Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
Help! Need to get off vicodin and induct subs quickly, I want off!!

Default Help! Need to get off vicodin and induct subs quickly, I want off!!

Hi guys, hopefully someone out there watching/reading can help me!! I know Roberts325 is gone, hes paid his debt to society, but monitoring this forum and building the courage to finally come clean and get help here was the first step. looks like we still have some great members left who can assist induction on suboxone. Ive been on a 8-9 month long bindge of using vicodin 10/325 almost 100-130 pills a day, (I know its hard to believe, even I am shocked to be alive) but i was taking so much i was puking from the pills not the reaction insane!! but yes, 100 freakin pills a day minimum. Ive run myself to the ground, ive let my family down, sold my business which was very successful. The good news guys, i have a second chance at life here and I will TAKE IT!!! I have a beautiful wife and baby that need me. Anyone out there can help me with my insane high vico use to quit and use my subs? I got 21 prescribed by my sub dr, she said to take 24mg a day, but after being highly educated here, we all know that is not happening. Id like to start at 2-4mg a day and taper down. Desperate for the help, ill take anything at this point to be normal again and get rid of these EVIL pills once and for all!!!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello and welcome,I'm sure someone with more knowledge on subs will soon post. Have you tried to just quit cold turkey off the hydro?

Hi Lvg! Thanks so much for responding! Yes I have tried but at the amount I was taking, I couldn't handle more than 12 hours and would immediately run back to the hydros

You really really want to want it. I was taking 15++10mg of methadone and 15++hydromorphone A day, probably more. Running out early every month,after 2weeks, running around looking for More day after day after day... You know the drill. It's not easy to get and stay clean it's a fight for your life,are you worth it.. There is no quick fix,we got are self here abusing are bodies with drugs for many years,so it takes time for our body and brain to heal. I quit CT I have no self control to taper,not an option for me. But I'm here alive and free and clean of opiates over 5 months now. So yes it can be done,you have to have the willpower to know that one pill is to many thousand not enough....(thanks Ricky). Whatever path you choose all of us here will support you. Read and post and let us know what you decide. Be strong...

Thanks so much Lvg!! You are totally right. We did this too ourselves. Very proud of you for doing what youve done to stay clean!! I am in very bad w/d now and took my first 2mg of sub about an hour ago, but nothing came of it!!! I am still feeling depressed, down, body aches and pain, nose wont stop running; I am thinking about taking another 1mg right now!! Im dying here. CT is def not an option for me due to the high amount of hydro that has been in my system this long

I don't have any experience with subs,the one thing I know is you have to do it the right way. If you put the subs in your body with the hydros will put you into horrific wds. Hopefully, Randy or someone will get with you soon on proper sub taper. I suggest you read, read posts on this forum. I will support you in anyway​ i can. Be patient others will be here to support you...Be strong...

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Do you have the COWS ?
    You have to be at 26 or more on that scale.

Time is not a good indicator of readiness to induce..
    Because of people's metabolism!

I will get you the scale and Roberts taper..

I would just follow it!
    Surrender
    Give up
    Follow the suggestions!

It was such a relief for me !

I was done too!
    I just was sick and tired f being sick and tired!

Life is so much better clean!
    Not perfect
    But much much better!

Keep posting !
    Hang tight
    You can do this!
    I will get the scale and taper!
    Bette

I think I escaped pwd by luck. I took some hydro this morning, but an hour passed by after the first time I took the 2mg, nothing minus the symptoms I already mentioned above. I just took another 1mg sub now, but I don't know if it's working or I am doing it wrong? I let it dissolve completely under my tongue but saliva building up and going everywhere so i keep swallowing it. Nothing yet....at this point I am down to lower back aches and pain and legs, anxiety and very heavy runny nose god do I need help

Hi bette!! Thanks so much for replying! I do have the cows and Roberts plan! Please post it regardless.....incase it helps others! Have you ready the situation to see where I am at and how I am feeling? I am trying to fight through it, but I dont feel the subs doing anything for me. Currently, I dosed at 12:52pm PST, 2mg. Nothing happened. So i took another 1mg just about 10 min ago. @ 2:08pm PST. I can't handle this

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Hopefully you will not go into pwds..

There is the taper..

I am not sure if starting with 2 mg would have been recommended.
    What is done is done.
    What is your next move?

What are your symptoms exactly?

I would not take anymore sub yet?

Drink water
    Sub can dehydrate you ..

Have you been so sub before?
    You will never feel like you did on full agonist opiates..

I would wait at least another hour ..
    if your wds are not better and not worse! (Pwds)

You could add another .5 mg .

It takes a day or 2 to get stable on sub..

Next move is to stabilize and taper I guess? I know the damage has been done. What can
    I do from here?

