Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zagor1
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Hanging by a thead
    zagor1 is offline New Member

Default Hanging by a thead

Hi. I have severe depression and anxiety that I go through forever.4 years ago I started oxyodone and it helped me until I reahed limit. I went to suboxone for 7 months and qit cold Turke as it make me feel worse.

I went back to oxy, high doses, prescribed, but there is zero high.

Obviously, suboxone has destroyed my opioid receptors.

I also take high doses of Klonopin and am a total wreck. Cannot take it anymore.

If I go to buprenorphine again what is there to expect? That drug is good only for people who are deep onto drug abuse. Maybe I am an abuser too but without euphoria.

Anyway my problem is depression and anxiety. My shrink won't try ketamine he wants me to do ECT. I cannot do that as I possibly have MS.

Any survival tips? Any tips how to get off of oxy and klonopin?

Thanks
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by zagor1 View Post
    Hi. I have severe depression and anxiety that I go through forever.4 years ago I started oxyodone and it helped me until I reahed limit. I went to suboxone for 7 months and qit cold Turke as it make me feel worse.

I also take high doses of Klonopin and am a total wreck. Cannot take it anymore.

If I go to buprenorphine again what is there to expect? That drug is good only for people who are deep onto drug abuse. Maybe I am an abuser too but without euphoria.

Anyway my problem is depression and anxiety. My shrink won't try ketamine he wants me to do ECT. I cannot do that as I possibly have MS.

Thanks
    Welcome!!

You've landed in a great spot where others will share their experience and knowledge. Can you give us a little more detail? The timeline of when you began to take the subs, the dose you took, the dose you were taking when you stopped abruptly, and when you did stop the sub is all crucial to try and determine where you are.

Subs have an incredibly long half life. As such, you wouldn't have had to be taking them for that long before it becomes a really bad idea to stop them cold turkey. They need to be very slowly tapered. They are also a very strong opiate estimated to be about 30 times stronger than morphine. Depression and anxiety are classic symptoms of withdrawal from any opiate including subs and for those of us who have walked that road we know how debilitating it can be. Added to the fact that you've had issues with that prior, I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling right now.

When you stop the subs and begin to take high doses of what you're taking now? Subs are a partial antagonist that blocks any euphoria you might get from the agonist (opiate) ingredient in the sub. Because of the long half life, and depending upon when you stopped taking the subs, they very well may still be blocking your current med.

As far as the Klonopin goes, detoxing from those takes longer and is riskier so I'd leave that alone and tackle one med at a time. What are you taking now, at what dose, and for how long?

That's a lot of questions but if you take the time to answer each of them carefully, we can most definitely offer you advice.

One last word about not feeling the high doses of opiates you are now taking. I don't think that the subs wrecked your receptors. Certainly changes occur when we take any opiate for an extended period of time. Your brain (and mine) will develop new receptors to accommodate the opiates so it takes more and more of the opiate to be effective. After a time, they simply do NOT have the same effect and probably never will again. If you were able to get completely clean of all opiates for a period of time (weeks) and you took a very normal dose of a painkiller, you would feel it. The bad news is that it would only take two or three days and you'd be right back to them being ineffective. This, I hope, explains why and how we can go from being completely blitzed the first time we take one 5mg percocet but after a time we can take doses that really ought to kill us. Remember, subs are a very strong opiate so having used them to replace what you were taking would not have reduced your tolerance.

It doesn't have to be dismal. With determination and support, you can get past this and better. Read around this Forum and you will see hundreds of people who did get clean and are living that way happy. It takes work and I won't lie--it's not easy. However, it IS possible.

I'll watch for you to respond. There's always a way out so long as you want it bad enough and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Peace,

Cat

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome!!

You've landed in a great spot where others will share their experience and knowledge. Can you give us a little more detail? The timeline of when you began to take the subs, the dose you took, the dose you were taking when you stopped abruptly, and when you did stop the sub is all crucial to try and determine where you are.

