Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Getting ready for percocet detox at home /it's fun till it's not fun anymore
    jr1488 is offline New Member

Ok after reading this I feel like a wimp I've been using oxycodone for a year or longer after a kidney surgery at most 5 to 6 at least 3 or 4 a day. I'm on day 5 of a slow taper my Dr have me hydrocodone 10 1/2 a tab twice a day for 7 days then a 1/2 a tab the next 7 days then 1/2 a tab every other day. The first few days have been more painful than my 8.6mm kidney stone but each day is not as bad as the last. But I'm really scared of the next 7 days that are too come I can't take time off high stress no b.s. kinda of boss.I'm an Electrician and being tired and clumsy can get you killed or burnt very badly. My Q can I start this thomas recipe even thought I've already started to taper ? I'm already taking a daily vaitamin and been taking b12 like crazy for energy. Not going to lie the 1st day I took an extra half but the last 4 just what was prescribed. I've put down worse drugs and walked away from them cocaine and meth but this has kicked my a$$. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

PercPrincess is offline New Member

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone luck!
    I'm trying to kick a 600mg day habit and it's absolutely brutal. Subs don't seem to want to work for me this time :/ 20 blues every day just killed me financially as you can imagine.
    Unreal how those tiny little pills can rule our life.
    Just so sick of the daily battle. Will I have enough pills today?, etc. Just sucks!

Anyway, good luck to you all!!
    Giants95 likes this.

OxyAddictNoMore is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jax124 View Post
    Let me know how your detox goes I'm on day 3 it gets easier from here I hope
    I hope you're doing well Jax!!! I'm on day 5 and am about to go to my first NA meeting in 15 minutes. Sought out help from a friend who had hit rock bottom, spoke with a family members, had some help from a friend who has had to detox CT multiple times because of crones disease (kratom has been a savior, stopped using it today actually).

Withdrawal was hell, my fiance doesn't understand addiction in the least (but I'm fortunate enough to have a few people around me who do), and hell if I'm not committed to this. Stumble or not.

@finallydoingthis you're right. and thank you so much for your words because they mean more than I could tell you. It's funny I just happened to hop on here right before I went to NA, and after arguing with my fiance saying the same exact thing to me about me being hesitant about NA. So thank you again. I still have addicts mentality that I still would want more, and I have no reason to be, because I'm done letting this stuff ruin my life. You too Jax! Stay strong my dude, I'll be back as frequent as possible to check in. Sometimes I forgot, but I'm going to try and make a point not to.

@jr STAY STRONG!!! These things are the devil! And I can just tell you, after having my worst day on day 3 or 4, I'm over the hill and the light is opening up and I can actually feel a bit like myself. I promise you, it gets easier. I promise. Promise. Promise. You WILL physically feel better, and a pill will fix that short term (aka super short term, 1 hour), but not long term for you.

@PercPrincess I know the feeling, those little blues. I was on anywhere between 5 - 10, and they are so tiny you don't think they'll do anything. Silly thinking. Stick with it, if you can get your hands on some kratom, about 5g (depending on the person) in tea helps with skin crawly feeling and sleep. Totally legal supplement in the US, a friend of mine brought it over for me on Wednesday and it saved me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

timetochange is offline Junior Member

@OxyAddictNoMore

Hi. How are you?? I'm sorry I need to check this thread more often. I am going to try to set it up so I get emails now when someone replies to this thread.

I'm okay right now. I mentioned I had a little slip up with the teeth, then another little one so back now to square one. Maybe coming on here more would've helped!!

Are you on day 5 (guess more than that now) and going to NA?

Where do you find kratom? That is the one thing I can't find and don't want to go to the doctor for it.

I'm proud of you. Really-good for you! The dental work did cause more of a slip up than I thought I guess. Mad at myself

@finallydoingthis
    how are you?
    I am wondering if NA will be good for me

helpinghandoflove is offline New Member

New here. I'm not the one going through this but my significant other is. I'm the one helping him along the way and seeking any advice I can. Were on day 2. Omg please pray for us both. Here is how I'm trying to help.
    I have suffered from great back pain most my life. I go to pain management and receive 5-325mg of percocet. I myself am not addicted to them and refuse to become addicted. that is why I'm seeking other alternatives as I speak. So anyways I have been trying to help my significant other by tapering him off of them. Were on day 2 like I said earlier and he is taking 3 a day which is very little compared to what he was getting illegally. Due to loss of insurance. What had happened was about 2 years ago he had major damages to his shoulder and has been addicted ever since. So here he are trying to kick this an I need any advice I can get.
    I have been giving him anti- diarrhea med, 3 percocets through out the day and all the love I can but feel totally helpless. Am I doing the right thing by trying to taper him off? I explained to him I will be giving him 2 a day next week. Is that to soon to cut back? Im just clueless on how to go about this. I've done reading but haven't found much about the way I'm going about this. Am I wrong? I just don't know.
    If anyone has advice please share. Thanks in advance.