Symptoms are anxiety, restlessness, sweats and chills, runny nose, even after I took the 2mg sub. Ive been pounding water

Luv, never been on sub before. Today was my first time ever I took another 1MG, about 40 min ago. So total for the day is 3mg. Oh great. Had I known that....I wouldn't have started out so high

luv, bit of an update, since taking the 1mg, ive been feeling abit better. Runny nose stopped, but back aches are still there...anxiety toned down alittle, but i am wondering, did I do the 2mg incorrectly causing me to not feel better initially? Maybe the 1mg I think i dosed better hence why some partial relief

Quick update, its not 4:30pm PST, after the 1mg earlier today, I figured out how to properly take the subs. So, even though the 2mg didn't dose properly, the 1mg did. Lets assume I am at 3mg for now. I just took another 0.5mg now, will take the last 0.5mg 2 hours from now and call it a day for the subs. I plan on taking 0.5mg first thing when i wakeup....or unless you can help me figure out a schedule to stabilize since today, then I can taper by 25% in 4 days or so. I did get chlonipine prescribed as well, I will take that tonight with roprinorole (for sleep and rls), truly helps...!! I think those 2 miracle workers in itself should help with the night time headaches; just really concerned about insomnia....I heard it's not fun.....Thank you to everyone involved! I am determined to do this. I appreciate each and every single one of you for helping and trying!!! Much love and god bless....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2017 at 06:38 PM.

When you get stable on the sub
    You will not need any other meds.

But just be prepared to accept you will
    Never feel the same as a full agonist opiate aka Vicodin.
    If you are at 3-4 mg for the day that is perfect..

Sub is meant to be taken 1time a day
    2 at the most .
    8-12 hrs apart .

If you start at 4 mg?
    I would take 2 mg in the am
    2 mg 8-12 hours later.
    Then stick with that got at least 4 days probably 6 days the first week..

You have to be stable before you drop..

Sounds like you are ok..
    the pain will lessen
    There is no way to get through wds completely pain free!

But sub is definitely doable!

When you wake up in the am and realize you haven been
    Chasing the pills for 24 hours
    That is pretty amazing!

It is a much better way to live!

You will see !
    I promise!

Keep in touch
    Bette
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

God bless you Bette!! Im so lucky to have you in my life already! Totally understanding of what you said, so actually we are on schedule to not exceed 4mg for the day! Ill suck it up after 6:30PM for next 0.5MG until the AM where I will take 1MG and 1MG 8 hours later for another 3 days. Maybe its best to go 2MG total for the first 4-6 days? Then when I am ready to drop, what should new dosage be?

You mentioned no need for other meds, so don't take the rop and Chlon say 3-4 days in?

I am TOTALLY ready to end this once and for all. I WANT IT. For now, my back is achey, legs are achey, runny nose is back, on and off though, its the "I don't know whats coming next" that's got me here....totally worried. Don't know what I am in for yet tonight.....ugh. Keeping faith and staying positive. So long as I have you guys by my side. I know I can make it through this mess!! No more waking up to gobble 20 pills a time and worry when Im already going to have to get the next batch! God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by hopingtobeclean View Post
    God bless you Bette!! Im so lucky to have you in my life already! Totally understanding of what you said, so actually we are on schedule to not exceed 4mg for the day! Ill suck it up after 6:30PM for next 0.5MG until the AM where I will take 1MG and 1MG 8 hours later for another 3 days. Maybe its best to go 2MG total for the first 4-6 days? Then when I am ready to drop, what should new dosage be?

You mentioned no need for other meds, so don't take the rop and Chlon say 3-4 days in?

I am TOTALLY ready to end this once and for all. I WANT IT. For now, my back is achey, legs are achey, runny nose is back, on and off though, its the "I don't know whats coming next" that's got me here....totally worried. Don't know what I am in for yet tonight.....ugh. Keeping faith and staying positive. So long as I have you guys by my side. I know I can make it through this mess!! No more waking up to gobble 20 pills a time and worry when Im already going to have to get the next batch! God bless.
    Btw, do you know if anyone from roberts days are around still? Like henry, musicman, patti and others I've seen? Just wondering what happened to them...looks like they have helped save so many souls.....such amazing people to give back!

