Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
Has my boyfriend relapsed?! PLEASE HELP!
    hanker is offline Junior Member

Good girl! I am so pleased with and for you.. Yeah!

This is great. And the fact that you are seeking info and talking to people, understanding what's causing his actions and your emotions is perfect. Good for you!

Feel free to give in to any rage you experience, rail that you will NEVER believe anyone ever again, etc. It's fine. BUT...this is a phase like any other. Don't think you're never gonna find an awesome dude who you know you can trust. In the future you'll be smarter. Everything will be ok.

girlwhocares is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hanker View Post
    Good girl! I am so pleased with and for you.. Yeah!

This is great. And the fact that you are seeking info and talking to people, understanding what's causing his actions and your emotions is perfect. Good for you!

Feel free to give in to any rage you experience, rail that you will NEVER believe anyone ever again, etc. It's fine. BUT...this is a phase like any other. Don't think you're never gonna find an awesome dude who you know you can trust. In the future you'll be smarter. Everything will be ok.
    Thanks Hanker....

These past few days have been a little tough because I've kept thinking I did the wrong thing by leaving him at suchis a low point in his life. And I know he probably hates me now and that hurts. I never thought he'd block my number so I could never check up on him. It's sad....I'd never have done that to him. I tried to help him....I really did. It just seemed like nothing was changing and I couldn't trust him. It was making me feel depressed and down everyday constantly having to worry and wonder. And his daily mood swings and him always belittling me was taking a toll on me mentally.

I hope I never get in another situation like this again. It's sonly sad and so heartbreaking. I feel terribly for anyone who has been through this kind of situation for years. I just hope the guilt I feel passes soon...I just feel like I abandoned someone who needed my help. But I know in my heart there was nothing I could do to change anything.

Deenie W is offline New Member

Hey girl who cares- I have to agree with everyone here, you truly did do the right thing! I'm sorry you're in such turmoil over it, I understand you love him and want the best for him. I believe this is the best for him and you. Really start thinking about your new life, very hard but you need to take care of you!! Put your thoughts on your well being. You'll get through this, may take a while, but best for you! Hang in there... stay busy...
    May God bless you! Deenie

girlwhocares is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deenie W View Post
    Hey girl who cares- I have to agree with everyone here, you truly did do the right thing! I'm sorry you're in such turmoil over it, I understand you love him and want the best for him. I believe this is the best for him and you. Really start thinking about your new life, very hard but you need to take care of you!! Put your thoughts on your well being. You'll get through this, may take a while, but best for you! Hang in there... stay busy...
    May God bless you! Deenie
    Thank you Deenie W....

In my heart I do believe it is best as well. That's just not a life I want to live that's full of lies and manipulation. The circumstances of how it ended is what hurts. I said some harsh things to him when I ended it that I've just kept inside. It just all built up but I was honest about it finally. I don't think anyone had ever just come out and told him he was an addict. I'm sure it hurt his feelings but I just couldn't let him think it was normal for him to keep talking down to me.

I know he will always probably have this anger even if he does ever end up clean. And that's really sad. Him having an angry attitude without having drugs in him was bad enough (but he was never angry towards me at first) but once the drugs were in his system, it was like jekyll and Hyde.

Deenie W is offline New Member

Hey girl who cares- sorry you're in such turmoil about your split. Although very understandable, it will get better day by day... hopefully it will wake him up... we can pray so! You hang in there!!

I stopped in July. I weaned down and then stopped. It took about a month for my withdrawal to pass, but I did it on my own without help. Itching can occur in withdrawal along with watery eyes and runny nose. It felt like the worst flu. Mine was doctor prescribed...60mg morphine twice a day, 10mg oxycodone 5 a day, plus .05 liquid morphine every 30 minutes. I'm on hospice, but decided to die on my own terms. I'm actually doing better since I quit. I know you're scaref, but why not give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks, anyhow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12