Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By dsh12345
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
Help mr
    ROSES8 is offline Junior Member

Default Help mr

I have been addicted to pain killers for 10 years. I wanna stop right now. Please help me.

I keeo thinking of when my next refill is. Im always out. I lost all of my family. There is only one person here for me. Thank god he has not left me yet. My mom was addicted too and I hated it when I saw her addicted. I never did pills when she was alive. It well after she passed away. My brother and sister dont take pills at all. Its just me. I have no energy for anything. The only time I want to do things around the house or even talk to people on the phone I have to take pills. This is the worst I have ever been. Its funny when all the people around you dont want to have anything to do with you anymore when you have a problem like me. Its so hard. Please help me.

Please help me with any info so I can can stop taking the pills.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROSES8 View Post
    Please help me with any info so I can can stop taking the pills.
    Rose - Welcome to the forum. Please leave a complete history of your drug use? What meds are you taking? How much per day? Have you quit before by way of tapering or cold turkey? Why did you start taking pain meds? The more information you can provide the better?

Be patient, you will get lots of great advice and support soon. In the meantime you can take a look at the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal, the benzo part of the recipe is not recommended unless you are already prescribed them! Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

I'll be back on the forums tonight, I will make sure to check in on your thread for an update? Hang in there... God bless us all!
    ROSES8 likes this.

Its any kind of pain killer. Tramadol. Hydrodone

I have Lupus. That is reason I am on them. I dont want to be on them anymore. No more. Please help me.

I need help with a actual person not a website.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Well, either 1) Go cold turkey and take some clonidine or look up the Thomas recipe if you can to help with the withdrawal. That's the link above that you refused to look at because you are expecting and demanding a stranger to give you personal help.

2) Or, if you wanna try a suboxone taper and have access to that, that is also an option.

3) Or, if you are taking a lot of pain killers every single day, and wanna cold turkey, another option if you have the discipline is to taper yourself down to as low a dose as possible like 20-50mg oxycodone equivalent and jump cold turkey from there.

That's basically your options.

Either way, it's gonna be the fight of your life. You have to prepare yourself for that.

As you say, you've gotten dependent on them, find that only on them can you get energy/motivation to get around the house.

If you stop suddenly, it will be like 4-6 days of acute withdrawal which will be over and you will feel a lot better, but then after that it is 3-4 weeks of gradually getting your energy/sleep/motivation back.... retraining your brain to live and enjoy life without opiates, etc. The part after the acute withdrawal is probably the hardest part... getting your energy/motivation/sleep back takes a couple weeks maybe even longer.... but the acute withdrawal will only last a couple days.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-14-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you. You are right with everything you mentioned, but the main key I am seeing is that I need WILL POWER. Its mind over matter and thats the problem I am dealing with.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Roses8, welcome.Your first step is admitting you have a problem.Good for you admitting that to yourself. You have to really want this for yourself. It's a fight for your Life.. Are you worth it. Everyone one on this forum has or is going on the same journey, to be clean and sober. You will receive alot of support and guidance here,no judgement.. I am over 5months free of drugs. I to was scared of quitting my doc,we all feel that way. But the feeling I have today, happy love life again, happy with myself, the best Life decision I have ever made. The other option as my tolerance,habit got larger,abuse for many years, I felt broken,beat down ultimately would have lead to my death. So with that said,yes strength and willpower to take back your life. We are here for you.Be strong...

Quote Originally Posted by dsh12345 View Post
    Well, either 1) Go cold turkey and take some clonidine or look up the Thomas recipe if you can to help with the withdrawal. That's the link above that you refused to look at because you are expecting and demanding a stranger to give you personal help.

2) Or, if you wanna try a suboxone taper and have access to that, that is also an option.

3) Or, if you are taking a lot of pain killers every single day, and wanna cold turkey, another option if you have the discipline is to taper yourself down to as low a dose as possible like 20-50mg oxycodone equivalent and jump cold turkey from there.

That's basically your options.

Either way, it's gonna be the fight of your life. You have to prepare yourself for that.

As you say, you've gotten dependent on them, find that only on them can you get energy/motivation to get around the house.

If you stop suddenly, it will be like 4-6 days of acute withdrawal which will be over and you will feel a lot better, but then after that it is 3-4 weeks of gradually getting your energy/sleep/motivation back.... retraining your brain to live and enjoy life without opiates, etc. The part after the acute withdrawal is probably the hardest part... getting your energy/motivation/sleep back takes a couple weeks maybe even longer.... but the acute withdrawal will only last a couple days.
    Nevermind DSH, I found Roses thread as you can see!

Quote Originally Posted by ROSES8 View Post
    I keeo thinking of when my next refill is. Im always out. I lost all of my family. There is only one person here for me. Thank god he has not left me yet. My mom was addicted too and I hated it when I saw her addicted. I never did pills when she was alive. It well after she passed away. My brother and sister dont take pills at all. Its just me. I have no energy for anything. The only time I want to do things around the house or even talk to people on the phone I have to take pills. This is the worst I have ever been. Its funny when all the people around you dont want to have anything to do with you anymore when you have a problem like me. Its so hard. Please help me.
    Rose, Ricky is a veteran member here and his post should not go unnoticed. Along with DSH's post. You have to give more information on your problem. From our understanding so far you've been taking tramadol and hydrocodone for 10 years. That's a start, but not enough. We need to know how much you've been doing daily, what your plan of action is, congratulations on taking the first step to clean, which is admitting the problem and searching for help. While you can't get a live person here; you can get many members to support you through your thread so long as you keep posting, providing udpates and most importantly being honest and upfront and not to us, but to yourself. You owe it to YOU. You won't be hurting anyone here except yourself. You are at the right time now where honesty is the best policy. Let us know how we can support you as best we can. Hang in there, it gets easier! I am now 4 days clean coming off 100-150 vicodin a day. If I didnt use suboxone, I wouldn't have survived cold turkey. That wasn't an option for me. It might be for you, but again, we won't know until you provide more information! Good luck, hang tight, you'll make it; God Bless

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Rose ..
    go to a NA or AA meeting ..
    basically the same.
    There you will get face to face support..
    call their hotline someone will talk to you ..

Bette

Google NA or AA in your city
    Get their 24/7 phone number!

I answer the phones for AA in my city always someone there ..
    People like us call all the time..

There is help!
    There is hope!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-14-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Welcome Rose! Have some faith, many people have faced what you're facing and gotten better. It can take a bit of strength to get through it and onto a better life, which is where other people can help, even if it's just talking and listening.

You've reached out. Folks are reaching back! Hang in there. I know it's tough. My days without drugs are challenging, but withdrawal was painful. I just kept the faith it'd get better and it did.

It might help to visit a doctor and explain things to them too, to try to get some help. If you can tolerate clonidine it can help with withdrawal. Imodium as well. There are things to help get through it.

Once through withdrawal things start to improve. It may be tempting to use again, for a variety of reasons, but try to remember what brought you here, and if you really want to go through it again and again.

You can do this! You'll get your life back.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

How much are you using a day?

If you are taking, for example, 100mg of vicodin a day, again the options are:

1. Cold turkey and just stop. Use the Thomas recipe, get some clonidine if you can. It will be 3-5 days of feeling very bad, but then after that you will feel significantly better and those symptoms from those days will go away, but then there will likely be another 2-3 week period where maybe just lying in bed you feel fine, but otherwise feel very tired/poor mood/poor motivation/poor sleep... that will slowly come back over 2-3 weeks and by week4 you should be feeling pretty darn good.

2. Switch from the pills to suboxone. You will likely need to find a suboxone doctor. If you want to go this route, there is a plan called the Robert plan at the top of the suboxone forum. Read that, get educated, and there are tons of ppl here to help in the suboxone forum.

3. Taper down to as low as possible on vicodin... and then cold turkey. Again, for example, if you are on 100mg of vicodin a day.... take 90mg for 2-3 days, then 80mg then 70... then etc... and then decide on a dose to just jump and get off. This takes a lot of mental fortitude and discipline to stay on schedule with a taper like this. How fast you go, how long you stay at each dose, etc will be determined by you and your body and how you feel..... what I said there was just a loose guide. However, be aware, at some point you will have to jump and pay the piper. There is no such thing as tapering all the way down to 1mg and then off and feel completely fine. Jumping from 20mg or less would be ideal. 50mg or less not as ideal but still very very do-able.

Doing it with a taper this way will lessen the acute WD symptoms and shorten the time your body needs to recover.

Again, those are basically your options. Remember, this is not rocket science..... in order to get off opiates..... you have to stop taking opiates. Either just stop, or take less and less and then stop. Suboxone.... that's another story and we can help you with that if you want to go that route but likely you will need to find and make an appt with a suboxone doctor. At times, it seems like you are desperately reaching out for someone to tell you a magic cure or a magic fix. There is no magic fix. If there was, we all wouldn't be here fighting this struggle.. it would just be easy to just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Rose ..
    go to a NA or AA meeting ..
    basically the same.
    There you will get face to face support..
    call their hotline someone will talk to you ..

Bette

Google NA or AA in your city
    Get their 24/7 phone number!

I answer the phones for AA in my city always someone there ..
    People like us call all the time..

There is help!
    There is hope!
    Great advice Bette! I agree, someone is always out there to help, Rose! By the way, haven't seen you post in 3 days, how are you doing? Feeling? Holding up? Let us know, post as often as possible Or as you like! Good luck and God Bless