Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Having a horrible time was a pain patient for 13 year's
    needtoquit1 is offline Junior Member

Default Having a horrible time was a pain patient for 13 year's

I started withdrawing 8 days ago off of 40 mgs of methadone.The 6th day I woke up in so much pain.Iwas given Suboxone but I refused to take it due to having to double withdrawal.I ended up in detox for a couple of days.They put me on 4 mgs of Suboxone.I am so afraid I started tapering.I have heard so many horrible stories about Suboxone withdrawal that I am torn.I have been looked at as a drug addict but I feel I was dependent on my medication .I am alone now my ex-husband left me for his high school sweetheart after almost 23 years of marriage.How can I get off this fast? I am so sad and determined but I don't want another habit.I want so bad to have a social life again.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by needtoquit1 View Post
    I started withdrawing 8 days ago off of 40 mgs of methadone.The 6th day I woke up in so much pain.Iwas given Suboxone but I refused to take it due to having to double withdrawal.I ended up in detox for a couple of days.They put me on 4 mgs of Suboxone.I am so afraid I started tapering.I have heard so many horrible stories about Suboxone withdrawal that I am torn.I have been looked at as a drug addict but I feel I was dependent on my medication .I am alone now my ex-husband left me for his high school sweetheart after almost 23 years of marriage.How can I get off this fast? I am so sad and determined but I don't want another habit.I want so bad to have a social life again.

Welcome!

Here's the link to our Suboxone taper plan....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post436333

Skip down to the tapering section and follow it closely. Don't rush to get off or you'll experience severe wd's. Reduce by 25% every 4-7 days or when stable. Reduce all the way down to at least .25mg. Ask all the questions you have. We're here to help and support as many have gone through it and now have substantial clean time.

Randy
    Beefaroni7272 and needtoquit1 like this.

Thank you Randy

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thank you Randy

You're welcome. Read some of the many threads and posts here on the Need to Talk and Suboxone sections of the forums. Lots of positive stories available. Stay away from the horror stories as they are always for the same reasons....Improper use of Suboxone from the start.

Randy

Walkley822 is offline Member

You’ll be just fine if you follow the taper plan Randy suggested to you. Im currently on it and so are many people here and we are all doing fairly well and able to live our lives while tapering. Good luck! It’s definitely doable!!

Autumnhopes is offline Member

I'm so sorry needtoquit... you've been going through a lot. But you can do this. I'm on withdrawals from Nucynta & im on day 5. I've been back & forth several times.. it's a tough road to travel but I'm on it & u can definitely do it too!!
    Do you have a support system family, close relative's, close friends people that you can look to that can be someone to listen to you and talk to with and be a real support to you? That's very important my sister has been a huge support to me I've had a few issues with my husband and it has been difficult and he isn't always very understanding but my sister has been amazing and she always has listened and been a really great support to me every single time...
    Definitely look for one or two of those close family or friends to talk to and that can help you,, also keep reading over this forum because there's a lot of support to be found here and keep posting so that way people can get to know you and your story and that will be a big help to you as well because there is a lot of support here too!!

shipper is offline Junior Member

Smile me too

im 17 days clean and pain is back.only about 70-80mg vicodin a day..went to pain management today,said no more.am scheduled for a nerve block in back 2 weeks.pills were killing me.suffering paws now.think its worse than initial w.d.read the bible,pray,been to a few meeting,a.a.5 degrees here cant get out.grateful to be free this far.determined to get clean.drugs became my idol.everything else became 2nd.cant live like that.too many >>>>>> addicts got there from here.hang tough.god wont let you down.pray for help.i will pray for you.

