Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree62Likes
Help! Need to get off vicodin and induct subs quickly, I want off!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsh12345 View Post
    My post got flagged for moderator review, probably because it had an outside link, so I am reposting with the link removed

Last thing I wanna add.... for wahtever reason it seems like week 2 mark on subs is a common place for ppl to relapse and "test the power of the subs to block full opiates". I guess there's like a 2 week honeymoon period, and then thoughts of opioids and waxing nostalgic start catching up, and repeated attempts to justify it finally squeak through the mental barrier you try to place on it. The problem with this happening during a taper such as this, is that you might be on lower dose subs which don't fully block the power of full opiates like an 8mg./day or 16mg/day regimen would have. I did research on this myself, at 2mg/day doses your receptors are only about 50% covered with sub at this point, whereas at like 8mg/day doses it is like 95% coverage, and at like 16mg it is 99% coverage. So again, whatever it is worth, at least half of your receptors were protected by some subs when they were exposed to vicodin... which again is probably why you felt the high but also didn't crash and have WD's afterwards... teh subs were still there locked to half ur receptors holding them down and quenching your brain's opioid needs. Don't fret about 2mg doses only covering half your receptors. Leaving them empty is the only way your brain will get rid of them and heal, so that is definitely a good thing for the time being.

If you google the NAABT website for buprenorphine advocacy, and you click on the page titled "what is treatment like?" you will get a little timeframe list that includes this, which you can see right at week 2:

"Week 2
    You may be experiencing the “honeymoon” stage of your recovery. You will have a sense of hopefulness because you feel like you are in control and all is well again.

Do not become so comfortable that you become lax in your routine of medication administration. Take your Buprenorphine in the fully prescribed dose at the same time every day unless your doctor has instructed you otherwise.

This is often the week some patients test the blocking effect of the Buprenorphine."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I guess, my point is this isn't uncommon, and it happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. The important things are again, you realized the problem, flushed the supply, and you have a move coming in that will benefit this process immensely if there's no easy way to access supply cross country. Hang in there, rooting for you.
    No worries dsh! Thanks for pasting instead

Totally makes sense and kind of relates to my situation at hand, except I wasn't trying to test the blockage, matter of fact that didn't even cross my mind, but it's funny you mentioned that. This is where will power has to come in to play and be assertive! If people who are tapering down off subs are at a low dose and know they can "test/relapse", because the subs possibly won't block them, then I totally can see people "testing" the limits.

Even more so now it makes sense why I went through what I did, i was only partially high and didn't experience (if you will) the full high. Matter of fact, I am so damn grateful and thankful I didn't and for the subs still actively covering 50% +/- of my receptors so as to not allow for me to experience the euphoria, because looking back at yesterday's relapse, if I did get the full high, I firmly believe I would've gone through a full blown relapse.... It also sounds similar where I also felt in control since I was on such a low dosage, even though I mentioned I didn't relapse based off the fact that others may try to "test" the blocking effects of subs, and mine was a relapse based off something completely different.

As you mentioned, I am going to take your advice and not beat myself over it. I can't let it get to me or bother me, I have to just move on and stick to the plan of being clean and maintaining sobriety! You said it best; this move is going to make it all the more worth while on my journey! God bless all of us, and especially you dsh. I guess you can say we've been through alot together this past few weeks my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hey hopingtobeclean, "Kind of person that carries it through to the end". Addiction a Chronic Life Long Diease.. Life long. Never let that little devil whispers in your ear, temptation ugh.. Live for today.. I was there two weeks ago, bargaining with Myself you can just take one and feel better, no I'm an addict with no self control... Proud of You. Stay Strong...here for you..
    Agreed LVG! That is me, the kind of person who carries it through the end. Life long disease is an understatement. It's a freaking curse on us. But hey, we have no one to blame but ourselves right? We got ourselves into this mess.....and only we can pull ourselves out; given you have the right tools! Subs, this forum, and various other options! The devil was shot off my left shoulder this morning. He is not welcomed and is never coming back!! I've now made my left shoulder available to the people here that need it most!

