Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ljo9092
  • 1 Post By Ljo9092
  • 1 Post By SusanAbby
Here to help after addiction
    Pray4new is offline New Member

Red face Here to help after addiction

I am here to share my story and hopefully help anybody who is suffering. I am a drug addict, who was lucky enough to end a seven year addiction and struggle with pain pills and xanax. I am six months 100% clean with no type of drug replacements. The mountain you are facing is tuff, but please give sobriety a chance. The freedom from addiction is worth the hard part of wirhdrawals and everything else that goes along with it. I never thought i would be free from the wrath of drugs, but my lord had a better plan. If anyone has any questions about coping through withdrawals and the timelines after, i would be so glad to offer the coping strategies that got me through. Thankfully i am 6 months clean and a new person. There are struggles, but every single day gets better. I am here to help anyone suffering, just reach out to me!!

Pray4new is offline New Member

How long have you been without medication?

Sarah0804 is offline New Member

I have a porta cath which they have been given cyclizine through for a long time now. I have just heard this is addictive although I use for sickness I’m not happy. What am I to expect if I stop. I have oral
    Cyclizine do I just swap over?
    Thank you

Ljo9092 is offline New Member

Hi, I'm day one of recovering from lortabs addiction, any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Catrina likes this.

Ljo9092 is offline New Member

Going dry turkey, I've tried Suboxone and those withdrawals almost drove me insane.
    Catrina likes this.

SusanAbby is offline New Member

I want to know from you have gotten off opioids but still have a pain syndrome, how do you live with a quality of life.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ljo9092 View Post
    Hi, I'm day one of recovering from lortabs addiction, any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Welcome Ljo,

Your first good move was finding and posting on this Forum. There are lots of people here who would be absolutely delighted to give you advice and tips to get you through this cold turkey detox.

First, please begin your own thread and give us some background and details including how long you've been using and how much per day you usually take. This will help us to give you the best advice and information on what you can expect. The symptoms and timeline of how long you'll be sick and the things that will help even if it's just a little are very predictable. So, go start that new thread and give us more information.

I'll watch for your new thread and will respond there. You are always welcome to post on other threads giving your own support and it helps to connect with others but by posting on other's threads with your questions and updates will get confusing very quickly. We won't know where to find you and you won't know where to look for posts that are intended especially for you. If you keep everything on your own thread, it will be much easier for others to read everything in one place.

I'll watch for you but for now, congratulations for making this important decision to put this all behind you. Recovery is possible with support and commitment. This may be one of the most important things you will ever do for yourself. I can't wait to see you post that you have completed your detox and are beginning your brand new life. You're going to love being clean. I promise you will. It's a hard road but the rewards are immense! Welcome again.

Peace,

Cat

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by SusanAbby View Post
    I want to know from you have gotten off opioids but still have a pain syndrome, how do you live with a quality of life.
    Welcome Susan,

Can you please start your own thread? It makes things much easier and less confusing if you keep all your questions in one place. That will make it easier for us to find you, for you to find responses that are intended just for you, and everything will be organized and easy to follow once they're all on one thread. You are, of course, welcome to post to anyone on their threads sharing your advice and support as well.

When you start that thread, give us more information and details including your diagnosis, what pain medication you are taking, how much and for how long. That will help us to give you the best advice we have. It can be tricky and sometimes difficult to learn to live and manage your pain but it is almost always possible.

I'll watch for your new thread where you've provided us with as much information and detail as possible and I and others will try to help you as best we can.

Peace,

Cat