Results 1 to 9 of 9
Gave up codeine 28/7/16. Still experiencing symptoms
  1. #1
    Lydz84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default Gave up codeine 28/7/16. Still experiencing symptoms

    Hi. I was taking 60 to 70 pills of ibuprofen and codeine plus paracetamol & codeine a day. In my head i believed i was making it easier on my body.
    I gave up by taking a controlled amount of endone (4 for 5 days. 2 for 5 days. Now 1 until I run out.) Plus diazapam 2 a day which has been increased to 3 a day to be taken when I am at my most anxious or stressed.
    I started this on the 28/07/2016 however I still experience the head sweating or burning sensation related to withdrawals.
    Has anyone else ever tried getting off codeine this way?
    I was using it for about 18 months.
    Originally for dental pain. Then to mask an unhappy relationship which has now ended 6 months ago. It was a verbally abusive relationship however I don't have any mental symptoms and have had an extensive tests done to make sure no permanent damage was caused.
    I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced these symptoms prolonged.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydz84 View Post
    Hi. I was taking 60 to 70 pills of ibuprofen and codeine plus paracetamol & codeine a day. In my head i believed i was making it easier on my body.
    I gave up by taking a controlled amount of endone (4 for 5 days. 2 for 5 days. Now 1 until I run out.) Plus diazapam 2 a day which has been increased to 3 a day to be taken when I am at my most anxious or stressed.
    I started this on the 28/07/2016 however I still experience the head sweating or burning sensation related to withdrawals.
    Has anyone else ever tried getting off codeine this way?
    I was using it for about 18 months.
    Originally for dental pain. Then to mask an unhappy relationship which has now ended 6 months ago. It was a verbally abusive relationship however I don't have any mental symptoms and have had an extensive tests done to make sure no permanent damage was caused.
    I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced these symptoms prolonged.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry, I am confused about a few things? Please let us know how much (milligrams) codeine a day and for exactly how long? Same question for the endone and diazepam? Try to give a better timeline on all the meds, the daily dosages and how long on each med? Be very specific on everything so we can help you better? Thank you... God bless us all!

  3. #3
    Lydz84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Sorry I'm new. I was on approx 180mg of codeine a day. It started at around 50 a day. It slowly increased over time as my relationship began to deteriorate. It has been continuing since jan 2015.
    I have been prescribed 5mg of endone and 5mg of diazapam. Currently using. 1 5mg endone tablet a day and between 1 to 3 5mg diazapam depending on my anxiety levels during the withdrawal symptoms.
    Endone 5mg tablet 4 times a day starting on the 28/07.
    Diaz 5mg 2 a day since 28/07.
    Endone decreased to 2 a day still 5mg on the 2.08 for another 5 days.
    The diaz was increased to 3 5mg tablets a day on the 9.08.
    I hope this clears up what I missed.

  4. #4
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydz84 View Post
    Sorry I'm new. I was on approx 180mg of codeine a day. It started at around 50 a day. It slowly increased over time as my relationship began to deteriorate. It has been continuing since jan 2015.
    I have been prescribed 5mg of endone and 5mg of diazapam. Currently using. 1 5mg endone tablet a day and between 1 to 3 5mg diazapam depending on my anxiety levels during the withdrawal symptoms.
    Endone 5mg tablet 4 times a day starting on the 28/07.
    Diaz 5mg 2 a day since 28/07.
    Endone decreased to 2 a day still 5mg on the 2.08 for another 5 days.
    The diaz was increased to 3 5mg tablets a day on the 9.08.
    I hope this clears up what I missed.
    Okay, got it. You are still feeling those detox symptoms that you've mentioned because you are in a constant state of withdrawal from the codeine! By taking taking such a small amount of the endone you are dragging out the duration of the detox from the codeine. I would suggest to stop the endone now, within a week you'll feel much better if you do. Also I would suggest quitting the diazepam as well, just decrease the diazepam by a 1/2 mg/day until you are down to nothing. Since you've only been taking the diazepam for a few weeks you shouldn't have any issues with withdrawals but as a precaution I mentioned the taper just in case? Keep us updated? Take care... God bless us all!

  5. #5
    Lydz84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thanks. I was thinking that it was the cause but my doctor seemed to think otherwise perhaps anxiety, since all the other symptoms have gone. Apart from the trots which unfortunately will take longer to regulate.
    I didn't want to even consider anti-anxiety meds thats for sure.

  6. #6
    Lydz84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    The diaz i only take now when I get overwhelmed and start trembling, I have inherited an internal tremor from my parents so when i stress or get anxious the tremors get way worse..
    I can't give up coffee. But i have cut down a bit so it doesn't give me worse trots.
    I seem to be able to sleep fine without the diaz these days anyway. But the sweats is PISSING ME OFF. I will try what you said.

  7. #7
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydz84 View Post
    The diaz i only take now when I get overwhelmed and start trembling, I have inherited an internal tremor from my parents so when i stress or get anxious the tremors get way worse..
    I can't give up coffee. But i have cut down a bit so it doesn't give me worse trots.
    I seem to be able to sleep fine without the diaz these days anyway. But the sweats is PISSING ME OFF. I will try what you said.
    The diazepam (Valium) is a benzodiazepine which is an anti-anxiety medication, you do know this correct? Just be very careful with the diazepam, it is very addictive and it doesn't take long to become dependant on it! If you can't give up coffee then I would suggest to only drink decaffeinated coffee especially during the first few weeks of opiate detox! As for the trots (bathroom issues) you can use Imodium as directed to help with that? Anxiety and/or depression is perfectly normal to experience during detox, it will get better in time. Things that can help are a good multivitamin, B Complex, 5-HTP, Zinc, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Omega-3 fatty acids and Magnesium Citrate. Drink lots of water and eat as healthy as possible as well! Be well and keep us updated on your progress? God bless us all!

  8. #8
    Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Hi! Welcome to the boards. I concur with Ricky71. Taking the other meds may be causing you to be in a prolonged WD. I did read your tremor and anxiety history. There are non habit forming, over the counter alternatives. I'm assuming you don't live in the USA. Your verbiage gave me that clue. But Hylands makes something called "nerve tonic" and "calm" which really helped me with anxiety. Perhaps there is an alternative there?

    Coffee will increase this anxiety. And bathroom issues. I had to have coffee until I realized how badly my anxiety was after having it. You slowly can go back to it. Immodium helps with bathroom issues (I took as directed but did use them for almost three weeks). For the heat and burning feeling. I had a fan at my feet every night and used cold cloths. I suffered chills with the burning. My feet burned for nearly two weeks at night.

    Did you read the ingredients of Thomas Recipe? The multivitamin, b complex, l theanine, magnesium citrate all do help. Hot baths or showers help.

    I have to google endone. No idea what that is! Wishing you so much strength. You have come so far. You can get through this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-13-2016 at 06:02 AM.

  9. #9
    Lydz84 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    This morning my head sweating wasn't as bad. I don't feel terrible. Still have stomach cramps. But the prolonged use of codeine actually made my bowel movement regular so I do suspect a longer recovery from that. But I generally require it in the morning. We in Australia have stuff for relaxation called rescue remedy so I will discuss it with my doc b4 taking it. Endone is basically oxy. But the ratio is far less than the codeine i was on.
    Plus I have had 3 weeks off work to recover. Tomorrow I go back to work. I suspect being busy will help a lot as I don't have much to do at home.
    Thanks for your advice. I will update you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 09:22 AM
  2. pharmacy gave me too many pills
    By cassbowser in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22