Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BetterDays27
  • 1 Post By Bogey59
  • 1 Post By FiveYearsFromNow
First time Norco Withdrawal- could use some support
    BetterDays27 is offline New Member

Default First time Norco Withdrawal- could use some support

Hello, 26 year old F here.
    A little background: my mom died a few years ago from alcoholism, my father is a meth addict who hasn't spoken to me in 2 years, my older brother was an alcoholic & multiple drug addict who is now in prison and my grandpa was an alcoholic who passed years ago. Basically, addiction runs heavily in my family. I was always the "good" child and I never thought I'd be in this position. I never drink and I've never done heavy drugs such as >>>>>> or meth.
    It all started when I was over my aunts house and she wanted me to help her clean the house. She has horrible fibromyalgia so she offered me a Norco to help give me a zip of energy. I'd never taken pills before and I was apprehensive but I took it, and it ruined my life. Now 2 years later I'm taking 10-12 Norco 10/325 a day. I have spiraled into a deep depression, I have anger management issues, and I've spent too much time trying to find out where I'll get enough to avoid the pain of withdrawals. Nobody knows about my problem because I have no family and no real friends. I just quit my job and I plan on detoxing at home in privacy. The only time I went 10 hours without a pill I felt the most intense muscle aches in my legs. That's the worst part for me.
    Sorry for my life story but I needed to get some of it out there and hopefully talk to people in similar situations. I think having some support will help me through the upcoming misery I'm going to experience.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey, welcome to the forums. This is where you want to be as you go through this. I jumped off a pretty high dose of oxy myself, and would't have made it if it wasn't for the people here, so you've found the right place. I built up the courage to make the jump, and got a lot of great information from the Thomas Recipe thread (link included). It really helped me a lot to get through everything!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Bogey59 is offline Junior Member

Welcome BD- listen DravenD is right if you really want off you need stay on these forums. There is Alot of folks here that have been where you are and they are willing to help, but we need some more info to see what is the best course of action for you.

How long have you been using at this level of 10-12 a day? I assume you escalated to this amount, if so when?
    Do you have any Norco's to work with for a taper plan?
    Are you planning on cold turkey with no taper?

Let us know the info and some more experienced folks than I will be along to help you-

If you are trying for Cold Turkey stoppage - look up the Thomas Recipe as that can be a great help on dealing with withdrawals.
    I also suggest a very hot bath to ease the muscle aches- And I mean HOT, where you have to ease your body into the tub. Do not underestimate the benefits of this-
    DravenDomnq likes this.

FiveYearsFromNow is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDays27 View Post
    Hello, 26 year old F here.
    A little background: my mom died a few years ago from alcoholism, my father is a meth addict who hasn't spoken to me in 2 years, my older brother was an alcoholic & multiple drug addict who is now in prison and my grandpa was an alcoholic who passed years ago. Basically, addiction runs heavily in my family. I was always the "good" child and I never thought I'd be in this position. I never drink and I've never done heavy drugs such as >>>>>> or meth.
    It all started when I was over my aunts house and she wanted me to help her clean the house. She has horrible fibromyalgia so she offered me a Norco to help give me a zip of energy. I'd never taken pills before and I was apprehensive but I took it, and it ruined my life. Now 2 years later I'm taking 10-12 Norco 10/325 a day. I have spiraled into a deep depression, I have anger management issues, and I've spent too much time trying to find out where I'll get enough to avoid the pain of withdrawals. Nobody knows about my problem because I have no family and no real friends. I just quit my job and I plan on detoxing at home in privacy. The only time I went 10 hours without a pill I felt the most intense muscle aches in my legs. That's the worst part for me.
    Sorry for my life story but I needed to get some of it out there and hopefully talk to people in similar situations. I think having some support will help me through the upcoming misery I'm going to experience.
    Even though I may not know you in real life, you have a friend and brother who's fighting the same battle. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Some tips that helped me with early withdrawal: lots and lots of immodium, and a benzo if you can get some (to help curb panic thoughts about the future being impossible-- it's not!). The immodium I was taking about 12mg in the morning and 12 at night. Very much over the rec dose, and others on here may disagree, but it really helped with w/d symptoms for me. Please keep checking in. You are loved and cared about, and I'm rooting for you.

5Years
    DravenDomnq likes this.