Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
GOING COLD TURKEY...need support
    Marvathree is offline Junior Member

Questions I'm glad you are feeling great. Keep moving around and making endorphins you are probably over this. Remember I was taking 100 to sometimes 160 mg a day for at least two year. Prior to that I was at 40 a day for a year. That was as directed so I never add that to my addiction. You did awesome questions. So proud of you!

Questions11 is offline Member

Definitely going to keep moving. That's good to hear about your surgery and if that would help that would be awesome. You definitely just need to tell them about this and that you don't want to be prescribed opiates! Im not sure im through it, it's not that I feel 100% better..hoping it isn't an upswing and tomorrow I feel like >>>> but we will see as the day goes on. I'll be here to chat. The jacuzzi bath sounds awesome right about now I wish I had that!

Moving a little and slowly. Filling jacuzzi up. I don't know if this is still withdrawls or my real pain. It sucks not knowing. My underlying pain was really bad before but I don't want to judge it with this xxxx going on. I'm scheduling two more injections that I need preop. Been putting them off because taking triple doses made it bearable. The ones on my lower back got my walking again. Still hurts but I can walk and I don't have falls any more. Hoping the upper ones take some of the numbness out of my arms and I can stop dropping things lol. Oh well. I'll know what is real pain and what was just w/d soon. I cut my contacts off in a fit af anger last night via text so I couldn't get a pill if I wanted one. Got a few people really hating me noW but I jac to do it

JohnnyReb is offline New Member

Questions 11.....awesome! It's all down hill from there. The first day I was feeling better I had nagging headaches that would creep up on me. If that happens take some BC headache powder. It works and works fast.

Marv...lord have mercy. Doing this before a surgery really complicates things. Not many of us are tuff enough to endure a surgery with no pain meds after. Of course I don't know what kind of surgery so maybe you can. I know my grandpa used to pull his own teeth at home with some mechanics tools. But he was born in 1899 and one of those tuff old folks. My grandmother lived in the old house until 1981 with no electricity. Those people were just a different breed back then. Tuff as nails.

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm not to chipper this morning. I have a tooth that's been bothering me and I hate going to the dentist. I'm going to suck it up and go this week. My grandpa who would be 115 this year would probably just tell me to yank it out with a pair of pliers lol. I gladly accept he was much tuffer than I

Other than that I'm still good. No cravings. I've had a urge to drink alcohol which is odd....I haven't had a drink in 6 years. I never had a drinking problem so that doesn't worry me. I used to be a bit of a rebel rouser in my teens and early 20s though lol

I definitely will! I had headaches bad last night, I told marva. I felt awesome when I woke up, a little lingering feeling in my back (lower back is where Ive gotten pain from w/d before so I figured it would come), just dragging around, little hot little cold, but kind of feels like the day after you had the worst of a stomach bug or sickness and that usually it just gets better from here so I'm hoping that's the case! You Guys are awesome, I know I can do it and we all can do it having eachother to talk too! Staying positive over here, hope I don't have a mood swing that brings me down

Got up and feel a lot better. Johnny your pawpaw sounds like mine. Did he happen to use electrical tape for cuts instead of stitches? My hubby gashed his hand and used gorilla glue, a sick and duct tape to keep it under control. At least it was carolina Panthers duct tape lol! Thanking God for making this easier than last time. My surgery is major. They need to open vertebrae and literly pull my spinal cord out and make the opening larger and put the cord back in I will likely need pain killers in the hospital but will ask for none upon release. If it is unbearable I'll figure it out then. I self discharged from pain mgmt. they were going to increase me again. When I tried this last month I flushed two weeks of pills and hubs called and told them and they just wrote another script for a higher dose and had me see a counselor there that told me I needed this med to live a normal life and needed to accept that. I'm questioning if I was addicted or just dependant because I don't want a pill and I'm not thinking about them. I can do this and my goal is to prove them wrong. I am clear now and scheduling a few more epidurals. I couldn't afford them before because I spent 1500 a month my out of pocket injection cost on pills They take a while to work but help for a few months.