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by timetochange View Post
    @OxyAddictNoMore

Hi. How are you?? I'm sorry I need to check this thread more often. I am going to try to set it up so I get emails now when someone replies to this thread.

I'm okay right now. I mentioned I had a little slip up with the teeth, then another little one so back now to square one. Maybe coming on here more would've helped!!

Where do you find kratom? That is the one thing I can't find and don't want to go to the doctor for it.

I'm proud of you. Really-good for you! The dental work did cause more of a slip up than I thought I guess. Mad at myself
    Hey there timetochange,
    This thread caught my eye so I glanced over it. My advise take it or leave it would be to avoid the Kratom at all costs! I thought I could take it and I did last time I was quitting opiates. It made me feel good, a little too good. Yup just like pills. Was back on norco within 2 weeks of Kratom. Not saying you are me but they were too similar for me to mess with.

I've been clean now 20 days and I am feeling pretty damn good after being a shell for 6 years. The mental and emotional stuff can be tough and that is where I found NA and an addiction counselor to be huge assets to my recovery. I would like to sit here and tell you I would still be clean regardless of those but I don't know. What I can tell you is that everytime I have not wanted to go to NA or my counselor and I just get up and make myself go I feel SO MUCH BETTER afterwards.

This disease will trick you about every way you can imagine to come back to using. You need as many tools as possible to fight back and stand strong. Listen to me acting like I have beaten it. One day at a time I know 20 days is not 2 years, but hey its still 20 days

Let me know if you need anymore advise or info glad to help if possible. My whole journey is pretty much documented on here if you want to see what I went through.

Your pal,
    Jeffro

Questions11 is offline Member

Hi all,

Just decided to check in on everyone (and new additions!) last minute because I can't sleep. Death in the family, grandfather, it's all fine but still restless.

If you go back far enough you'll find my threads- I am 67 days clean now! You guys have no idea how much better it gets. It sucks at first but the day you realize you're fine is the best. Still now last week to be exact, I got a text from my old dealer and for the THIRD time I deleted it with no answer and I'm so happy. If you need me, I'm here.

Keep your head up!
    Xo C
    timetochange likes this.

hi helpinghandoflove

welcome! and that is great you are helping him. he will need all the support he can get! If he is taking 3 pills and still getting withdrawal symptoms then you had tapered too many milligrams too soon. How much was he taking? If you cut back too much too soon you can get sick. My advise would be if you are already on day 3 or 4 now, I would just stick with what you are doing. I wouldn't up the dose now. I would tell him at this point you are just trying to help with the withdrawal symptoms (may not seem like it to him but it would be worse without them) and maintain. He is not going to get high like usual. I would stick to your plan at this point if you are a few days in. I would continue to cut down next week and even the following. There are a lot of threads on here about tapering but it sounds like you cut a little too much too soon but don't beat yourself up. You are helping which is more help than you know! I wish I could talk to my significant other about it! How is he doing??

@jr1488
    how are you?

@percprincess how are you doing? I know exactly what you mean.
    are you tapering or cold turkey? I had a few hiccups but am back to square one all over.

@jeffro6527

congrats on the 20 days! that's great. how are you?

@OxyAddictNoMore

I need to check more often too, don't you worry, I do the same thing! I'm hanging in there, had a relapse, but back at it, I'm 48 hours, no more pills (I had found a few buried in a drawer like an idiot took them instead of threw them away, what could it hurt I say), and I'm going to NA as often as possible. I've been 3 times in the past week, it's great to hear support from people around you, and really is such unbelievable support. Whatever stigma I had attached to NA in my head were obliterated in a positive way!

Overall I'm doing good. I'm alive, I have the love of my life, I have my own life, and fully embrace the fact that I know I have a disease and am an addict, and I god damn't I'm going to do everything within my power to manage this disease so it doesn't control my life. Feeling inside, I'm a wreck, but I know that's the addiction and drugs, but I am doing my best to not let that get the better of me and live my life how I know I would want to live, not how my addiction wants me to live!

Jeff, congrats on 20 days, that's absolutely amazing as far as I'm concerned!!!! I can't wait until I'm there...!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-02-2015 at 07:03 PM.

OxyAddictNoMore,

how are you doing? it's been an up and down roller coaster for me!