Hey thanks for the support.I am down to a tiny little nugget on my Subutex.By morning I withdrawing pretty good.I am anxious to get off everything.I Maybe wrong but with every little withdrawal I think I am a step closer.My family is doing what they can with their own life's everyone hit rock bottom around the same time.Thanks for the support my new friends.My prayers are with you.Its kind of weird I count the days.hours,almost minutes.Mawh
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Thanks everyone my prayers are with you.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Hey thanks for the support.I am down to a tiny little nugget on my Subutex.By morning I withdrawing pretty good.I am anxious to get off everything.I Maybe wrong but with every little withdrawal I think I am a step closer.My family is doing what they can with their own life's everyone hit rock bottom around the same time.Thanks for the support my new friends.My prayers are with you.Its kind of weird I count the days.hours,almost minutes.Mawh

It's like that in the beginning... The days seem to crawl by it seems never ending but as time goes on all of that will just slip by and you'll find the days going by quicker and life picking up as you get by the withdrawals and life gets more and more enjoyable the sun comes out inside your heart.... <3
    that's what I found for myself after about a week or so after that it just gets better and better!!

Wavision is offline Member

Hey needtoquit, just stopping in to let you know you are not alone. Myself and several others are currently going through the tapering process as we speak.

It seems like you are going through some tough times right now, which won't make this easier.....but, try to look at it like you are starting a new life and in just a few weeks you will be feeling great and begin to start living that new life. A few weeks of blah for a lifetime of being free. Just follow the taper plan provided. You will be back on your feet in no time.

I have a thread here in the suboxone sub forum, so I will keep up with how you're doing.

Addictionhurts1 is offline New Member

Good luck to you and you are better off without your x!!! You seem like a very strong woman and you can lean on God for help during the tough times. He will be there and support from family and/or friends is soooo important!!! Keep posting how your doing and some of us will try to keep you motivated as well. This is a good group of people for the most part and try to help all we can. We need each other or we wouldn’t be here

Day 13 off methadone and day four off Suboxone.Having weird symptoms aches are normal but I feel like I wish I could crawl out of my skin Had some spasms in my woo.I was crying ow I hate you methadone.I want to get out of my contract with Suboxone Doctor.How to do that without a mark against me I do not know.I broke out with a Tash and been taking my clanapam.Oldrr prescription.When does this stop my life's on hold I am missetable.What do I do?
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Day 13 off methadone and day four off Suboxone.Having weird symptoms aches are normal but I feel like I wish I could crawl out of my skin Had some spasms in my woo.I was crying ow I hate you methadone.I want to get out of my contract with Suboxone Doctor.How to do that without a mark against me I do not know.I broke out with a Tash and been taking my clanapam.Oldrr prescription.When does this stop my life's on hold I am missetable.What do I do?
    Welcome!

I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. May I ask you to clear things up for me? I understand that you jumped from methadone at 40mg/day, went to detox for a couple of days where they gave you subs but you've now stopped those too. So far is that right? I don't see anywhere where you told us how much sub you took per day, how many days did you take sub and what your daily dose was when you stopped.

My two cents is that you are at a cross road here. 40mg of methadone is a huge dose to jump off of and I'm sorry to say that if you decide to tough this out, you've got a ways to go before you begin to feel better. Methadone is a beast! I don't think that having been on the subs has created much if any problem especially because you made the switch from methadone. So, I think your decision is to stick this out, ride out the storm and treat your symptoms as best you can. The other choice would be to get on the subs and do a proper taper. Ignore the horror stories you've read. As Randy pointed out, people who have trouble are those who induct incorrectly at high doses or don't stick to the taper protocol. I think now that you've got almost two full weeks without having taken the methadone, that you might be better off to induct the subs again using the method in Robert's Plan taking very small doses until you are stable. That would be key...to begin at the very lowest effective dose. Because you are still detoxing from the methadone, you might stay at that induction dose for around a week and then try to begin to reduce as per the Plan and depending upon how you're doing then. Things may be delayed until the methadone is gone from your system but once that has happened and you've become stable on the subs, you will hopefully only be a few weeks away from being able to jump from the subs and the detox from the methadone will become much more manageable now. What do you think?

I'll watch to see if you've posted to answer the question I made about the amount of sub you were taking when you stopped several days ago and to see what you think of what I suggested. By the way, on those days that you were taking the sub, did you feel better? How much better?

Best wishes. Be sure to hang around here often and keep reading!

