Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
Help!!
    Juniper94 is offline Junior Member

Didn't mean to double comment, I didn't see my post updated until now. Thank you Lvg, I'm just taking it one hour at a time right now, have a hunch this anxious feeling/muscle aches is from the amount of xanax I consumed to get through the methadone w/d. A small price paid to the piper compared to the full effects of methadone w/d however I read everywhere that short term benzo users will feel better after about a week so I'm almost there. We're all in this together !!!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

One minute one hour One day at a time..all we got... keep it up... Stay Strong for Today..

I cannot believe I am saying this but day 18 no methadone!!!!! Day 11 no pot, and day 6 no xanax!! With each other that passes my brain, body, and soul return back to normal. The anxious feeling is starting to subside and I'm learning how to deal with life on life's terms again. I can honestly say there is no turing back, and I have really surprised myself without the pot. The methadone is crippling so it was easy to give up, and the xanax was simply to relieve w/d symptoms. But the pot has always been there for me through good, bad, ups, downs, and you name it, I had my pipe. But I've come to realize it held me back more that I imagined. And I'm thankful today that I can function normally in society. Hope yall are doing well, hang in there we got this together!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Anonymous Guest

You're up early today! You know pot was something that I've always had access to, but never liked? Oh the irony! Lol! I just always saw how it made my stepdad lay around like a potatoe and it never appealed to me! Give me a pill and we are off to the races! Ha! I like to go go go!

Did you find the done to be a sedating affect on your body? I hear people talking about spending years on the couch during its grip, so i always wondered!
    Can't believe you are about to hit the 21 day mark!! Simply amazing! One day, one hour, one minute....it starts adding up!!

Well done ! Keep it up mama!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Day 19 no methadone, day 12 no pot!!! I had a very scary panic attack yesterday which was weird because all of my symptoms have subsided. I received horrible news yesterday which sent me into full out panic. I fought it for about an hour but was so scared I couldn't leave my couch. I ended up taking .125mg of the xanax. Not too worried about it though because I had 7 days since my last dose (also .125mg). That's even smaller than the lowest recommended dosage. It's been about 12 hours since I dosed the xanax and I feel no negative set backs from the dosing. Honestly I'm thanking god that I had some in the medicine cabinet. I will keep you guys updated as the day goes on but I don't anticipate symptoms resurfacing from such a minimal dose, especially after a 7 day break. What are your thoughts? I'm just happy I haven't caved on the methadone or pot. Those two are the ones I want to keep out of my life forever. Again I've never taken xanax to get high, strictly for panic attacks or for opiate w/d. Hope yall are doing well!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hello! Nailing it!! So...maybe I'm going to get some flack for this, but I don't see you taking a Xanax when you have a panic attack as a set back! This whole forum is about addiction! That particular pill is a tool for you, not a vice or addiction, am I right?!

Some folks are pretty strict about taking any substance after you reach sobriety. My mom, who has been sober for 20 years(alcohol), takes .25 Xanax to sleep at night. She never discusses it at AA because she knows they will have a huge problem with it.

I travel internationally a lot, and you better believe I am taking one of those Xanax as prescribed, lest I pry that door open at 30,000 feet and fly away. It's never been an issue for me, I hate being sedated, so I just take enough with me for each leg of the flight.

If you were a benzo person, yeah...this would be a problem. You're not. Panic attacks are no joke. I've seen them and experienced them. They are acute in their onset and you are powerless. It's Awful!

You know what addict behavior is like, right?! Just keep yourself in check, and if you find that maybe you are taking them to have an altered reality, then...yeah...time to flush them. As for now, I think you are good!

All the best! Have a great weekend!!

Btw...went to a concert last night and had a blast. Didn't take my nightly dose and totally forgot! I had fun all on my own! Just me!! As I taper more, I feel myself returning. So cool!!

Just an update! I've lost count of how long I've been clean, but still have not indulged in the Done, pot, or xanax. At this point I feel pretty much completely normal. Still get some chills now and then and my dreams have been intensely vivid and real. But I am sleeping, eating, and functioning at near 100% again. Overall the experience was horrible and I strongly recommend nobody ever use methadone unless you strongly feel it's the ONLY way to quit IV narcotics. Also detoxing from 3 different drugs at the same time probably wasn't smart but I wanted release from all of my vices. Another day clean, sober, and happy!!

So I hadn't smoked any Jane in 60 days, but got a little tipsy last night and stupidly smoked 7-8 drags of a blunt. (Still clean from everything else, Yay!) I have a urine test in December. My question is I should he fine to pass right? I know for a fact I won't touch it again. I'm about 5'10 130lbs very active. Already only drink water or sports drinks ocassionally. Will 1 mess up in 60 days really still be testable in December? I made abother thread for this but posted here too. Any anxiety relief would help thanks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12