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Wait, how long after using vicodin did you take the suboxone? If you used suboxone one hour after using vicodin.... you are mixing high amounts of full opiate and suboxone at the same time, and there might still be alot of vicodin even right now in your system. If suboxone and vicodin are mixing, suboxone is knocking the vicodin off your brain receptors so that is why you feel symptoms like the runny nose. YOu should feel completely normal on subs, no physical symptoms at all, but not high either.. just "normal". If you only waited one hour in between stopping vicodin and starting subs.... then the runny nose etc right now is yes prob precipitated WD and will get messy the next 1-2 days but if you only waited one hour... what's done is done... the first week might be rocky due to the mixing but things will stabilize the subs will take over after like a week I'm guessing, and you will feel normal not high after that.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hey dsh, like an hour after I took the hydros....i took a 2mg sub. But its weird, its totally manageable....nothing like the pwd horror stories I have heard here....? I wonder why that is. When you say things might get messy, if I take a 1MG sub early am, then another 1 mg sub 8 hrs later, will that keep things under control? Its wierd cause I feel normal....but im having partial symptoms that are manageable...very strange. I took the vicodin around 12pm PST, then took the sub @ 1pm but I dont think it worked properly....the other 1mg i took
    Awhile later helped and then I took 0.5mg 2 hrs later and now I am taking the other 0.5MG now totalling 4MG for the day until tomorrow morning where I will take it in am then 8 hrs later and stabilize.....i know this is confusing and crazy...probably one of the stranger stories you've heard but its all
    i got and im trying not to struggle here that's all I want clean and out!!!
    Iluv2smile and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Hey dsh, like an hour after I took the hydros....i took a 2mg sub. But its weird, its totally manageable....nothing like the pwd horror stories I have heard here....? I wonder why that is. When you say things might get messy, if I take a 1MG sub early am, then another 1 mg sub 8 hrs later, will that keep things under control? Its wierd cause I feel normal....but im having partial symptoms that are manageable...very strange. I took the vicodin around 12pm PST, then took the sub @ 1pm but I dont think it worked properly....the other 1mg i took
    Awhile later helped and then I took 0.5mg 2 hrs later and now I am taking the other 0.5MG now totalling 4MG for the day until tomorrow morning where I will take it in am then 8 hrs later and stabilize.....i know this is confusing and crazy...probably one of the stranger stories you've heard but its all
    i got and im trying not to struggle here that's all I want clean and out!!!
    I understand the story. With the two mixing it's impossible to say what is what.. in terms of what's cuasing your withdrawals, and whats causing your other symptoms you have right now. Could it be preciiatted WD? The subs? Who knows, it's all mixed.

The best way to decide on a proper sub dose is to go into full WD (like 24-30hours cold turkey) and just take a bit at a time until symptoms go away. Since that part is missing, it's impossible to say your sub dose. Creeping up on the dose and keep on taking it right after vicodin doesn't tell you anything anymore...

If I were in your situation.. what I would do is pick a decent dose of sub... like 6mg daily given the larger amount of your previous habit... and just keep taking that half in AM half in PM. Eventually, the vicodin will wash out of your system, and there will be nothing but suboxone, and your brain will slowly get used to the 6mg daily. Whenever you are feeling good on 6mg daily.... then time to taper.

But like I said... next couple days might be rocky as the vicodin and suboxone continue to mix and interact and compete against each other, etc.
    Iluv2smile and Lvg nghtmare like this.

You're right. This is a hard one. I don't kneo what is what. But the fact that the pwds are manageable is crazy. Ive rarely heard it not being insane, hospital trip, etc. i think moving forward I will stick to the 4mg cause i did that today, then drop by 25%, etc. i dont want to get hooked at a higher level..? Very scared about that brother. Maybe I escaped the pwds being horrific? Who knows? Going to take ropinorole for RLS and chlonopine for everything else to try and sleep atleast in abit. Regardless i will do 2mg in am and 2mg in PM or maybe even less? Magbe 1 and 1 so as to not have too much bupe in my system...? Maybe i can tough it out @ 2mg for 3 more days, atleast the vicodin will
    Be gone and hard part of w/d is almost over then drop taper...? What do you think? Thanks again for the support and help brother. I appreciate it!

It's important to get feeling good on sub as quick as possible... otherwise if you underdose by a bunch, like take 2 when you need 6, you will feel bad for a very long time as you wait for your brain to slowly adjust to getting alot less than it needed. Not acute WD bad, but no energy, no mood, unmotivated, don't feel like getting out of bed etc. Don't mean to scare you, but realize you are shooting completely in the dark in picking what dose will work. My guess is 6 but just a guess. If you wanna get aggressive and start 2 or 4.... then go for it, but please be fully informed what you could be getting into.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I would not rush this.
    I know you don't want a sub habit .
    But you only have to do this once.

We all wanted to hurry through it..
    But we did not get here over night .
    Sub is a tool .
    And a great one.
    I would pick a dose 3 mg
    4 mg even 5 mg ..
    Let your body get used to it!
    Let your brain heal!

You have been through a lot today!

I was on sub 9 months by choice
    And I know had I gotten off one day earlier
    I would probably not be clean 2+ years later!

With that being said that was my path
    It does not have to be yours .

But patience is key on tnis taper!
    If you want it to be tolerable!

If not We could have gone cold turkey!