Peace,

Cat

This is a beast.At one time I took 90 mg of methadone.10 mgs of oxycodone 3 times a day and was aloud soma.The new 100 mg. equivalently of morphine per person came.They took me down to 40 mgs.and allowed me to keep my oxycodone break through.It was bad so I decided to come off.I tapered down to 10 mg in a week not considering the half life plus was tapering off of oxycodone.I freaked on the 6th day because Suboxone put me in to harder withdraw so I feared it.In detox they were trying to give me 40 mgs a twice a days when I found out.I took half for two days I hated how I felt and was getting a rash so I tapered off of that.I am in pain everyday and some symptoms are odd.I cry I pray. and life is on hold this is wicked and depressing.I keep hoping it ends get a little better.Thank you so much friends.

I also am having a symptom like a sound of Cha Cha Cha in my ears rather then ringing.I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this but It took everything I had to dye my hair well after that I ended up with spasms in my vagina.Yes can you believe that it lasted for about 15 minutes I was crying saying ow I hate you methadone.My neighbors what they must think .lol I get spasms in my arms and shoulders then it moves down then up and repeats it self.This is a evil drug but I am real good at taking them but not good with out them.I found a study that 83 percent of woman 50 to 60 get groin and pelvic pain with methadone.and 16 percent of men go figure I am one of them .I could not figure it out.I constantly had UTS.I became amuned to most antibiotics..I have not had one since I quit but I am horrified that it would happen with SEX.DANG

Cyp26 enzyme study help me understand.Not a pharmacist nor rocket science,jest G.E.D LOl

They should have put a swastika on a Methadone Symptoms: spasms, vomiting, diarrhea,wanting just one more, starvation,chills , sneezing thoughts like I will just take all the drug and get it over,Now taking multiple drugs,some form of deminta,making bad chooses, Uncontrollable sobbing,Making moaning noises,sweating,pleading with God,spasms in places you should not like crotch, spontaneous orgasms maniac tendencies, can't take care of yourself, glutton, Not wanting anyone to see you.Feeling possessed. doing things against the law such as smoking Marijuana. I.say Nazis dang drug.News flash War on drugs I think Germany Won.They planted the drug knowing the Americans would compasate it and use it.They didn't even take it knowing it was addictive.Operation plantation do fa mean sulphate number 1 lol I had to write this
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

They should of named it Histheirs
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-24-2018 at 11:01 PM.

They should called it Histheirs

Wavision is offline Member

Hang in there. Things are tough right now, but these symptoms won't last forever.

Have you considered cat's advice above?

Hey cat I appreciate your post I am so afraid that if I do Suboxone I will start over my process again and also I can't handle more withdrawal.you are right though this is a monster here it was a high dose.Mawh

If so did decide to try the Suboxone plan what link.Or how to If its this much worse.I will consider.Is it true methadone withdrawal can last 3 months

Ok I am really consider again.Thak you so much Big hugs
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Ok I am really consider again.Thak you so much Big hugs
    Good Morning.

Yes. I'm afraid that detoxing from methadone is a long and painful process. This is exactly why I suggested you use the Sub Taper Plan that's been used here very successfully for years. I most totally understand that you don't want to lose all the work you've done to this point but you've got a long way to go so it just makes sense to make this as easy as possible for youself.

No doubt about it, subs also have a long half life and if the Plan isn't followed carefully, you'll be opening a new can of worms. Having said this, if you induct correctly and follow the Plan carefully you at least will be able to be comfortable and begin to get on with your life. One huge difference is that the Sub Taper won't take as long as if you had decided to taper off the methadone. There are plenty of people who have been here who switched from methadone to Subs to do their final taper and I strongly encourage you to do the same. Under other circumstances, I am a strong advocate of cold turkey but that most definitely isn't the case with methadone OR Subs.

