Help addiction to codeine tablets
    eyesmegan is offline New Member

Default Help addiction to codeine tablets

I need help getting off codeine tablets and I tried cold turkey and it was so hard as I am single mum and really can't be sick

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

How much codeine to you take each day? Generally, you end up with 3-5 days of w/d going cold turkey. There are supplements you can find on The Thomas Recipe that will help. Your only other choice is to taper and you need discipline to do that, it can be done though. Any type of opiate supplement therapy such as suboxone is way to strong: it would be like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer.

Peace,

Iloerose

eyesmegan is offline New Member

hi iloerose, thanks for reply I am taking 30 x12-15mg codeine a day as it depends what tablets I get from chemist, I have been addicted a good 10 years but have stopped a few times but always seem to get back on them! Its just so frustrating as I know it wont be hard but I am scared as I tried and all night I had rLS and went straight to chemist in morning. I was looking at suboxone to help but follow taper plan I have read which is take lowest dose to stabalise me which I think would be max 2mg and thake it down 20% every four days until its stable and then when I am down to .25 have every second day and do that no longer than 3 weeks.

MangoDenmark is offline Banned

Hi EyesMegan,

I hope U see my post.

I like to ask you for how long time you where off codeine, before u start to reuse ? And did the reuse ease your symptoms ?

I'm asking because i self stopped Codeine 300 mg a day, CT 15 days ago, and actually the first 7 days was not so hard, but OMG after 10 days, i have extreme restless legs, anxiaty and so on.

My Question to You - can i ease all of these very very bads symptoms by starting again ? And then go slowly to 0 with tapering ? Im afraid that this cold turkey is a mistake, and that i will have to depend on anxiaty medicine for a long period

Hope You will find the time to answer me, about if you regained control over WD symptoms by starting again ?

Cheers
    Michael

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Oh Megan,

Don't start again. You will have wasted a precious 10 days to begin back at Day 1. Big mistake. Hang tough. You are almost out of the woods. I had bad restless leg too. There are a couple of things that you can take that really work wonders for that. I'm in the US, are you in Denmark? Here, there is an over the counter supplement called "Hylands" that will help the legs tremendously. There is also a prescribed medication that your doctor can help with. There are folks that suffer from that even though they are not in detox, so if you don't want to share with your doctor, you can just describe your how your legs feel and he/she may be able to give you something. It's best that you're honest with your doctor but if you're not quite up to that, please at least ask to be sure that you're not being prescribed something with a narcotic in it or anything addictive. There are options to treat your symptoms without relapsing and that's exactly what you want to do. Walking helped me a lot too. Try anything except to take another narcotic. DO NOT GO BACK...that would be a huge mistake.

Peace,

Cat

PS Start your own thread on the Home Page of the "Need to Talk" Forum so that others can respond directly to you. Otherwise, it's difficult to find folks when they post.

Ilovemtndogs7 is offline Advanced Member

Megan, I just want to echo Cat's advice. Going back will make you feel so angry with yourself, plus you will have to start all over. Hang Tough-it does get better. Hugs. Miss Dogs.