What happened to you two weeks ago my friend? How are you doing and holding up? I have been so busy with my move (and now this stupid relapse) that I feel like a terrible friend and supporter. I haven't had a chance to check on you and your status. I am going to do so shortly here and update myself on your thread my friend. I am proud of you as well, and am here for you, whenever you need! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by dsh12345 View Post
    If you never stopped the subs at any point, and this was a one day one time thing, you are probably safe to resume the subs, because like I said you always had a big buildup in your system protecting you (2mg/day doses = approx 6mg blood levels total from previous days' doses). You could probably continue to take daily sub without issue without interruption, but you never know. I guess it can't hurt to be on the safe side, skip a day, and restart tomorrow. After all, the induction typically only takes 24 hours anyways, so 24 hours from your last vicodin use should be safe.
    No, I didn't take my 2nd dose yesterday because I relapsed. I didn't take anything today (i flushed the remainder vics after I popped 10) and didn't want to chance taking the subs at all today. But my vicodin dose was last night/morning at 2am. i am thinking of skipping tomorrow's morning dose just to be on the safe side, I don't need precipitated wds not to mention in my current position that's a no-can do! I need all the energy I can get for unpacking! Lol. I guess it's safe to say i can resume with tomorrow's afternoon dose? What are your thoughts dsh? This isn't something that requires me to score on COWS, rather just waiting alittle over 24 hours. I mean, I dont think i should even experience wds to say the least as it wasn't a typical habit dose I took, rather 1/10 of what I would do on a daily basis....open to thoughts, suggestions, advice. Thanks all for the support and help. God Bless through this rough patch!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Well let me see,my devil,is a black cloud nipping at my heels,every day,did I say everyday.. I'm 6 months clean, fighting like hel... Miserable, depressed, blaming anyone and everyone for my 30yrs of hefty abuse. That thinking was dragging me deeper down. I also in the midst of all this, finally left my secure dark gloomy cave,to go out in life, over did it now going through x-rays MRIs you name doctor's giving me 3choices,pills, injections,or surgery,I responded that all 3 were not an option for me. On top of that, I got in touch with my most deeply inner repressed feelings. Also doing this all alone. Talk about emotions,I FEEL everyone of them now.. but in a happy note still clean and going strong for today..

Well let me see,my devil,is a black cloud nipping at my heels,every day,did I say everyday.. I'm 6 months clean, fighting like hel... Miserable, depressed, blaming anyone and everyone for my 30yrs of hefty abuse. That thinking was dragging me deeper down. I also in the midst of all this, finally left my secure dark gloomy cave,to go out in life, over did it now going through x-rays MRIs you name doctor's giving me 3choices,pills, injections,or surgery,I responded that all 3 were not an option for me. On top of that, I got in touch with my most deeply inner repressed feelings. Also doing this all alone. Talk about emotions,I FEEL everyone of them now.. but in a happy note still clean and going strong for today..
    Oh man that is terrible! I am sorry to hear that Lvg! I can relate to you, matter of fact, I think alot of people can. Even myself, I used to blame anyone and everyone for why I used. An argument with my wife...no problem, I'll abuse. Long day at work, no problem, I'll abuse. Fight with my business partner, again, abuse. That's the behavior that kept us in the cycle. I am glad to hear of your sobriety, very proud of you! Even leaving the house in those times can be rough, but you did it anyway! Even with the 3 options, to every problem theres a solution, I'd say give it time and that will come your way! Like you LVg, many of us here do it alone, hence why we turn to this forum....for the help, support and guidance that we are looking for and couldn't find on the outside. As gloomy of the days that you've had, you've been clean and kept clean.....one of these days the sun will shine for you too my friend. Here for you... god bless
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Get back on the train!

I hate to tell you how many times
    I attempted to get clean!

Many many
    But once you are on methadone then sub
    There is not much left !

I am done!
    I say that every day to myself!
    Because even with years clean
    I am one pill away from a horrible relapse!

I know that 1 is too many
    And a1000 never enough!

No truer words have been spoken!!

I personally think pill addiction is the hardest addiction
    To recover from!!

Because we all got older when we were on pills ...
    Sometimes that equals pain..
    but the pain won't kill us
    But the pills definitely will it is just st a matter of when!

I would wait till tomorrow too!

You got this!

Bette

Hi all, wanted to post a quick update...

