Giving them up
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member

Default Giving them up

So my wife and I have been taking oxycodone pain medication for over 4 years. Between 6 and 7 - 10mg pills a day/each. We have both wanted to quit for some time but with us both being on them it has been difficult. We have decided to start the process next weekend. We are going to use sub and Roberts plan to help us with the physical and emotional symptoms we know we will experience. I would really love Roberts help because we have read many many threads with him helping and we both believe it would be vital to our success to have him. We also welcome anyone else's opinions, encouragement, advice. The support that this community gives is the final reason we have made the plunge. Wish us luck as we know this will be one of the hardest things we've ever done but we also know it will be the most rewarding thing. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    So my wife and I have been taking oxycodone pain medication for over 4 years. Between 6 and 7 - 10mg pills a day/each. We have both wanted to quit for some time but with us both being on them it has been difficult. We have decided to start the process next weekend. We are going to use sub and Roberts plan to help us with the physical and emotional symptoms we know we will experience. I would really love Roberts help because we have read many many threads with him helping and we both believe it would be vital to our success to have him. We also welcome anyone else's opinions, encouragement, advice. The support that this community gives is the final reason we have made the plunge. Wish us luck as we know this will be one of the hardest things we've ever done but we also know it will be the most rewarding thing. Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Hello and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately Robert is no longer with us but there are plenty of other members with a lot of experience with subs and Roberts sub taper plan! I suggest you move your thread to the Suboxone Treatment forum since you are seeking help with subs. Best of luck to you,,, God bless us all!

I'm not sure how to move it to another thread? I don't want either of us to be on sub long at all either.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

I'm not sure how to move it to another thread? I don't want either of us to be on sub long at all either.
    Just start a new thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum! Robert's sub taper plan will take a couple months! I highly suggest you follow it exactly as outlined, the induction is the most important and crucial part of the process! Start your new thread and be patient, plenty of help will stop by to guide and support you. Take care... God bless us all!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome!

If you're familiar with Robert's sub plan you are aware that it has produced 1000's of success stories. I am certainly one of them. I'll have 2 years clean on July 7th by following the plan. The both of you have only to follow the plan closely and you too can add your names to those that are now clean and enjoying life.

When Robert wrote the sub plan he had only himself as a guide as to what worked and what didn't. He left us with a plan that works as advertised. Over the years like everything else we find the basic plan can be improved a little. The structure remains the same, but the plan isn't written in stone and can be tweaked to fit individual needs.

For example, it's now known that the lower you reduce the better. I went down to .25mg then decided to go lower to .125mg before jumping. I had a near painless jump. I helped one member that was having a rough time with the 25% reductions go with 10% reductions and that made a big difference in how she was feeling. She now is clean and doing quite well. I myself found that once I was down to around 2mg it was far easier for ME to reduce by .25mg increments instead of the usual 25%. I did it soley for the ease of figuring and cutting the doses. Who knows, that may be the way it's done in the future?

As Ricky mentioned, the induction is the most critical part of sub therapy. You MUST be in moderate/severe wd's from your drug of choice and use the Cows to determine when it's SAFE to take that first dose of sub. Once you hit the 26 score needed for induction you begin by taking SMALL doses of sub every hour until stable. That part of the sub plan remains unchanged. The goal is to be on the LOWEST effective dose possible. Most sub doctors use the opposite approach and put you on the highest possible dose. Totaly wrong!

Follow the plan closely and you'll be very happy you did when the time to make the final jump comes.

I'll be happy to help you guys with the induction should you need the help.

Randy

Randy. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. We would be very grateful for any help you can provide through the process. We are planning on starting the induction next Sunday (if we have a 26 or above on the COWS worksheet) and plan on working and taking care of our child the following week while using this plan. Is there anything we should know about, for that first day or two, so we can be prepared for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Welcome!

If you're familiar with Robert's sub plan you are aware that it has produced 1000's of success stories. I am certainly one of them. I'll have 2 years clean on July 7th by following the plan. The both of you have only to follow the plan closely and you too can add your names to those that are now clean and enjoying life.

When Robert wrote the sub plan he had only himself as a guide as to what worked and what didn't. He left us with a plan that works as advertised. Over the years like everything else we find the basic plan can be improved a little. The structure remains the same, but the plan isn't written in stone and can be tweaked to fit individual needs.

For example, it's now known that the lower you reduce the better. I went down to .25mg then decided to go lower to .125mg before jumping. I had a near painless jump. I helped one member that was having a rough time with the 25% reductions go with 10% reductions and that made a big difference in how she was feeling. She now is clean and doing quite well. I myself found that once I was down to around 2mg it was far easier for ME to reduce by .25mg increments instead of the usual 25%. I did it soley for the ease of figuring and cutting the doses. Who knows, that may be the way it's done in the future?

As Ricky mentioned, the induction is the most critical part of sub therapy. You MUST be in moderate/severe wd's from your drug of choice and use the Cows to determine when it's SAFE to take that first dose of sub. Once you hit the 26 score needed for induction you begin by taking SMALL doses of sub every hour until stable. That part of the sub plan remains unchanged. The goal is to be on the LOWEST effective dose possible. Most sub doctors use the opposite approach and put you on the highest possible dose. Totaly wrong!

Follow the plan closely and you'll be very happy you did when the time to make the final jump comes.

I'll be happy to help you guys with the induction should you need the help.

Randy
    Randy - I've started a new thread under sub treatment as suggested.