HELP!! Addicted to 16mg of xanax
    Jswears33 is offline New Member

Default HELP!! Addicted to 16mg of xanax

It's been about 4 full years of using them. It started with 2-4mgs a day and I liked the feeling on em and the not caring.because I am diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and insomnia so xanax was like an amazing fit 4 years down the road I'm doing 16mg not even feeling it and I need to quit. I always obtained them from the street no doc. The doc gave me busbar and elavil so I did it my way. I need to quit I have Medicaid but no doc. My doc left her practice and they never gave me a replacement. I have no more pills or money for more. Please help I'm afraid of what's coming tomorrow is my1st day without. Every place I called told me to go into emergency. Idk what to do since i got them from the street Nd not a doc. That the hospital won't help. Please reply quickly i need it

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jswears33 View Post
    It's been about 4 full years of using them. It started with 2-4mgs a day and I liked the feeling on em and the not caring.because I am diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and insomnia so xanax was like an amazing fit 4 years down the road I'm doing 16mg not even feeling it and I need to quit. I always obtained them from the street no doc. The doc gave me busbar and elavil so I did it my way. I need to quit I have Medicaid but no doc. My doc left her practice and they never gave me a replacement. I have no more pills or money for more. Please help I'm afraid of what's coming tomorrow is my1st day without. Every place I called told me to go into emergency. Idk what to do since i got them from the street Nd not a doc. That the hospital won't help. Please reply quickly i need it
    You CANNOT quit Xanax cold turkey especially from 16mg/day!!! You need to get back on the Xanax right away! Find a way? You must slowly taper at the rate of 5-10% every 5-7days! In your case I would suggest going even slower than that!

When you stop taking Xanax cold turkey you increase the risk of negative withdrawal symptoms that can negatively impact your health. Not only can you experience extreme cold and flu-like symptoms, you will can also run the risk of going into a coma, seizures, and high blood pressure. These ricks can damage your body and land you in the hospital if you’re not careful.

Here's a list of very possible and dangerous withdrawal symptoms from stopping Xanax abruptly -
    -convulsions
    -cramps
    -depression
    -diarrhea
    -fatigue
    -headaches
    -high blood pressure
    -mania
    -mood swings
    -psychosis
    -restlessness
    -seizures
    -spasms
    -vomiting

Additionally, Xanax works on the chemistry in your brain that controls mood functioning. You may also experience rebound anxiety and with greater intensity. You can also become depressed and have suicidal thoughts which can further lead you to accidents of self-harm. When you stop Xanax cold turkey you also increase instances of relapse in order to control the severity of withdrawal.

Update when you can? God bless us all!

Jswears33 is offline New Member

Thank you for your reply. I know I have been told this a lot. But how am I to get more. I was told to go into the emergency but what is it that they can do for me?

Reeray is offline Member

You will need to go to the ER. They will give you Valium or Klonopin which both have a much longer Half-Life and are easier to taper from. If you are on Medicaid see a psychiatrist who can assist you with treatment and/or taper. Please do not try to do this without help.