• 2 Post By Sunshine1112
  • 2 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By finallydoingthis
  • 1 Post By MrTimoteo
Getting off Norco 10/325 5-6 pills per day NEED ADVICE
    MrTimoteo is offline New Member

Unhappy Getting off Norco 10/325 5-6 pills per day NEED ADVICE

Hi, I have spent a good amount of time reading other peoples stories and some very successful. It is nice to see so many people out there with a genuine care for others. Now, with that said. I am lost with the proper thing to do here. I have decided to get off these. Mentally I don't want them, physically is another story. I have been to my doctor a few times to discuss. I asked for a taper schedule and when I told them this they immediately decided to cut me off as soon as possible. Back story. About 4-5 years ago I had a motorcycle accident that left me with some bad herniated discs. I refuse to do surgery and spent the last 4-5 years trying to rehabilitate my body and I feel I have been pretty successful with that. The other part is that I took pain medication to help me ease the bad days. I got so used to taking them that it became a schedule, then 3 years ago I wanted to stop and felt the withdrawals for 1/2 a day and it scared me. I had never felt that before and chose to continue using in order to not feel withdrawls. I have such a set schedule, rarely is it to get or feel a super high from these. However, they do help with pain on bad days. So my schedule has been 5 norco a day I wake up at 8am pop 1 at 11am I take my next dose, then 2pm take the next dose, 5pm the next and 8pm the last dose. I stop taking them at 8pm because I find it hard to sleep on them. Usually I wake up feeling pretty good, head feels clear but about 20-30 minutes in after waking up I can feel the withdrawal feelings coming in and I take one. So back to my doctor, when I told him I wanted to taper off he gave me only 3 weeks to do so, which I told him it seemed rushed for having been using for 5 years. He didn't seem to see the issue so I tried. I got down to about 3 per day and then the pills stopped. I felt like I wasn't there yet and they didn't seem to care so they cancelled my script and so I went to a different doctor to get a script. They filled it and it was right back to it again 4-5 pills a day. I felt like I was having to start over. Now about 4 months later I absolutely and financially want to stop taking them. I just don't know what is the best option. Some say taper, some say cold turkey and others suboxone. So I tried cold turkey, didn't like the withdrawals so I kept using, I felt like they would never stop, plus the anxiety of it was too much so I didn't know what to do. I went and talked to the doctors at my HMO addiction center and they immediately wanted to get me on suboxone. I had to withdrawl for 24 hours. So I have not done that yet because I didn't know what the best course of action is. So I am here now. My problem is with withdrawals I feel like I would need time off from work, which I can't afford to do. I work an intensely high paced sales job that is constantly on the go. So I don't know what option is best for me. One doctor tells me one thing and the other doctor another. They seem to really want to push suboxone on me, but that makes worried that I'm gonna be stuck on suboxone. Do you feel clear headed and normal again when on suboxone? Any advice would be amazing at this point... to hear from others Im stuck and just want out of this mess already. Thank you for reading... I will gladly answer any questions that you may have.
    micky808 likes this.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Norco 5/6 times a day is not a huge amount considering what I have seen others come off of. I would really really research some post on this site with the subs. You can also have wds from the subs...they are pretty powerful drugs themselves. I think if you took your meds as scheduled then you were controlled in using and therefore might have an easier time tapering. I tapered off norcos and did not have wd. If you would like help on a tapering schedule i will be more than happy to offer up some suggestions. There is no way to avoid any discomfort. Unfortunately your body is dependent and it will take the body time to learn to adjust without. Even with a taper you still can have discomfort. For the anxiety did any of the drs offer clonidine. It can help with the anxiety and rapid heart it is blood pressure med that has helped many.
    davepeerson likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there. Please do not start Suboxone. Your daily intake doesn't warrant Suboxone therapy - it would be totally overkill. That leaves tapering or going cold turkey, as you know. If you have the willpower to taper then definitely go that route. It won't be pleasant, but it's doable.

