Help starting suboxone taper
    Dashizzle is offline New Member

Default Help starting suboxone taper

So I am moving to a different state next week, no suboxone doctors a anywhere close, so i want to get off this medication. Have been taking it roughly 10 years, started at 32mg/day. After maybe 5 years dropped to 18mg. Last year I moved down to 8mg. Knowing I was moving in march, I started to take 4mg a day to try and "Save medication". So here I am, taking anywhere from 4 to 8mg/day currently. I have roughly 140 8mg pills. What would be my best taper plan, with the least wd. Thank you for your time in advance!

Btw, I don't mind a long taper I'd it minimizes wd. I have 3 small children so i can't be a zombie

Ok, well ill give it a go taking 2mg/day for awhile. If anyone has tips that would be awsome, I have nobody to talk to with this.

David256 is offline Member

Hi Dash, hows the taper going?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey dash. I thought I posted to your thread already. I guess it got snatched up for one reason or another. But anyways welcome to the forum. Have you seen the suboxone taper plan?? It's the first thread marked "sticky" at the top of the suboxone treatment sub forum. It has helped thousands of members get off the subs. Basically it calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days depending on when you stabilize on that dose. Rinse and repeat until you're at .25 mg/day. Yes, point 25 mg. It seems like a miniscule dose but subs, but subs are crazy strong. Some estimate 30X stronger than morphine.

You sound good. Keep that mindset it will help you in the long run. I can tell you for certain that being free of subs is so much better than I could have ever hoped for!! Stay hydrated!! You can do this

Congratulations again and welcome!!!
    Keep posting it really helps!!
    Beef