good night

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hello tilesetter67, congratulations on your 3 weeks! I just read some of your posts and although my usage was for a far less time than yours, mine was only about 3 to 4 months? I was up to anywhere from 60 to 100 mg oxycodone nightly. Then I did 5 days of subs until I went to my doctor and he put me back on oxycodone for a taper plan. 10mg a night for five nights and then 5mg for the next five nights and then 2.5mg for the next five nights after that. After that I'm supposed to be skipping days with the 2.5mg. I just finished my 8th day on the taper plan. I'm having major issues with withdrawals, I have no physical withdrawals whatsoever all of my withdrawals are mental? Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, thoughts that I don't want to live and thoughts that this will never get better? Mind you I'm feeling all this while I'm doing a taper? I know you said you had some anxiety but I'm curious if you went through any of those other feelings that I am having? I hope you didn't because they are awful! I'll check back for a reply? I wish you good luck and continued success! God bless us all!

Rick thankx for taking time to show your support. I give you and all others who can stick with taper full credit bc i didnt have the will to go that route. I personally never had any depression or hopelessness bc i was so beat down from my addiction that i new no matter how sick i got on both sides it could only be a better day then the last. As for my anxiety and paranoid bputs i can only hope they clear up. Growing up i always a fighter either in boxing ring or drunk partying. Bipolar seems to run in my family so ive been looking into treatment which requires no meds and some therapy just in case. You caught ypur issue early compared to me which is a blessing but an addict is same mentally no matter how big or long. To me its really just one big mind game. I no im stronger then the pills just as you are we need to constantly remind ourselves this and no 1 pill today leads to long road of sickness and misery so pros dont come close to cons. Best of luck

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tilesetter67 View Post
    Rick thankx for taking time to show your support. I give you and all others who can stick with taper full credit bc i didnt have the will to go that route. I personally never had any depression or hopelessness bc i was so beat down from my addiction that i new no matter how sick i got on both sides it could only be a better day then the last. As for my anxiety and paranoid bputs i can only hope they clear up. Growing up i always a fighter either in boxing ring or drunk partying. Bipolar seems to run in my family so ive been looking into treatment which requires no meds and some therapy just in case. You caught ypur issue early compared to me which is a blessing but an addict is same mentally no matter how big or long. To me its really just one big mind game. I no im stronger then the pills just as you are we need to constantly remind ourselves this and no 1 pill today leads to long road of sickness and misery so pros dont come close to cons. Best of luck
    Thanks for the insight and reply. I hope you are doing well and things will constantly get better and better for you! God bless us all!

Good morning ive 2 days shy of 1 month clean. Physically i feel great minus everyday pains of life mentally im still scattered and Friday night i had a bomb dropped on me from wife. During my addiction i caused alot of issues w us and she has asked me to leave. So today is day 2 of not seeing my family and i dont no what to do or where to turn. Drugs are no longer an option i tried to go hunting yest to clear my head and it didnt help. I actually let a nice doe walk threw bc my mind was so confused. I start therapy tuesday after work and asked her to join me so she can have a better understanding but haven't got an answer. I guess im looking for someone whos been down this road for advice good or bad. She was my soal mate b4 my addiction but during it that fell to the back seat and now i see what ive done to the most important person in my life.
    been2long likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

UGH! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'm glad you have an appointment on Tuesday. Go even if she doesn't go with you. You shouldn't be going this alone right now. Keep us posted. I'm thinking of you and be strong!!!!

Peace,

Cat

been2long is offline New Member

hey dude ive read alot of your stuff and stick with it im on the fences right now trying crying and hoping to get off my norco addiction i was a 10-15 a day user now its between 5-10 a day dependoing on how the days go i really want off these but its so hard i csant get passed day 1 anyone have sugguestions ive read its best to cold turkey quit?

been2long is offline New Member

tilesetter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12