Find and read the Sub Taper Plan carefully. The first very important thing is to induct properly. You've haven't dosed with the methadone for some time now so you don't need to bother with the COWS. You would begin by taking a small dose of Sub. In your case, I might start with a 1mg piece and wait an hour to see how you feel. If you still aren't stable (essentially symptom free) then begin to take .25mg (1/4) of a mg of the Sub once an hour until you are symptom free. Keep careful track of how much you have taken in total because that will be your initial dose. Continue taking that same dose everyday for a week and if you are still doing well, you can begin your reductions. If you still aren't completely stable (and that might happen coming from methadone) then stay at that dose until you are completely stable. Whatever your dose ends up being, you can split it in half and take one dose in the morning and the other 8-10 hours later. Once you get down to 1mg/day, it'll be time to begin to dose only once a day but don't worry about that right now. There are valid reasons to begin your Sub Taper by beginning with those small doses. With Sub, less is more unlike most any other opiate. If you take too much, you won't feel as well as you can. Another reason is that the lower Sub dose you begin with, the sooner you'll be done. High doses of Sub is not only completely unnecessary but you'll just feel better on the lowest possible dose.

Ask questions. There are plenty of folks around here who can and will guide you through this. I just think that doing this is the right thing to do. There is absolutely no sense in putting yourself through cold turkey methadone withdrawals when you have another option. So long as you follow the plan and taper down to a very low daily dose (1/4mg/day or less) and then do a few skip days, your landing will be much softer. Nothing like what you are putting yourself through now.

Post, post, post!!! Ask questions.

Peace,

Cat
    needtoquit1 likes this.

So as determined as I am I did not take a Sub.I am fighting my demons.Had a hard two day withdrawal.They come like labor pains in your body.One minute I am and doing fine the next I'm not.Right now I feel a little bit better.We.all know it comes like a Robber is the night.I was listening to songs to day and found one that hit me like a ton of brickss.Its Heart of the matter.eagles It's like a big dark cloud was over me.I went to survival mode for awhile. too much happened.But thanks all I am hanging in there.and like my time with Maryjane.Mawh Thanx

Well today is the nineteen day.I started withdrawing pretty bad the night before last night peaked and was real bad .I was arching my back moving and kicking all night.This morning is much better.The thing with it though is you don't know if another one will be coming.Hopefully I am close.This is one of the hardest things I have done.It take a lot of will,soul searching and confidence that soon it will pass.Thsnks so very much for being there.I don't feel alone in thi

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Hi needtoquit. I just wanted to reach out and let u know u aren’t alone. I also have pain issues but have also been in and out &in &out of recovery. They say the def of insanity is doing the same thing over &over expecting different results (Insane Jane). I have a thread here as well. Very conflicted right now but I’m pretty sure God brought me to this forum. I detoxed of methadone cold turkey in jail. I had a lot of your symptoms. The worst were the bone aches - I would lay in my bed and kick my legs against the wall (I was in the medical ward - I think they wd give me 2 Tylenol every few hrs. Nice, huh? I still remember it though it was decades ago. My point is, it lasted 2-3 wks. Then just insomnia after that. When they sent me back to general pop I was ok cept for what seemed liked wks of no sleep. We had these showers in the back on the wall & I wd push them on coz it sounded like rain which at least helped me relax. One day this woman named Judy approached me (My moms name was Judy & I’d lost her 2 yrs prior to cancer - so I took notice.) She asked me if I’d ever tried prayer. I told her no. She asked me if I’d like to and so I prayed with her. I slept that night.
    You CAN do this. Get some vitamins (there’s detox specific- you’ll have to research it). Melatonin. Drink lots of water. Stick with Randy’s taper plan. Ask whatever God u believe in for help and keep posting. You got this!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-26-2018 at 03:32 PM.

InsaneJane is offline New Member

Me again. Roberts taper plan not randy! God my brain is like mush. Ugggh.

Hi thought I would give you an update.Day 21 I am still having muscle tightness,chills, sneezing,and body get hot.I haven't been having, panic attacks, anxiety,. Never did vomit.I go through hunger spells.also sleeping is hard but I slept about four hours.been up days at a time.Some symptoms still there but for the most part the symptoms are easing.3 week is along time but still determined.I hope everyone is okay and how are you doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast