Generic Subutex >>. buprenorphine/naloxone formulation from the DEA perspective
    ken41 is offline New Member

Default Generic Subutex >>. buprenorphine/naloxone formulation from the DEA perspective

For doctors who write prescriptions for generic buprenorphine: are they at greater risk of DEA trouble than prescribing the combination with Narcan. The brand Suboxone is so over priced and I'd like to get the cheapest form which seems to be just plain old buprenorphine. But am I putting my prescriber at risk for DEA scrutiny if I ask for that and would it just be better to get the generic buprenorphine/naloxone version. I'm not at risk for iv misuse of this med but I noticed that the generic mono drug version (generic Subutex) is schedule III versus the generic Suboxone being schedule iv. Does this make a difference or cause more problems with regulatory bodies at State or federal level. I seem to do fine on either version and don't want to support reckett benkiser, given their hellish desire to make money off of people's suffering. Thanks, Ken

Anonymous Guest

They are both schedule 3. However, my doc conveyed to me that he did cut back on writing Subutex due to the DEA, and is very selective to whom he gives it. I think it does come into play. Hope that helps.