Good morning! 16 days clean and never looking back!
    iwillgetthroughthis is offline New Member

Default Good morning! 16 days clean and never looking back!

Hi all! I have tried 3 times in the past year to get off pain pills, with the longest time clean being around a month or so last September. I'm tired of being broke, trying to find them and lying and sneaking around to get them. I can't say yet that I feel AWESOME, but I feel better than I have in a long time. I'm rewarding myself with a cruise in about a month, using the money I was putting up my nose every week! No one knows this demon that I'm trying to conquer. I played off the first week of w/d with a "horrible stomach bug" and I have tried to keep my emotions hidden, even though I've cried every day for 2 weeks...but I am stronger than those little devils and I will get my life back. I am determined this time! Just wanted to share and it feels good to tell someone that I'm 16 DAYS CLEAN AND IT'S WONDERFUL!

jeffro6527 is offline Member

VERY NICE!!! Well done! You are doing so fantastic!! Keep going strong I promise that in a month where you are at today will seem like a distant memory. Someone told me that when I was where you are right now and it is TOTALLY true! Everyone is so focused on being 100% normal that we don't give credit to being 75, 80, 90, 95% of that. If you got a 95% on a test would you be happy with that or obsess over the 5% you missed?

I won't say my life is perfect today, but its WAY better than I could have imagined it would be 5 months ago! Its incredibly better than it was during the 8 years I abused pills!

Keep putting in the good work and fighting the good fight. The rewards are out there in huge almost immeasurable amounts!! You will find them I promise.

Your pal,
    Jeffro

wasabisabi is offline Member

Congratulations!! You're an inspiration to many of us