For me that was not possible .
    God knows I tried!

You had a huge habit !
    Now is the time to give your body mind and spirit
    A break!

Do this right !
    It will only be a distant memory !

Before you know it!

You will be clean!

For now it is amazing to be off your drug of choice !
    Congratulations!

You got this!

I agree 100% I felt normal on sub!
    Almost exactly like I feel today!
    I love it!

Not perfect 24/7 but
    I will take it!

Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsh12345 View Post
    It's important to get feeling good on sub as quick as possible... otherwise if you underdose by a bunch, like take 2 when you need 6, you will feel bad for a very long time as you wait for your brain to slowly adjust to getting alot less than it needed. Not acute WD bad, but no energy, no mood, unmotivated, don't feel like getting out of bed etc. Don't mean to scare you, but realize you are shooting completely in the dark in picking what dose will work. My guess is 6 but just a guess. If you wanna get aggressive and start 2 or 4.... then go for it, but please be fully informed what you could be getting into.
    You're totally right. Ill go with 4mg. 2mg in AM and 2mg in PM. I did have a large habit....by no means was it a joke, no lie, i would puke my brains out from
    Too much vicodin as I mentioned, how i al alive I dont even know.....i will do 4mg for the next 3 day and then drop by 25%? I only have 21 strips that the dr prescribed, being that I used half of a 1 8/2mg today I have another 4mg for tomorrow. This just might work with the strips I have!! I was embarrassed the first time around to get subs....hopefully this will be it!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hi Bette!! Thanks so much for checking in again, you've been amazing my friend!!

Your right, I am not going to rush this. I only want to do it once and be done. Ive chosen to go with 4mg for the next 3 days since I inducted today @ 4mg total (even though it was all over the map, i did not exceed 4mg!)

Again your right, BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK TODAY! Im glad though for not touching this ever again after sub treatment. Thanks Bette!! I am totally off my DOC! SO EXCITED and inspired by all of you!! Now its time to heal, unwind and BECOME normal again. Ill take that all day (even if its not perfect!!) over being addicted to subs. DSH recommended 6mg and while I would totally agree with him since I was chowing down on 100-130 pills a day, I am limited to the 20.5 strips left and I do not want to go back for a refill. I want this to be my first, my last, my everything!!!!

Ill take what I can get from here and apply the tools to be and stay clean. So long as I have you guys by my side!! god bless you all
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hi Bette!! Thanks so much for checking in again, you've been amazing my friend!!

Your right, I am not going to rush this. I only want to do it once and be done. Ive chosen to go with 4mg for the next 3 days since I inducted today @ 4mg total (even though it was all over the map, i did not exceed 4mg!)

Again your right, BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK TODAY! Im glad though for not touching this ever again after sub treatment. Thanks Bette!! I am totally off my DOC! SO EXCITED and inspired by all of you!! Now its time to heal, unwind and BECOME normal again. Ill take that all day (even if its not perfect!!) over being addicted to subs. DSH recommended 6mg and while I would totally agree with him since I was chowing down on 100-130 pills a day, I am limited to the 20.5 strips left and I do not want to go back for a refill. I want this to be my first, my last, my everything!!!!

Ill take what I can get from here and apply the tools to be and stay clean. So long as I have you guys by my side!! god bless you all
    Morning all! Well I survived last night....minus the sleeplessness, I did manage to get 5 hrs of sleep, jaw hurts alot....that's mostly what kept me up all night, i think jaw pain from w/ds?

9am PST took 2MG sub so just waiting for it to kick in, currently fatigue/tired, legs are achey, backs achey, yawning here and there. Going to take some vitamins now that should help? I have 5HTP, milk thistle seed, folic acid, L-Lysine, Potassium, Emegenc-c tablets, and some other stuff. Hope that helps. Will take another 2MG @ 5pm pst and that should be it for today. What if relief doesn't come? Can i take small silvers? If so, whats the size of those? Just wanted to update you guys! Thanks and god bless.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Is anyone around?

Feeling okay.....body aches still here...feeing anxiety here and there...going to a therapist at 5pm today (pst) shes an opiate specialist. I feel wide awake, which scares me when it comes to going to sleep later tonight plus I am taking next dose of 2mg right before therapy meeting. Subs seem to have helped today, only took 2mg at 9am...have a headache, jaw still hurts for some reason? Feels like its cause of the w/ds...?? I took a whole bunch of vitamins and stuff after the sub too, milk thistle seed, folic acid, potassium, l-lysine, 5htp, ginkgo biloba, st johns wort and ashwagandha, immodium and finally benadryl (the reason I listed everything is incase it helps anyone else in the future with otc help!) I feel like they did some relieving? Anyone with experience have any idea if these have worked in the past? Thanks to all my new friends and god bless us all throughout this journey of recovery.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast