• 4 Post By GiantNY
  • 2 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By GiantNY
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By GiantNY
Help with opiate/subs PLEASE
    GiantNY is offline New Member

Default Help with opiate/subs PLEASE

Hey everyone, so for like the 4th or 5th time I decided enough with the roxys (used for about 4 years roxys anywheree from 60 - 150 mg perbday)

On 8/4/17 I took my last one. I for the first time used suboxone (two 8mg strips over about 5 days). I then went 20 days without anything. Like an idiot, I then thought I could take another suboxone to help me get through work. I got an 8mg strip and used 6mg of it for 4 days (threw out the rest, used about .5 mg the last day in the morning).

I'm now 2 1/2 days off anything but I feel like im going thru w/d. No sweats but def have some restlessness, totally weak and unmotivated.

I feel so upset that I'm back in this >>>>. I honestly thought I was out of it and if I knew subs would do this to me I def wouldn't have taken it - I just thought it would help w some energy and curb any cravings. Am I back to square one? Did I totally reset everything? Thanks in advance.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome back to the forum!

I see you've been here for about 2 years fighting the BEAST. I totally understand what kind of animal you're dealing with here. I spent nearly 18 years fighting my addiction. In the end Suboxone was the answer for me. I had 3 years clean in July. So you can most definitely can it too.

Suboxone is a tool to fight addiction with. Nothing more than that. To get the maximun benefit from subs they really need to be used correctly and not on an "as needed" basis. Our sub plan here lasts between 6-8 weeks depending on several variables. That's about the right time frame for most people.

To answer your question....Suboxone is powerfully strong with a real long half life. A tiny bit goes a long way and also remains in your system quite some time. For those 2 reasons it's entirely possible you set yourself back to square one. It's tough to say for absolute certain because of ones metabolism, physical comdiction, fluid intake, ando ther factors.

IF you use Suboxone again you'll want to get on a stable dose usually between 2mg and 6mg per day. Remain on that dose about a week or so then begin the taper process. Our taper suggest reductions of 25% every 4 or so days until you're down to at least .25mg per day before jumping off.

If you're not planning on using subs again just continue by not taking addictive substances again. Maybe get yourself to some face to face meetings in NA or AA for support and accountability. Meetings are free and priceless help.

Post updates often and you'll receive responses. Hope this helps.

Randy

Thanks for the response. Had no idea that the sub would set me back. Lesson learned I guess. I don't think it completely set me back but I def feel much worse than before the unnecessary sub. I was feeling pretty damn good right before. I've decided to ride this out without any more substances. My acute withdrawals typically last 3-4 days. Hoping with the small amount of subs I took over 4 days didn't completely set be back to square one.
    Randy35 likes this.

Day 28 no blue pill.

I'm still not sure if I was going through wd or I had some kind of stomach bug after that mini sub stint. My bathroom trips amd stomach pains were 10x worse than ever before. Was about a 2 day hell.

Feel like Im back to my path to recovery. Some days I feel real good (like yesterday) and somedays I feel super depressed (like today). Thinking about what a piece of >>>> I am for the money I threw away selfishly; the problems I caused with my family. >>>> is really depressing. But I have zero cravings. At least I'm still alive and maybe there's hope for me. If anyone's reading this, there's hope for you too. Stay off the garbage

Does anyone know what's going on because I am concerned:

1. Last night, I woke up completely drenched from night sweats. Typically, when going thru w/d I would sweat the first night or 2 and never again. This has been the first time I experienced sweating at all this go around.

2. I still have the runs really bad. How long before I should see a doctor or something? Typically, it would previously last a week tops.

Not sure if these "new" symptoms are because I used subs this time around. I always went cold turkey before.

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello GiantNY, Everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process. We abused drugs for so long we didn't get here in one day so it takes time for the brain and body to heal from all the abuse. Hang in there I can promise you the sweats will pass... Stay Strong for Today...
    GiantNY likes this.

Dr_Randall_Dwenger is offline New Member

Like others have mentioned, Suboxone is something that must be taken correctly and under supervision to avoid withdrawal. So, if you decide to take Suboxone again, go to a Suboxone clinic where they can help you manage dosage.

What you’re going through right now sounds like normal opioid withdrawal, which is often extremely uncomfortable. Unfortunately, how long withdrawal symptoms last vary by individual so it is difficult to say for how long you will have to endure these night sweats. I would suggest that you go to a doctor soon and be honest. Doctors can often prescribe medications that will help manage the excessive sweating caused by withdrawal.

Quitting opioids alone can be very difficult and I would suggest that you seek out support − whether that is a support group or enrolling in outpatient treatment.

Thanks for the reply...Considering it was such a low dose for a short period, the wothdrawals were mild and I no longer have any physical symptoms aside from feeling tired and lethargic in the morning. It's beem 38 days since I last took an oxy and 2 weeks since that mini suboxone stint so at this point I think I'll ride this out. I have started going to a psych to help work out my numeeous emotional issues.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Just as an update, I'm 67 days free of oxy. I believe 41 days the mini 4 dat suboxone stint.