Subs have an incredibly long half life. As such, you wouldn't have had to be taking them for that long before it becomes a really bad idea to stop them cold turkey. They need to be very slowly tapered. They are also a very strong opiate estimated to be about 30 times stronger than morphine. Depression and anxiety are classic symptoms of withdrawal from any opiate including subs and for those of us who have walked that road we know how debilitating it can be. Added to the fact that you've had issues with that prior, I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling right now.

When you stop the subs and begin to take high doses of what you're taking now? Subs are a partial antagonist that blocks any euphoria you might get from the agonist (opiate) ingredient in the sub. Because of the long half life, and depending upon when you stopped taking the subs, they very well may still be blocking your current med.

As far as the Klonopin goes, detoxing from those takes longer and is riskier so I'd leave that alone and tackle one med at a time. What are you taking now, at what dose, and for how long?

That's a lot of questions but if you take the time to answer each of them carefully, we can most definitely offer you advice.

One last word about not feeling the high doses of opiates you are now taking. I don't think that the subs wrecked your receptors. Certainly changes occur when we take any opiate for an extended period of time. Your brain (and mine) will develop new receptors to accommodate the opiates so it takes more and more of the opiate to be effective. After a time, they simply do NOT have the same effect and probably never will again. If you were able to get completely clean of all opiates for a period of time (weeks) and you took a very normal dose of a painkiller, you would feel it. The bad news is that it would only take two or three days and you'd be right back to them being ineffective. This, I hope, explains why and how we can go from being completely blitzed the first time we take one 5mg percocet but after a time we can take doses that really ought to kill us. Remember, subs are a very strong opiate so having used them to replace what you were taking would not have reduced your tolerance.

It doesn't have to be dismal. With determination and support, you can get past this and better. Read around this Forum and you will see hundreds of people who did get clean and are living that way happy. It takes work and I won't lie--it's not easy. However, it IS possible.

I'll watch for you to respond. There's always a way out so long as you want it bad enough and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Peace,

Cat
    Cat, I'll post a link to zagor1's original thread below, this should give you some more info?
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...ago-74481.html
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Thanks Ricky. Not sure why I don't recall this name. Maybe I'll remember more when I go check it out.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by zagor1 View Post

Thanks
    zagor1, welcome back to the forum. I've read your other thread that you started back in February. Just so you understand, you really didn't quit the suboxone cold turkey because you started taking oxy 5 days later. You were given some great advice and information in that 1st thread so I would recommend that you go back through it again if you haven't already?

I'm very sorry to hear about your depression and anxiety, I know how awful and debilitating those things can be! Opiates (subs are an opiate too) will only help with depression in the short-term! Opiates are not the answer for your depression and/or anxiety, that I am sure of!

What country do you live in by the way? I don't think you'll find any doctor that will prescribe ketamine? You need to find a different doctor in my opinion. Have you ever been on any antidepressants before? One thing with antidepressants is a lot of times it takes trying several different ones until you find the right one that works well for you? It also can take up to 6-8 weeks for an antidepressant to work (if it works at all) so the trial and error can take some time!

I know Cat has asked you some questions as well so please update as soon as you can? Take care... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    zagor1, welcome back to the forum. I've read your other thread that you started back in February. Just so you understand, you really didn't quit the suboxone cold turkey because you started taking oxy 5 days later. You were given some great advice and information in that 1st thread so I would recommend that you go back through it again if you haven't already?

I'm very sorry to hear about your depression and anxiety, I know how awful and debilitating those things can be! Opiates (subs are an opiate too) will only help with depression in the short-term! Opiates are not the answer for your depression and/or anxiety, that I am sure of!

What country do you live in by the way? I don't think you'll find any doctor that will prescribe ketamine? You need to find a different doctor in my opinion. Have you ever been on any antidepressants before? One thing with antidepressants is a lot of times it takes trying several different ones until you find the right one that works well for you? It also can take up to 6-8 weeks for an antidepressant to work (if it works at all) so the trial and error can take some time!

I know Cat has asked you some questions as well so please update as soon as you can? Take care... God bless us all!
    Here's a direct link to your 1st thread that you started back on February 10th, 2018 -
    https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...ago-74481.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-06-2018 at 06:07 PM.