I'm on day 2 of 1mg a day. I have been dosing am and pm, 0.5mg each, subs seem to be working fine and I feel motivated and back on track. Very fatigued, mood is blah, but hopefully energy will be back soon. Could be the move taking its toll on my body as well. Very lucky that little slip didn't create the cycle I was trying to escape. Feeling hopeful and better. As the subs are getting lower in dosage my feeling back to normal is starting to come together but the reality of soon being off subs is something I have yet to acknowledge as of now. I will start working on that soon here as I don't want to prolong being on subs either. Few more weeks to go and I will finally be free! Thinking of the following schedule, 1mg for 3 more days then drop to 0.75 but only dose once a day for 5-7 days then down to 0.5mg once a day for 5-7 days then drop to 0.25 and skip doses. I dont Have the patience to keep cutting down the doses to 0.125, so Ill skip and jump at 0.25 and take the hopefully soft blow that will create then otherwise, I can take what it sends my way as a few days later Ill hopefully be normal and off subs....will see. One day at a time....hopefully energy comes back. Ive been up and down since the relapse god bless us all

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Get back on the train!

I hate to tell you how many times
    I attempted to get clean!

Many many
    But once you are on methadone then sub
    There is not much left !

I am done!
    I say that every day to myself!
    Because even with years clean
    I am one pill away from a horrible relapse!

I know that 1 is too many
    And a1000 never enough!

No truer words have been spoken!!

I personally think pill addiction is the hardest addiction
    To recover from!!

Because we all got older when we were on pills ...
    Sometimes that equals pain..
    but the pain won't kill us
    But the pills definitely will it is just st a matter of when!

I would wait till tomorrow too!

You got this!

Bette
    Thanks Bette! Trying to stay positive throughout this whole ordeal. I couldn't believe I relapsed, but I can't sit there and dwell on the past, I can only move forward. I do have a plan and hopefully it works out! I will keep posting updates. God Bless
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey hoping- I hadn't read your thread in awhile and I'm so sorry that addiction kicked your butt. Ugghhh- such it is. I love your plan. It sounds very consistent and makes sense. What I would focus on is what triggered your relapse. Were you hungry, angry, lonely or tired or was it people, places and things that set you off. Write about it if you don't feel comfortable with NA meetings. You could also download the NA blue book that has a chapter just devoted to relapse. I'm on day 1 of .5 mg. It's not easy my friend, but someone said recently it doesn't have to be hard either. Kind of a contradiction, but it makes sense at the same time. Give yourself a break and ask the wife to let you take it easy. Rooting for you- you got this! Proud you caught yourself before you went too far.

Prettytony is offline Junior Member

Hello Buddy, i started on 16mg sub 18mos ago 8 as I woke and 8 at nite. Fast forward I'm on 3mg today which I take when I wake up. I experimented w a piece here piece there, and personally I feel like if your only on 2-4mg a day taking it all at the same time everyday works best. As we know sub has a long half life. I have a lot more energy and my brain functions at a higher level for a longer period of time if it receives the whole daily dose at once and most importantly there's no wd whatsoever between 24hr doses. Also I've noticed it's important to not eat anything right before you dose but a good sip of water is better than a dry mouth. After I put it under my tongue it's important to wait an hour before putting anything in your mouth. Just bc the strip has dissolved doesn't mean the meds are fully absorbed. No smoking, eating, drinking, or god forbid spitting. Works for me maybe it'll do u a solid too

Hey hoping! Are you still around out there hoping to be clean? I miss you pal. How's the new house? You doing okay? Worried about you. Just remember, easy does it!