I know that cold turkey sucks; I've been there many times before I got clean. The worst is usually over by day 5 or so. Do you have weekends off? You could stop taking pills on a Thursday and have the weekend to get through the worst. By Monday, you'd probably be ok to work - not great - but ok. There's never a good time to quit. A lot of people have had to work every day of their detox, so it's possible. It's definitely unpleasant, but possible.

Whatever you decide, we're here to help and support you.
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1112 View Post
    Norco 5/6 times a day is not a huge amount considering what I have seen others come off of. I would really really research some post on this site with the subs. You can also have wds from the subs...they are pretty powerful drugs themselves. I think if you took your meds as scheduled then you were controlled in using and therefore might have an easier time tapering. I tapered off norcos and did not have wd. If you would like help on a tapering schedule i will be more than happy to offer up some suggestions. There is no way to avoid any discomfort. Unfortunately your body is dependent and it will take the body time to learn to adjust without. Even with a taper you still can have discomfort. For the anxiety did any of the drs offer clonidine. It can help with the anxiety and rapid heart it is blood pressure med that has helped many.
    Sorry I am new to answering in forums so I hoping I am doing this right in responding. I really appreciate the response. It really means a lot because I have no one to talk to and doctors seem to be so robotic these days. I will ask my doctor about the medication. I would love help at a tapering schedule to see how to do that properly, I am all ears at this point and hoping to find something that will fit what I am going through.

You don't always have to reply with quote but can if you want and you did that fine. If you have a set limit of pills that you have to work with then that will dictate a little more on how slow or fast that you go >> if you can get another script and take your time with. If you have another script you can do this a few different ways.

Might try going from 5 to 4 to 3. At 4 you can try keeping your first and last pill at the same time and then spacing the other two out. Another way is to take a small amount off of each pill and reduce the amount so perhaps take 7.5 4xs a day. Eventually you are going to have to reduce the number of times you take in the day and that is why I would try and get to 3xs and then start slowly reducing from 10, 7.5, 5, 2.5. Most important you need to get on vitamins and exercise. Start now and it will make it so much easier. Have you read about different vitamins that can help?

Tapering can be different for everyone the most important thing in a taper is that you are reducing. I would try and reduce every 5 days even when it was only a chip.... but that was me. Tapering is mostly all mental. Yes you have discomfort but there was not a single time I was sick in bed. Yes I had anxiety, lack of energy, and motivation but I was never sick in bed with "flu" like symptoms. Its a mental battle!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-27-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    iloerose and davepeerson like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

" I have such a set schedule, rarely is it to get or feel a super high from these. However, they do help with pain on bad days." "so I went to a different doctor to get a script. They filled it and it was right back to it again 4-5 pills a day."

I am seeing some red flags here, especially where you say that you rarely do them to get "high". That you do them at all to get high is a warning. You say initially that you took them for bad days and I thought that you used the norco sporadically when you had bad days instead of taking them every day. Why did you decide to go "back up to 4-5" when you were on three instead of continuing your taper from the 3 you were on? My feeling here is that you need to get honest with yourself here.

You must first and foremost be committed to quitting these pills, PERIOD. The only way you will be able to do this is to be totally honest with yourself. YOU are then one who matters here. This will be the hardest thing you will ever do. However, it seems like you are trying to separate yourself from addiction. If you are not honest with yourself, this will not work.

First of all, forget the suboxone: it is not a miracle cure. Suboxone will not leave you off the hook for w/d. At your level of use, taking suboxone is like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer, it is way, way, stronger than the norco you are taking, many times stronger.

Second, if you taper, Sunshine has outlined pretty much what you need to do.

Third: C/T is possible. You can use the Thomas Recipe, google it (you should also use the supplements while doing the c/t) The first 3-5 days will be the roughest, but after the initial w/d you will begin to go uphill. I know people who dropped from 150mg of oxy and worked through the whole w/d period. It is doable. Not comfortable to say the least, but doable.

It sounds like tapering is your best option, but you need to be honest with yourself. Even if you taper, check out the Thomas Recipe. It should not take you months to taper, dropping by 25% every 4-5 days is usually recommended. Everyone is different.