OxyAddictNoMore,

how are you doing? it's been an up and down roller coaster for me!
    Rollercoaster here too. Just can't seem to kick it. It's the symptoms around day 5 that get me and I've fallen back into using (fortunately less than before), once the psychological part of the addiction really starts, naturally. I'm going to start attending more NA meetings, and I've started making changes like meditating every day, I'm starting acupuncture on Monday which I am hopeful can help, and just know that I'm powerless to control this disease and I need support of others to manage it!

I'm just trying to find as many positively impactful ways to fill my time. Like meditation, yoga, acupuncture, NA, etc etc. It doesn't get rid of the addiction, but it at least makes me feel a bit better about myself.

What's going on with you? Spill yo guts if you want! hahahaha. No judging here, I've >>>>ed up too unfortunately.

@OxyAddictNoMore
    I feel a little better that I'm not the only one! I won't take anything for 3-5 days then I will take for a day or 2, then back to nothing for a few days. I've been doing this for the last month. Up and down. I have good days and bad, and again, no one knows but myself and the people who are on this thread. I can't quite seem to quit it 100%. I am happy when I go a few days with nothing and realize I can do it! Then I somehow decide to take something, even if for a day and I'm back to square one. I just took my last one last night so again will go into this week with nothing, and the feel of dread knowing I have none. I hate that I keep doing this to myself, this vicious cycle. What a f*cking b*astard this addiction thing is! How can I be so ready one day then ready to take something the next?

Anyway, this week I will be back to taking nothing.

Let me know how your acupuncture goes and if it helps. I've been trying to work out too, but when I have nothing in my system, my energy is non-existent. Like even walking seems like a hard task and there are 10 lb weights in my shoes.

@OxyAddictNoMore

how are you??!?!?

@OxyAddictNoMore

wanted to see how you have been. I think something is up with this thread. I posted again on here a day ago and now I do not see it. Also, I got a notification that you responded but when I logged onto the thread, there was no response. Hmmm. Anyway, still been doing the same thing. Few days on, few days off. having a hard time stopping completely. I erased my supplier's number and told them I am no longer interested, but they texted me late last week and I caved. Mad at myself. And mad at this cycle. Wonder if I have to tell my husband at this point.

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Good morning timetochance and oxyaddictnomore!

Hope you are both doing well today! Just wanted to drop some love and hope on your thread and let ya know that I am 50 days clean today!!!!

Its been quite a journey but all in all I wouldnt change it for the world. NA and counseling have helped a lot . Find myself starting to uncover things that ultimately led to my life of addiction. I look forward to continued progress. Sometimes scared of what I will find but still excited.

The point of this message was not to say look at me I am 50 days clean, so if it came off that way I apologize. Just wanted to give you hope and to know that if I did it you can too.

If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that I DONT NEED TO USE TODAY!
    Keep fighting the good fight you got this!!

If there is anything I can do dont hesitate to reach out!

Your old pal,
    Jeffro

@ jeffro6527

Hi Jeffro,
    Now I am sure you are into 60 days and that is impressive. Congrats!!! I am on day 4 today and had 4 days off of work (planned it like that) and go back tomorrow. Not going to lie (as we all know) last 2 days were pretty bad, but this morning my mind seems a little more clear. I also noticed I had a fever yesterday (which I never had before when in w/d) so I was wondering if some people get fevers unless I am coming down with a bug on top of it all (oh, the joy!. Anyway, thanks for checking in and I am happy to hear you are doing so well. I want to hear things like that. I would never think you are tooting you are own horn. I need to know other people like me come out on the other side and succeed. Keep me posted with how you are. I do have ambien at night (which barely helps) and I did have less than 1/3 of a suboxene left which I took a piece Saturday and that's it. I still have a morsel left and didn't take it. My issues right now are mainly >>>>>>/little sleep, no energy whatsoever, nausea, urges and no motivation. Guess I am waiting on my brain to naturally make me endorphins again since it lagged off drastically when the opiates took over. I hope this happens soon. The couch has been my only friend for the last 3 days. Today being day 4 is pretty good for me in terms of a time frame. I can not seem to make the 1 week mark. So the one week mark I will celebrate (and not in a drug celebratory way). I do so well then cave. thanks and talk to you soon.

@OxyAddictNoMore how are you buddy???

@ jeffro6527
    @OxyAddictNoMore how are you buddy???
    timetochange, it's been a long time since I posted here, and the reason for that is because after I relapsed I got my ass into an Intensive Outpatient Program! I knew it's what I needed to do for myself. My COMPLETELY sober date was May 13th, no nothing. No pot, no pills, no anything. I'm happy to say that I feel better than I have in YEARS, and I promise you, if you're still struggling, it seriously gets easier, colors get brighter, and you actually start FEELING again!

That isn't to say I don't want to go out, get some pills, pop em, and get high as hell. There's a reason I got addicted in the first place, but where I'm at now, I feel absolutely amazing and wouldn't trade it for a second. I hope all is well with you @timetochange and that you're on the right path. I got all the faith in the world that if I can do this you can too!!!

Also, the endorphins. EXERCISE!!!! As little or as much as you can. It helped more in ways I could have never imagined. Though I was an exercise fiend before my addiction, so I definitely know how helpful it can be. Check out this post about dealing with PAWS and how to boost endorphins.

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73599

I hope you're doing well!!!!!

OxyAddictNoMore,
    good to hear from you. that is awesome for you! congrats!! sad to say I've been going back and forth for the last few months. I do 1-2 weeks clean then a week binge. then 2 weeks clean, then another binge. The thing is I am up to a week or 2 with nothing (which is more than before when I had no breaks) and then I cave. It's stupid really that I do well for so long, then I get a call (even after the person's number is deleted and I have said do not contact me) that they have some and I think getting some is fine. I've cut down dramatically on the amount I take and now have long breaks in between, but can't seem to totally "kick" it. I think I am more mad that I can go a week or 2 with nothing then cave. If I've made it to 2 weeks I have to be strong!

What made you finally do intensive rehab? I am still in the midst of trying to battle my demons with no one knowing.

getmylifebackagain is offline Junior Member

Come on guys you got this! I just posted my story on the forums here. I'm at day 4 of w/d's. I can honestly say it's getting easier day to day. I was at a 150-200mg a day percocet addiction. If I could give any advice I'd say tapering doesn't really work. You have to quit cold turkey or you'll relapse. Believe me I know have done it quite a few times. Also, watch out for Suboxen or whatever. I've never done that route but I know plenty of people that have. It gives you almost the same effects of Percs or ??? but actually blocks opiates in your system. You don't want to w/d from painkillers just to w/d even worse from Subs though. I don't want to sound high and mighty here, but I will say; Day 2 was easier then Day 1, Day 3 was easier then Day 2, so far Day 4 has been easier then Day 3, and so on.....You have to reflect every moment you're not taking them and realize how better you're truly going to feel off of them. Believe me, this is a moment to moment battle.
    timetochange likes this.

bettertoday is offline New Member

Hi timetochange, this is my very first post. I found it very interesting to read your post because we have very similar stories. I'm in my 30's, I've been addicted to percocet for just over a year now (started after an RX I received after the birth of a child). I REALLY enjoy the energy it gives me and I'd take a pill anytime I was about to do anything (grocery shop, take my kids to the park, social event, etc). The reason I'm writing is that NOBODY knows that I'm addicted. I haven't told my friends, husband, parents, sister, brother, nobody. Today is day 1 of my attempt to quit and I'm starting to get really depressed. I've had to come up with a pretty elaborate lie which includes taking time off work, checking into a hotel, lying about a made up business trip, etc. Now that the time is here I'm starting to panic a bit wondering if I can do this. More so than that I'm feeling really low. How can I lie to my husband? How can I be leaving my children for 3 days in order to detox on my own in a hotel? What kind of mother am I? What kind of person am I? I have all the meds and vitamins to get me through Thomas recipe detox but I'm really nervous for my 1st night alone. I don't know why I'm even reaching out to you I just felt like I needed to talk to somebody and we had a similar story. I have NO intention of telling any of my family/friends about what I'm going through right now. I'm the matriarch of my family. I work FT, I'm the bread winner, I handle the bills and take care of my parents. I'm the strong one in the family and if anybody knew what I've gotten myself into I know they would lose faith in me and my pride cannot take that. So please don't suggest I tell my family/friends because I won't. I just simply was wondering if you had any advice. I'm following the Thomas recipe to a T. I have all that I need and am just know realizing I may have gotten myself a little in over my head. Thanks for listening.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-24-2015 at 01:53 AM.

@ bettertoday
    I am just seeing your post now (a few days later). How are you making out? The worst should be over at this point. You are doing the right thing I believe. Just remember, if you made it through the first few days the worst physical symptoms are over but the mind part and cravings will be there. Let me know how you are
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-28-2015 at 09:17 AM.

OxyAddictNoMore.
    your last post got deleted. how are you?

ju ju is offline New Member

It is awful, I have been playing the tail chasing game w/ sub's and percs for years
    I'm so tired of it. I would tell any young people, to stop playing with fire. Get help while you can. 1 day you won't even be able to get high. You're just gonna be miserable.

ju ju is offline New Member

I tried that for years. When I finally got honest, guess what? They said they've known for a long time, and were ready to help. Good luck with you're charade. Find a support system. You are not unique, and your secrets is needless stress. Signed a person who tried what you're doing, and suffering again, because " I'm in a Master's Program, and don't want to disappoint"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast