Gabapentin reduction addicted to it
    sonicwhite is offline New Member

Default Gabapentin reduction addicted to it

Hi all. Maybe many or some already recognize the name. Anywho. I'm addicted to gabapentin. It's hard to describe the high it gives me but it's def a high. I told my doc last month that I was to go from eight hundred mg four times a day to four hundred four a day. I have been having massive nightmares. I have PTSD so it just makes it so much worse. I've taken gabapentin since 2013 and wished I never got on this med because how it makes me feel in the sense of euphoria.

So is there anyone out there that can help me. I see my doc tomorrow but I'm so on edge all the time. Have hot and cold flashes. And I'm ready to either go into a dual diagnoses center since mental illness is a big problem on top of addiction. I want to get rid of this beast once and for all. Thanks to all who read.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sonicwhite View Post
    Hi all. Maybe many or some already recognize the name. Anywho. I'm addicted to gabapentin. It's hard to describe the high it gives me but it's def a high. I told my doc last month that I was to go from eight hundred mg four times a day to four hundred four a day. I have been having massive nightmares. I have PTSD so it just makes it so much worse. I've taken gabapentin since 2013 and wished I never got on this med because how it makes me feel in the sense of euphoria.

So is there anyone out there that can help me. I see my doc tomorrow but I'm so on edge all the time. Have hot and cold flashes. And I'm ready to either go into a dual diagnoses center since mental illness is a big problem on top of addiction. I want to get rid of this beast once and for all. Thanks to all who read.
    Welcome to the forum. I have no personal experience with gabapentin but I'm aware of what it is? I would think that a very, very slow taper is order if you want to get off the med safely? I would recommend you do a google search for "gabapentin taper schedule" and see what info is out there? I wish you the best of luck! Keep us updated and let us know what the doc says? God bless us all!