This is definitely the longest I've gone since being hooked.

I know a lot of people have trouble sleeping, but I can't sleep enough. I typically fall asleep at 10 and wake up around 7am. Use melatonin and that's it.

I feel pretty good in general. I don't have the energy that I used to but I think that's why I took those blues in the first place ( for that energy jolt that slowly diminished over time)

Hope everyone is doing well

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by GiantNY View Post
    Just as an update, I'm 67 days free of oxy. I believe 41 days the mini 4 dat suboxone stint.

This is definitely the longest I've gone since being hooked.

I know a lot of people have trouble sleeping, but I can't sleep enough. I typically fall asleep at 10 and wake up around 7am. Use melatonin and that's it.

I feel pretty good in general. I don't have the energy that I used to but I think that's why I took those blues in the first place ( for that energy jolt that slowly diminished over time)

Hope everyone is doing well
    Nice update! I'd trade the lack of energy for being able to sleep without a second thought. Try things that will get you some extra energy. Exercise? I know. I hate exercise but it does help--right after you peel me off of the ground and resuscitate me.

Peace,

Cat
    Leah987 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Thanks, Cat! I know- I want to get into an exercise routine so bad. I would say that exercise might be the #1 activity in helping get back on one's feet. Unfortunately, my time is so limited. Work full time and when I'm home I look after my 1 year old. Plan is to get up an hour early and get into it but when that alarm goes off, I immediately change my mind and sleep that extra hour haha. Eventually, ill get to the point where I exercise either in the am or at night when everyones asleep. As of now, I play sports once a week and have noticed my stamina building up since being clean.
    Real grateful for getting this chance at being clean again. I think the worst part is thinking about the damage I have caused (to myself and ones I car about) the past few years during my addiction. Although it's a good motivator to help me stay clean, it also makes me depressed. Trying to live in the present...
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by GiantNY View Post
    Thanks, Cat! I know- I want to get into an exercise routine so bad. I would say that exercise might be the #1 activity in helping get back on one's feet. Unfortunately, my time is so limited. Work full time and when I'm home I look after my 1 year old. Plan is to get up an hour early and get into it but when that alarm goes off, I immediately change my mind and sleep that extra hour haha. Eventually, ill get to the point where I exercise either in the am or at night when everyones asleep. As of now, I play sports once a week and have noticed my stamina building up since being clean.
    Real grateful for getting this chance at being clean again. I think the worst part is thinking about the damage I have caused (to myself and ones I car about) the past few years during my addiction. Although it's a good motivator to help me stay clean, it also makes me depressed. Trying to live in the present...
    I know how depressing it is when we are newly clean and can't help but review all of our sometimes horrid actions and utter indifference to what we put the folks we love the most through. My opinion is that we have to visit that place but must be careful not to hang out too long. That was before and this is the here and now. It's what we do with today that matters. Forgiving ourselves is hard but one of the most essential parts of long term recovery. Got to do it. Be proud of doing the right thing now and do allow it to motivate you to continue doing the right thing. Addiction is horrible but we can take good things away from it too. It gives us the opportunity to grow into a better human being than we might otherwise have been. Lemonade? Maybe. I just know that I'm kinder and more compassionate now that I ever had been and I like that.

Peace,

Cat
    Leah987 likes this.

Haven't been on here in a little while but as an update this is day 93 without roxys.
    The thought of it comes here and there but getting much easier to blow it off. I think the biggest key to staying off is cutting any and all ties with the drug as best as you can - whether it's deleting cell phone numbers, telling your connection never to give to you again, whatever. The more impossible you make it for yourself to obtain the drug, the more your brain will accept it. However, if it's just a phone call away, your brain will play tricks on you and you will convince yourself that it's ok if you call just once...and then the slippery slope.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good fight.
    Beefaroni7272 and allinpapa like this.

Thesedrugssuck is offline New Member

Hey man im new to this site just made my account a little about me i got into a bad moto accident from a 75 ft gab and i have been on norco 10/325 taking 12 a day for 3 years then this last year im taking 12 oxy 30 mg a day with 6 norcs a day on top so 360mg a day just from the oxy and we all know we take more sometimes so my dose is stupid high amd still really doesnt help with the pain but i domt want to be pit on anything stronger because i know it will just be worse so anyways i have gone threw withdraws if i dont take something with in 5 hours i get w/d pretty bad then i found gabapentin alot of people say its bad and doesnt help but if you habe never taken it man im on my 2nd day with no opiates and i feel great so far you kimda have to take a higher dose for it to help but man its amazing i hope you get threw this >>>> is nasty i was never told by anyone how bad it would be to get off of these stuff and if i new i would have never gone this route its an evil drug.