Whatever you do, you need to get your head wrapped around being clean and drug free. There is NO totally pain free way of doing this. Much of this as Sunshine pointed out is mental. I wish you luck.

Peace,

Iloerose
    davepeerson and Sunshine1112 like this.

Iwant2help is offline Junior Member

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.The advice given above is the best straightforward advice you can get.It is a mind game.Being drug free has to be the only thought in your mind and when you're truly ready it will be and your willpower will be stronger than the little voice that keeps telling you that you can't live without them.
    Two things got me through.I won the mind game before I tapered and I joined a gym during withdrawals.
    Its hardest doing this alone because there is no one to answer to so I suggest talking to those close to you.

Best of luck on your journey

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The Exercise helps more than you will ever know. I didn't believe it until I did it. It's like a natural antidepressant. I make myself get on the treadmill every day. I can't describe it, but since I have, that deep, dark area I was in has seemed to lift. You can do this. Be strong.
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Hi again I was reading this and wanted to ask your feedback on this taper and see if this would be to much to fast you mentioned cutting pills down every 5 days. If I start off by taking 4 for 5 days then cut down to 3 after 5 days and then 2 after 5 days once (is that two quickly?) lastly, after getting down to 2 pills per day what would your advice be to taper down from there?

You don't always have to reply with quote but can if you want and you did that fine. If you have a set limit of pills that you have to work with then that will dictate a little more on how slow or fast that you go >> if you can get another script and take your time with. If you have another script you can do this a few different ways.

Might try going from 5 to 4 to 3. At 4 you can try keeping your first and last pill at the same time and then spacing the other two out. Another way is to take a small amount off of each pill and reduce the amount so perhaps take 7.5 4xs a day. Eventually you are going to have to reduce the number of times you take in the day and that is why I would try and get to 3xs and then start slowly reducing from 10, 7.5, 5, 2.5. Most important you need to get on vitamins and exercise. Start now and it will make it so much easier. Have you read about different vitamins that can help?

Tapering can be different for everyone the most important thing in a taper is that you are reducing. I would try and reduce every 5 days even when it was only a chip.... but that was me. Tapering is mostly all mental. Yes you have discomfort but there was not a single time I was sick in bed. Yes I had anxiety, lack of energy, and motivation but I was never sick in bed with "flu" like symptoms. Its a mental battle!!
    Hi again I was reading this and wanted to ask your feedback on this taper and see if this would be to much to fast you mentioned cutting pills down every 5 days. If I start off by taking 4 for 5 days then cut down to 3 after 5 days and then 2 after 5 days once (is that two quickly?) lastly, after getting down to 2 pills per day what would your advice be to taper down from there?

I think that is a great taper. Anything you do to get to the finish line is good. At 2 or even 3 pills a day I would start cutting back on the amount 10, 7.5, 5. 2.5. Norco has a half life of 4 hrs and is out of your system by 24 hrs. You don't want to be up and down constantly. You could jump at 2x at 5mg but can take it as low as you want. It gets to be very hard mentally towards the end. I would not worry about that now....listen to your body and that will determine allot. Start with cutting back every 5 days and then when you get to 2x a day see how you feel....maybe you will be ready to jump, want to reduce, or go to 1 pill....wait and see how your body is doing. I don't think cutting back every 5 days is to quick but again listen to your body.

Are you getting exercise? Taking any vitamins? How long were you taking pills for?

Good luck man. Just wanted to add my .02 that 50/60 of hydro is a very small amount and I am impressed that during 5 years you didn't let it get higher. I'm sure you can do it, whether you taper or ct. Just do not get on sub's, they are for people with really bad habits.

You got this.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thank you finallydoingthis. I'm gonna do the taper. Been spending the weekend mapping it out and reading up on vitamins and such to help me through this. I truly want these out of my life. But thank you for the support you have no idea hoe nice that feels. Especially when you don't have some saying those things.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimoteo View Post
    Hi, I have spent a good amount of time reading other peoples stories and some very successful. It is nice to see so many people out there with a genuine care for others. Now, with that said. I am lost with the proper thing to do here. I have decided to get off these. Mentally I don't want them, physically is another story. I have been to my doctor a few times to discuss. I asked for a taper schedule and when I told them this they immediately decided to cut me off as soon as possible. Back story. About 4-5 years ago I had a motorcycle accident that left me with some bad herniated discs. I refuse to do surgery and spent the last 4-5 years trying to rehabilitate my body and I feel I have been pretty successful with that. The other part is that I took pain medication to help me ease the bad days. I got so used to taking them that it became a schedule, then 3 years ago I wanted to stop and felt the withdrawals for 1/2 a day and it scared me. I had never felt that before and chose to continue using in order to not feel withdrawls. I have such a set schedule, rarely is it to get or feel a super high from these. However, they do help with pain on bad days. So my schedule has been 5 norco a day I wake up at 8am pop 1 at 11am I take my next dose, then 2pm take the next dose, 5pm the next and 8pm the last dose. I stop taking them at 8pm because I find it hard to sleep on them. Usually I wake up feeling pretty good, head feels clear but about 20-30 minutes in after waking up I can feel the withdrawal feelings coming in and I take one. So back to my doctor, when I told him I wanted to taper off he gave me soonly 3 weeks to do so, which I told him it seemed rushed for having been using for 5 years. He didn't seem to see the issue so I tried. I got down to about 3 per day and then the pills stopped. I felt like I wasn't there yet and they didn't seem to care so they cancelled my script and so I went to a different doctor to get a script. They filled it and it was right back to it again 4-5 pills a day. I felt like I was having to start over. Now about 4 months later I absolutely and financially want to stop taking them. I just don't know what is the best option. Some say taper, some say cold turkey and others suboxone. So I tried cold turkey, didn't like the withdrawals so I kept using, I felt like they would never stop, plus the anxiety of it was too much so I didn't know what to do. I went and talked to the doctors at my HMO addiction center and they immediately wanted to get me on suboxone. I had to withdrawl for 24 hours. So I have not done that yet because I didn't know what the best course of action is. So I am here now. My problem is with withdrawals I feel like I would need time off from work, which I can't afford to do. I work an intensely high paced sales job that is constantly on the go. So I don't know what option is best for me. One doctor tells me one thing and the other doctor another. They seem to really want to push suboxone on me, but that makes worried that I'm gonna be stuck on suboxone. Do you feel clear headed and normal again when on suboxone? Any advice would be amazing at this point... to hear from others Im stuck and just want out of this mess already. Thank you for reading... I will gladly answer any questions that you may have.
    Damn...... exact same routine on the dosages. 8am 11am 2pm 5pm 8pm. Exact. Lol. I had to quit because its eating my waller. With the new rescheduled 2, its costing me 300$ for 90pills a month. Thats a car payment. No thank you, >> rather buy another car than continue these little monsters. Im not dumb, i preffer the car. As much as I'll miss that nice pleasant euphoric feeling, i just can't go on. First of all, the euphoria is very short. So i had to break another pill in galf and add u t otherwise I would feel much. That led me into running out sooner that the 30day refill. It got to the point we're I was on withdrawl every single month at the end for about 1 week.that got old quick. I have a great doctor, but financially not doable. So... 31 days ago. I ran out and just won't go to another visit. Its quite a long distance. That's another story. But anyways, 31 days clean. Best thing ever? Absolutely no. Im going through wd as i type. What happened was after quitting ct 31 days ago, i decided to try kratom to help with the paws depression. Well, i didn't know but kratom comes very close to hydrocodone. And after taking it for 2weeks and feeling great, i suddenly got very sick from it. Woobly eyes, shivering, flu like symptoms, head ache, dizziness and nauseated. So i decided to stop taking it. Well, little did i know that it would lead to a severe withdrawal just like opiates exept add dizziness with nausea. So its been 68 hours since last kratom dose. And i feel like sh%t. Total sh%t. Worst part is the depression im in. It's like the world had nothing to offer to me. Bleak and total full on depressed. So dont be scared.... anyone can do this. You have to just convince yourself to sacrifice at least 1 week to hell. Then it gets better and better slowly. Might take a month but is better done now than later.because one day, we will all run out for what ever reason. Might as well app now and pay the piper.

I think that is a great taper. Anything you do to get to the finish line is good. At 2 or even 3 pills a day I would start cutting back on the amount 10, 7.5, 5. 2.5. Norco has a half life of 4 hrs and is out of your system by 24 hrs. You don't want to be up and down constantly. You could jump at 2x at 5mg but can take it as low as you want. It gets to be very hard mentally towards the end. I would not worry about that now....listen to your body and that will determine allot. Start with cutting back every 5 days and then when you get to 2x a day see how you feel....maybe you will be ready to jump, want to reduce, or go to 1 pill....wait and see how your body is doing. I don't think cutting back every 5 days is to quick but again listen to your body.

Are you getting exercise? Taking any vitamins? How long were you taking pills for?
    I stared on monday and so far so good. 4 pill taper schedule for 5 days. I woke up this morning already feeling better. My eyes mostly and head. I had my last dose at 6pm and fell asleep at 11 woke up and it felt different then other mornings. not sure if it was the time between dose or just my mental state of wanting them out or both. I was taking these since about 2009 but i started the 5-6 dose a day the past 2 1/2 years. I play golf a lot and I do exercise I think I will need to do more exercise to rebuild that good natural feeling. I am in pretty good physical shape. I take raw code one mulitviatamin, turmeric force, coqo10 ubiuqnol, Glucosimine, l-gluatamine and I drink Paradise Greens, Orac organic antioxidant powder every day. I need to look at the thomas recipe and find out some other stuff that can help with restless feelings. Thats what gets the most is feeling restless. I can't stand that.

Sorry to hear about your WD. Thats why I came here I ended up finding so much negative for me about taking Suboxone and it a taper program works great for me because I am built for a routine ands schedule as long as I have a plan in place I will follow it. I hear you about the money situation. I remember looking back and seeing how $3000 was gone over just a short few months. i have kids and I felt like I was stealing from them and their future as well. I will get rid of these in exactly 30 days. Thats my goal date and by the time its tapered down I will deal with whatever wd I have at that point, which should be minimized based on the taper. I have a business to run and a family to support so its impossible for me to function feeling how I did when i was cold turkey. Some are stronger and can do that. I just know inside thats not for me.

micky808 is offline New Member

Default KRATOM is all you need

Sorry to hear about your WD. Thats why I came here I ended up finding so much negative for me about taking Suboxone and it a taper program works great for me because I am built for a routine ands schedule as long as I have a plan in place I will follow it. I hear you about the money situation. I remember looking back and seeing how $3000 was gone over just a short few months. i have kids and I felt like I was stealing from them and their future as well. I will get rid of these in exactly 30 days. Thats my goal date and by the time its tapered down I will deal with whatever wd I have at that point, which should be minimized based on the taper. I have a business to run and a family to support so its impossible for me to function feeling how I did when i was cold turkey. Some are stronger and can do that. I just know inside thats not for me.
    Hi, I have spent a good amount of time reading other peoples stories and some very successful. It is nice to see so many people out there with a genuine care for others. Now, with that said. I am lost with the proper thing to do here. I have decided to get off these. Mentally I don't want them, physically is another story. I have been to my doctor a few times to discuss. I asked for a taper schedule and when I told them this they immediately decided to cut me off as soon as possible. Back story. About 4-5 years ago I had a motorcycle accident that left me with some bad herniated discs. I refuse to do surgery and spent the last 4-5 years trying to rehabilitate my body and I feel I have been pretty successful with that. The other part is that I took pain medication to help me ease the bad days. I got so used to taking them that it became a schedule, then 3 years ago I wanted to stop and felt the withdrawals for 1/2 a day and it scared me. I had never felt that before and chose to continue using in order to not feel withdrawls. I have such a set schedule, rarely is it to get or feel a super high from these. However, they do help with pain on bad days. So my schedule has been 5 norco a day I wake up at 8am pop 1 at 11am I take my next dose, then 2pm take the next dose, 5pm the next and 8pm the last dose. I stop taking them at 8pm because I find it hard to sleep on them. Usually I wake up feeling pretty good, head feels clear but about 20-30 minutes in after waking up I can feel the withdrawal feelings coming in and I take one. So back to my doctor, when I told him I wanted to taper off he gave me only 3 weeks to do so, which I told him it seemed rushed for having been using for 5 years. He didn't seem to see the issue so I tried. I got down to about 3 per day and then the pills stopped. I felt like I wasn't there yet and they didn't seem to care so they cancelled my script and so I went to a different doctor to get a script. They filled it and it was right back to it again 4-5 pills a day. I felt like I was having to start over. Now about 4 months later I absolutely and financially want to stop taking them. I just don't know what is the best option. Some say taper, some say cold turkey and others suboxone. So I tried cold turkey, didn't like the withdrawals so I kept using, I felt like they would never stop, plus the anxiety of it was too much so I didn't know what to do. I went and talked to the doctors at my HMO addiction center and they immediately wanted to get me on suboxone. I had to withdrawl for 24 hours. So I have not done that yet because I didn't know what the best course of action is. So I am here now. My problem is with withdrawals I feel like I would need time off from work, which I can't afford to do. I work an intensely high paced sales job that is constantly on the go. So I don't know what option is best for me. One doctor tells me one thing and the other doctor another. They seem to really want to push suboxone on me, but that makes worried that I'm gonna be stuck on suboxone. Do you feel clear headed and normal again when on suboxone? Any advice would be amazing at this point... to hear from others Im stuck and just want out of this mess already. Thank you for reading... I will gladly answer any questions that you may have.
    I'm and not sure how to leave a message so here it is. listen I have been dealing with oxy's on and off for 15years and it never gets easy. I would go from 180m a day and cut cold turkey. I would be sick, sick, sick, sometime it was scary how bad I felt. So here is the thing I know use Kratom when I kick or withdrawal you feel tired and on the second day your on and off the toilet but you can actually go to work and it is like you just have a slight cold. the first time I tried Kratom I was it was about 4 or 5 hours past my last pill and I was started to feel it the sickness was coming my friend went to the head shop and bought me some kratom he brought it home then I put about 3 table spoons into some orange juice and 10 minuets later i almost cried I didn't feel sick my legs didn't hurt i wasn't moving around i was tired but big deal. i kept the kratom with me and made some for the side of the bed when i would wake up because I couldn't stope moving around i would drink some and back to bed I went,, Do yourself a favor quit taking pills and if you stop take kratom until you complete your withdrawals then never go back. Just so Ii say it this worked for me and a few of my friends how have the same problems I do. please look into Kratom and read about it. its a plant that has been powdered into a tea and you drink it or take capsuls. it has not shown up i any of my pee test either

I'm and not sure how to leave a message so here it is. listen I have been dealing with oxy's on and off for 15years and it never gets easy. I would go from 180m a day and cut cold turkey. I would be sick, sick, sick, sometime it was scary how bad I felt. So here is the thing I know use Kratom when I kick or withdrawal you feel tired and on the second day your on and off the toilet but you can actually go to work and it is like you just have a slight cold. the first time I tried Kratom I was it was about 4 or 5 hours past my last pill and I was started to feel it the sickness was coming my friend went to the head shop and bought me some kratom he brought it home then I put about 3 table spoons into some orange juice and 10 minuets later i almost cried I didn't feel sick my legs didn't hurt i wasn't moving around i was tired but big deal. i kept the kratom with me and made some for the side of the bed when i would wake up because I couldn't stope moving around i would drink some and back to bed I went,, Do yourself a favor quit taking pills and if you stop take kratom until you complete your withdrawals then never go back. Just so Ii say it this worked for me and a few of my friends how have the same problems I do. please look into Kratom and read about it. its a plant that has been powdered into a tea and you drink it or take capsuls. it has not shown up i any of my pee test either

sorry for the spelling errors I was trying to fix them and I was blocked from doing so.

Hi Sunshine1112,

I wanted to thank you for the taper idea. This whole thing has been a huge learning experience. After we messaged back in forth about a almost a week and half ago I started my first taper going from 6 pills straight down to 4 taking them 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm for 5 days. However on the 5th day I got so busy at work that I forgot to take my 8pm dose. My mind wasn't even thinking about it. I got home that night and was about to take one and thought to myself no, I don't need one. I am not feeling any, I feel fine. I took my vitamins and went to bed. I woke up the next morning at around 8am. My head felt so clear. went outside and everything looked so vivid and clear it was truly amazing. I still had zero craving for a single dose. So I waited. Around noon that day I could feel it and decided to take 1. I guess my mind is getting stronger to the fact of not wanting them that I really didn't feel anything, the next dose I took was at 8pm. So then I woke up Sunday and still nothing... no withdrawal feeling, only feeling I have had is the runs now and then but even so nothing unbearable. So I took a dose at 11am and then didn't take another dose until 7pm still not feeling high nor feeling the need for one. So now its monday and I had half a pill at 9am. Its now 3pm and I feel completely normal and fine. I just keep reminding myself mentally that I have no need for them, I'm not in pain, and i just forget about them mentally and its like my body forgets about them. I haven't felt a single WD yet. its 3pm and I plan to go the rest of the night without one. I feel so alert, awake and alive. I just don't understand why I am not being hit with any WD symptoms I have cut my dosage down by over 60% and still feel nothing. Do people deal go through WD differently? I was at nearly 6 a day for over 4-5 years and it just baffles me that I am feeling this fine.
    TheGoodSister likes this.

Mrtim thank you for the kind words. Don't think about why you are not feeling any wds just be greatful and take it. Just like I said listen to your body if you need it then fine but know the difference between the mental and the physical. If you are down to a half pill tomorrow with a 24 hour period you will be fine to jump, Remember the half life of norco is 4 hr. Keeping busy is a huge factor and has been a blessing for you. I am so so happy your taper went well!! On the freedom side!! Sometimes and everyone is different but our minds can take a little time to adjust back to normal after coming off of pills. I have seen so many post where after two weeks of being off they are good to go and pills are just a past life. Some of us struggle longer with the mental. I think that tapering can help get your mind slowly adjusted to normal >> ct and shocking it. I deal with anxiety but I came off of tramadol which has an opiate and anti-dep and was on those for a solid 11 years. Everyone is different and I am so happy this has been easier for you. My jump I went snow skiing and having a nice family vacation so if you can taper does not have to always be miserable. Taper is more willpower and mental. Congrats!!!!!

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Suboxone isnt for everyone. I tried it and hated it. Seems like there are people who swear by it saving their life and people swearing they hate it. Sorry I know that isnt the answer you were looking for.

One thing I have learned, that I think you can apply to yourself is quite simply this:
    There will always be a reason to not stop, there will always be a reason to not taper. There will always be a reason until you are ready to say you are done and see it through by whatever means necessary.
    I was on 12-13 norco (10-325) a day for 6 years. I have followed a taper over the last 6 weeks (which has sucked balls btw) but failure isnt an option for me anymore, I am going to do this. its just that simple in the end, and only you know when that is.
    I start my first day of no pills tomorrow morning and I can honestly say I am excited!

Sunshine, Thank you again for the idea and the answers to my taper questions. I have been officially off norco now for two weeks. Because of the way I tapered and your plan you shared with me I cut out nearly 95% of withdrawals. I got down to the last one of my tapers and and flushed them down the toilet. I finally realized I was back in control and that these little pills don't control me. It was so huge for me to stick to it and move past it all. I even had a stressful last few months and I just stayed completely focused on the plan and helping me. I can officially state I am off the pills and couldn't feel more amazing. You forget what you were like before them and when you start to see, feel and enjoy yourself again its such a better feeling then ever being controlled by a substance. Anyone ever wanting to get off anything just do it! Its not easy but its the best decision you could ever make and I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thank you again everyone for your support.