purefoyfan is offline New Member

Hello all, am on day three without Norco 10-325 which I have been on for over 20 yrs. This is not the first time I have tried to quit them.. needless to say I feel rough. Shakey, the runs can't eat, though I have been trying to eat a little each day and drink water. Been taking I'm modicum and tenor pm to sleep at night. I haven't had any Norco since early Friday and no way to get any. I have Dr. appt tomorrow and I mow I will ask him to refill. I want them and I dont,as I do not want to go through this all the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

momthatneedscourage is offline New Member

Hi Marvathree, just wondering how many days you are on? I am on day 4 and I am in the same boat. It is pure hell!! Hang in there!

I'm day three and getting much better. I go down for a while but come back up. I was min 100 mg Oxy and occasionally up to 180 a day. Did 30 the last day and jumped off tried it couple of times before but my mind is in a different place. Your mind needs to be there to do it. If it isn't there keep your appt. if u want out call and put it off a week. U will feel better tomorrow and u can do it if u want to. Keep posting. The people here rock and got me through it. My mind is so clear it is scary and I feel good enough to go to a meeting tomorrow for some more support. You can always reschedule your appt.

Oh Lord I feel like I'm dying. Probably not a good time to listen to the allman Brothers. But that is how I feel. Was great all day and just hit a bad low. Going to lay down and let it pass. Got to get better

momthatneedscourage is offline New Member

Marvathree, sorry to hear your having a rough patch. Day 4 and this morning woke up in a xanax fog, well really never woke cause not much sleeping going on. But I was feeling a bit better got up for a bit made the kids something to eat. By afternoon wham it hit me felt like poo poo and had to lay down husband took kids to play thank god!!! For me day 3 and 4 are so up and down. I really do hope this wont last much longer!!! Be strong and take care!!
    Momthatneedscourage

Hopefully it will go up soon. I feel horrible but I felt so normal just a few hours ago. This up and down xxxxx is getting to me

It has to get better for both of you, all three of us being on the same timeline. I know were all at different doses, but I don't know if i got lucky today and It could be a pain tomorrow? Or if I am moving forward! If that's the case, you're both right behind me and trust me im not going anywhere because I don't feel 100%, just not in the mindset that "the only way to fix this is to get another" because I think we're all at the point in it where we NEVER want to deal with these last 3-4 days ever again...FOR REAL this time!

Congrats questions! I think u are done and it will all be up hill. I just got really ticked at hubby for falling asleep. He had a few too many. I slammed the door and broke the bottom. He is stuck in there asleep and I cannot get in and when he wakes he will not be able to get out. My Xanax is in there. Tried to go through the window but for once I actually locked it. Lordy he is going to be po'd but at least he can't get out. I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Oh my god marva!! I don't mean to laugh, but it does kind of sound like a bad comedy! Definitely not fair of him to do that to you when he knows your feeling like >>>>, but me picturing you trying to get in through the window is what is making me laugh.

I hope you figure something out keep me posted! Don't cry, you're getting through all of this!

Lol. My dtr got in and woke him up. He got out and was laughing and slept it off. He's making me tea now. If he would only di the dishes.....I'll ask for that in a few

Wahhhhh. Gotta whine wish my eyes would stop tearing dang it. My kids keep asking why I'm crying

Hahah well good! Him doing the dishes could make up for that the teary eyes suck that happens to me too! And sneeeezing like I have allergies...I don't!!

My dtr actually has the flu hope my downswing isn't the flu. Wouldn't that just be my luck lol but crying inside

JohnnyReb is offline New Member

Hey yall. Was wondering how everyone has been doing? It kinda dropped off here and I hope it's because everyone has been doing so well that they had other things to be doing

I'm doing great here. ViCTORY! Been well over a week and I feel completely normal with no effects. I did have a emergency oral surgery to remove a tooth ache that was killing me. I had to take a few pain meds ONE day but the next day after surgery I didn't touch them nor have I thought about it. It told me I slain the dragon. If I could use a few pills when needed and drop them easily when they wasnt needed....i won.

I hope you guys are all doing ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12