What are you up to hoping? We miss you even if you relapsed and went back to using. Let us know how you're doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Justfortodaytx View Post
    Hey hoping- I hadn't read your thread in awhile and I'm so sorry that addiction kicked your butt. Ugghhh- such it is. I love your plan. It sounds very consistent and makes sense. What I would focus on is what triggered your relapse. Were you hungry, angry, lonely or tired or was it people, places and things that set you off. Write about it if you don't feel comfortable with NA meetings. You could also download the NA blue book that has a chapter just devoted to relapse. I'm on day 1 of .5 mg. It's not easy my friend, but someone said recently it doesn't have to be hard either. Kind of a contradiction, but it makes sense at the same time. Give yourself a break and ask the wife to let you take it easy. Rooting for you- you got this! Proud you caught yourself before you went too far.
    Hey jftx! It's been along time! Im Sorry I "disappeared" for awhile, I've just been so busy with the new house, remodeling, landscaping and a whole bunch of other stuff. How are you doing old friend?? Gosh, i missed everyone here and this move got the best of me, in a good way though ! Since the relapse back in May, I've been clean and sober. Matter of fact, I extended my use of subs and till today am on 0.5mg once a day. I am dropping to 0.25mg next week once I feel ready ofcourse! So how are you making out? Any updates with you? How's life treating you? Everything okay with family? I hope your around still and I look forward to your response. God Bless
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justfortodaytx View Post
    What are you up to hoping? We miss you even if you relapsed and went back to using. Let us know how you're doing!
    I'm here jftx!! I just posted. Now I have to ask, Are you still around

Quote Originally Posted by Prettytony View Post
    Hello Buddy, i started on 16mg sub 18mos ago 8 as I woke and 8 at nite. Fast forward I'm on 3mg today which I take when I wake up. I experimented w a piece here piece there, and personally I feel like if your only on 2-4mg a day taking it all at the same time everyday works best. As we know sub has a long half life. I have a lot more energy and my brain functions at a higher level for a longer period of time if it receives the whole daily dose at once and most importantly there's no wd whatsoever between 24hr doses. Also I've noticed it's important to not eat anything right before you dose but a good sip of water is better than a dry mouth. After I put it under my tongue it's important to wait an hour before putting anything in your mouth. Just bc the strip has dissolved doesn't mean the meds are fully absorbed. No smoking, eating, drinking, or god forbid spitting. Works for me maybe it'll do u a solid too
    Hey Tony, thanks so much for the info. Hily cow, you were on a really high dose my friend....I am down to 0.5mg now, shooting for 0.25mg next week, I usually let it absorb, once its gone, then I have a smoke or coffee or what not. But I never spit lol, i need the subs still As they do help. My habit was so large, mentally I am not ready to just quit or jump off subs yet. I'll take your advice and try it the way you said, maybe the subs will work better for me too. Thanks again, always value everyone's input. God bless
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopingtobeclean View Post
    Hey jftx! It's been along time! Im Sorry I "disappeared" for awhile, I've just been so busy with the new house, remodeling, landscaping and a whole bunch of other stuff. How are you doing old friend?? Gosh, i missed everyone here and this move got the best of me, in a good way though ! Since the relapse back in May, I've been clean and sober. Matter of fact, I extended my use of subs and till today am on 0.5mg once a day. I am dropping to 0.25mg next week once I feel ready ofcourse! So how are you making out? Any updates with you? How's life treating you? Everything okay with family? I hope your around still and I look forward to your response. God Bless

You're doing great!! I read your entire thread & your story is inspiring! Good for you that you haven't given up & are tapering down on the subs. I'm on Day 3 of suboxone, taking 4 mg per day. I'm hoping to taper down too & be off in a couple of weeks. But if it's longer I'm ok with that. One day at a time. You've done excellent with a move & so much upheaval in your life to be at this point...Pat yourself on the back!! Good job!! I've had so many ups & downs. I hope to stick the course this time. I appreciate the encouragement I get from all the stories I've read. It's been such a help. We're all on this journey together

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnhopes View Post
    You're doing great!! I read your entire thread & your story is inspiring! Good for you that you haven't given up & are tapering down on the subs. I'm on Day 3 of suboxone, taking 4 mg per day. I'm hoping to taper down too & be off in a couple of weeks. But if it's longer I'm ok with that. One day at a time. You've done excellent with a move & so much upheaval in your life to be at this point...Pat yourself on the back!! Good job!! I've had so many ups & downs. I hope to stick the course this time. I appreciate the encouragement I get from all the stories I've read. It's been such a help. We're all on this journey together
    Thanks Autumn! I am now off subs for well over 3 weeks! I actually ended up jumping off at 0.25 and did not face any withdrawals whatsoever coming off the subs. Mainly due to the low dosage amount I jumped from. However, this doesn't always work for all of us so it's okay to go even lower or skip a few days until you need to jump or be ready in doing so. Congratulations on day 3! Stick to your plan, stability is key in doing this thing!! Trust me! Slow and steady wins the race! If you read my thread towards the end of my taper, i was getting anxious to jump due to the nature of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but realistically all i did was almost set myself up for failure had I carried on at that speed. Bettys post reminded me that you CAN be on subs (by choice) for alittle longer than needed, so I chose to put the brakes on and re-evaluated my situation which pushed me to stick to 0.25 for a few more months until I knew I was ready, and boom, 3 weeks free and clear of partial opioids and months off full opioids. You can do it!! We are here for you, god bless

Hey all, wanted to give an update! I've now been free and clear off subs for 3 weeks. I can't believe it...what a journey, what a struggle, what a battle, but, I couldn't have done it with out all of my friends and supporters here....
    This is a very emotional post for me, because the many times I would've given up, I didn't because of the people on here who care! The battle I had with the relapse, I didn't let it win, I fought thru and here we are....3 weeks sober! Thanks to everyone who has been there with me and for me. I hope my thread can help others as it helped me through the journey to sobriety. Good luck and God Bless us all, I know if I made it out alive, you can too!

Hey hoping, So Proud of You....

Hey hoping, So Proud of You....
    Thanks lvg! It's been awhile my friend. How are you doing? hope all is well! Im back, just catching up with everyone's updates now.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Glad your back and Staying Strong..yea.....after you catch up..fill me in on you...Glad to hear things are brighter... awesome job my friend.. Stay Strong for Today...

ApkA is offline New Member

Sorry to bombard your post with my problems but I have been trying to post it everyone and it never seems to pop up.

A friend of mine cold turkey quit his daily- 1 year habit of 100mg of vics, percs, and rox 5 days ago. He cheated on day 1, snorting a half of a perc 10, however had the withdrawals that night but pushed through. Come the next night at 9:30 he took a 1/3 of a quarter of suboxone (155/halfmoon) along with vitamins and Imodium and felt little withdrawal. He then went into day 3 and made it all day without any sub, but continuing the vitamins, etc., until 3:30 am truly in day 4. At 3:30 am her took the second 1/3 of the quarter sub he had and as of 9:50 pm on day 4 he still felt good with little to no more withdrawal symptoms or anymore sub. Until 2:30 am on truly day 5 in which he broke the last remaining 1/3 in half to help sleep, as of 4:13 pm on the next day and still feels little to know withdrawals. Slept through the night of day 5 into day 6 by having a few beers and taking 2 mg of Xanax, to help sleep, but no subs so far since. Going to try to push as far as he can without the sub today. The question is: should he get away from the last half of sub? Will he restart back at square 1 with the opiate detox and withdrawals? Or should he finish the last half of 1/3 of a quarter as needed? If so, will this help get beyond the initial withdrawals from the opiates? Should he get more? Please help ASAP so I can let him know how to proceed. Thanks!

ApkA

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ApkA View Post
    Sorry to bombard your post with my problems but I have been trying to post it everyone and it never seems to pop up.

A friend of mine cold turkey quit his daily- 1 year habit of 100mg of vics, percs, and rox 5 days ago. He cheated on day 1, snorting a half of a perc 10, however had the withdrawals that night but pushed through. Come the next night at 9:30 he took a 1/3 of a quarter of suboxone (155/halfmoon) along with vitamins and Imodium and felt little withdrawal. He then went into day 3 and made it all day without any sub, but continuing the vitamins, etc., until 3:30 am truly in day 4. At 3:30 am her took the second 1/3 of the quarter sub he had and as of 9:50 pm on day 4 he still felt good with little to no more withdrawal symptoms or anymore sub. Until 2:30 am on truly day 5 in which he broke the last remaining 1/3 in half to help sleep, as of 4:13 pm on the next day and still feels little to know withdrawals. Slept through the night of day 5 into day 6 by having a few beers and taking 2 mg of Xanax, to help sleep, but no subs so far since. Going to try to push as far as he can without the sub today. The question is: should he get away from the last half of sub? Will he restart back at square 1 with the opiate detox and withdrawals? Or should he finish the last half of 1/3 of a quarter as needed? If so, will this help get beyond the initial withdrawals from the opiates? Should he get more? Please help ASAP so I can let him know how to proceed. Thanks!

ApkA

ApkA -

The first thing you should do is start your own thread in either the Need to Talk or Suboxone sections of the forums. You'll have your own place for questions and comments, and so others can find you easily when they want to respond.

Secondly, Suboxone, or subs need to be taken in a structured manner and never taken on an "as needed" basis. That's not the way to use them. You need to induct on the smallest possible dose, remain on that dose for about a week, then taper down to at least .25mg before jumping off.

Here's the link to our sub therapy plan below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Give it a good reading over. The plan works perfectly if you really want to use subs to get clean. If you use subs when you feel like it relapses seem to always happen for the majority that use them that way.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Randy,

as mentioned, tried posting my own thread however can't figure it out, I've done it twice in the last 2 or 3 days and it won't pop up.

Anyway, he has been taking a 1/12 every night and it gets him through the day and most of the night until he needs another. He has only taken a quarter total so far, over a 4 day period. My question is: will this set him back to the beginning of the opiate withdrawals once he tries to just quit taking them?he does not want to take subs long term, he is just hoping that taking the 1/12 and even splitting that in half as days go on that he is able to get through the initial/worst of the opiate withdrawals and detox.

Appreciate you helping!

Thanks,

ApkA
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-04-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Randy,

I would like to note, after reading that plan, that is basically what my friend has been doing. He has tapered down each time he's taken it, starting with 1/12, and continues to feel little to no withdrawals. The only time he takes it has been nights where he just can't seem to fall asleep, which I read he should probably avoid doing. I will recommend that he begin to try skipping days and taper each dose he finds absolutely and necessarily needed.

I would just like some clarification when he quits the subs, will he be back to day one of the opiate withdrawals or experience sub withdrawals? Hope for him to be able to use minimal sub to get through the first few days of his cold turkey narco quit and then cold turkey quit the subs all within a week and no longer experience withdrawals or symptoms.

Please add any comments, questions, or concerns.

We appreciate it!

Thanks,

ApkA
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-04-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ApkA View Post
    Randy,

as mentioned, tried posting my own thread however can't figure it out, I've done it twice in the last 2 or 3 days and it won't pop up.

Anyway, he has been taking a 1/12 every night and it gets him through the day and most of the night until he needs another. He has only taken a quarter total so far, over a 4 day period. My question is: will this set him back to the beginning of the opiate withdrawals once he tries to just quit taking them?he does not want to take subs long term, he is just hoping that taking the 1/12 and even splitting that in half as days go on that he is able to get through the initial/worst of the opiate withdrawals and detox.

Appreciate you helping!

Thanks,

ApkA

ApkA -

I understand what you're asking, I was just letting you know there is a right way to properly use Suboxone. Trouble begins when this extremely strong medication is used improperly.

With that said, and to answer your question, the subs are much, much stronger than the other opiates. So once the subs are stopped there will most likely be some form of wd's symptoms that will have to be dealt with. Even with the small amount of sub taken for a short period of time there are almost always some wd's present. How minor or how severe is tough to figure because several factors come into play. A persons metabolism, physical condition, fluid intake, and other factors all make a difference.

Now it is entirely possible any wd's may be hardly noticeable. It does happen, but not that often. Again, Suboxone is a very powerful drug with a very long half life. The half life is how long HALF of a drug dose remains in your system. Suboxone has a half life between 24 and 72 hours. So a single one time dose could possibly remain in the sytem for 1 to 3 full days. So as you take more it begins to build up in the system.

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction. BTW....here's the link to starting your own thread in the Need to Talk section of the forum below.....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/newthrea...newthread&f=32

Just title your new thread and you're on your way. You can copy and paste your original post there so others are aware of your situation if you want. It's important to share all the info you can so we can better help you.

And sub should probably be taken earlier in the day as it has been known to keep some people awake and/or make it difficult to fall asleep.

My question: Once your friend is clean and off all addictive substances how is he/she planning on remaing clean? Getting clean is the easier part to this. It's remaining clean that takes the most work. Face to face support meetings such as NA or AA can really help and make a difference. I hope that's something to be considered.

Randy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345