Highly Addicted to Loperamide..
    BBarnett22 is offline New Member

Default Highly Addicted to Loperamide..

Hello Guys,
    I am new here.. I just want to share my story and possibly get advice.. I will be very brief.
    I got hooked on pain medicine when I was eighteen working at McDonalds. I didnt start out slow at all, loved the first Hydrocodone I did better than anything else in this world. Went almost straight into heavier drugs and worse ways to get them into my body. Overdosed at the age of 20. Been to Rehab three times, have relapsed three times. Went from using strong, very strong pain medicine to getting hooked to Suboxone and Subutex due to not beeing able to pay massive prices for clinic visits ever week. Started abusing suboxone at the age of 23 btw. A year ago I ran across a bunch of forums stating how "awesome and amazing" Loperamide was at completely getting rid of withdrawals and if you are an addict like I am withdrawals are what you are most afraid of.. Not family, not the police.. You as an addict chase drugs because of withdrawals. Simply put. Thats the way I am at least. But anyways im getting off topic, I was about three good days into a cold turkey binge feeling like I needed to go to the ER when I learned about Loperamide. Was really afraid to take as high of a dose as people stated but I did. I ate fourty of the two mg pills. All withdrawals gone, mind blown.
    Long story short is that I am now addicted to Loperamide, and have been for over a year. I cant go a full day without taking it before I start withdrawals.
    I have been to the ER around five times in the last year because loperamide (after you take it for an extended amount of time) causes your heart to go into ahhrythmatic patterns leading to ventricular tachycardia and I have had to have cpr performed on me one of those times I took the ambulance ride to the hospital.
    Broke all my ribs to get me back to life.
    All because of: massive amounts of stop pooping medicine. Try explaining that to a guy that just saved your life while you have a breathing tube shoved down your throat.

Im done, I cant do it anymore.
    I need help, I took my last dose of loperamide yesterday evening and im already feeling anxiety and restlessness.

My wife is going to drive me an hr and fourty five minutes away to get me some kratom.
    Have never tried it but have heard great things about it so im going to try to use it to stave the withdrawals a little bit while I get rid of the loperamide in my system.
    I have an extremely huge tolerance to any opiates.. If you have to take almost 200 loperamide tabs to just feel better your tolerance is very high.
    Would I have to wait until I am in extreme withdrawal to even feel the krarom and how much should I start off with taking and the best way to take it?
    I need experienced kratom users to ring in.

Thanks for caring guys,
    Love your forum.
    For anyone that thinks about using loperamide for >>>>>> or pain pill abuse... Dont. Its deadly.

Sincerely,
    BBarnett22
    TN

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum.

Just as you made a mistake taking masses doses of Loperamide/Imodium, your about to make another one if you begin consuming Kratom. No judgement as I've been down that long road and no where it ends. It's just as addictive as any opiate. And once you begin using it your tolerance goes up just as it does with any opiate. Kratom is nothing but garbage in my opinion. Sure I tried it too, more than once when I was withdrawing from my drug of choice at the time. Horrible, horrible stuff that will give wd's if you stop it cold turkey. Theres no magic cure for addiction my friend. I've already looked for them all.

If I were you I would attempt to either get off the Loperamide either by CT or tapering if you can. Maybe try reducing your dose by 3-4 pills every 4 or so days until your down to 1-2 pills per day then jump. If you simply can't taper (many can't because of the enormous amount of self control it takes) then try jumping and hang on. You'll have around a week of stiff symptoms then the days will begin to get better.

But theres no way in H*LL you could ever get me to try Kratom again. Your call of course. Just my advice and opinions based on experience.

Randy

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

BTW - The DEA will be labeling Kratom a Scheduled 1 drug as of the end of this month/ early October 2016.

They have been investigating this stuff for a long time.

Randy

Thanks for the insight, and I am very aware of the government wanting to control kratom. I have tried cold turkey and weening many times off this stuff. The thing is loperamide is very lethal to your heart, it will eventually kill me. Kratom is safer abeit it may be addictive if I use very minute doses it will control my withdrawals the next few weeks and make the jump from loperamide easier. I still need some more experienced kratom users to chime in but thanks for your insight Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnett22 View Post
    Thanks for the insight, and I am very aware of the government wanting to control kratom. I have tried cold turkey and weening many times off this stuff. The thing is loperamide is very lethal to your heart, it will eventually kill me. Kratom is safer abeit it may be addictive if I use very minute doses it will control my withdrawals the next few weeks and make the jump from loperamide easier. I still need some more experienced kratom users to chime in but thanks for your insight Randy.
    I would recommend staying away from drugs that aren't prescribed by your doctor, he knows your medical history best and can advise you on what is safe and what is not. The only drugs you should probably consider are an anti-diarrheal that ISN'T Loperamide or an Opioid and to add something like Clonidine to suppress your sympathetic nervous system to get rid of the excess adrenaline that the WD's cause, it can also reduce anxiety from the WD and assist you in sleeping, and it will also reduce sweating if that's an issue for you.

I'm not a doctor, however doing my undergrad in the sciences..REGARDLESS of my knowledge, it doesn't take a genius to tell you that you really need to get off that medication - it's clearly destroying your heart!

If you absolutely must, you could talk to your doctor about adding a long acting Benzodiazepine if insomnia and other WD issues are breaking through the Clonidine (assuming your doctor agrees it's a good choice for your tapering/cessation of Loperamide.
    You could expect to be given either Clonazepam or Diazepam for no more than a week to avoid issues with dependency. (trade names: Klonopin or Valium). I've never personally had an issue with using Benzos when I took them as directed for a legitimate reason SHORT TERM, but I wouldn't recommend going straight to them as everyone reacts differently. The Clonidine is a good baseline to try to ease your symptoms if you're serious about quitting and probably saving your life! Don't give up!

Thanks for the insight.
    As I said previously I have tried many times to go through withdrawal cold turkey and assisted with various different forms of medication. I have clonidine left from the last time an ER physician prescribed it to me to assist me, clonidine did not help with sleep, sweating, hot flashes.. It did however help me black out and fall straight ontop of a mop bucket. It dropped my bp significantly (which I know it's supposed to do) but the medicine in general did not help with the rls or any other symptoms. I didnt sleep at all during that time. The most miserable periods in my life, as sad as this sounds, is when I was trying to go cold turkey. I know I need to at least taper or be put on some kind of maintenance as how much I use and where I have been using daily for what seems like forever now my tolerance is very high and the withdrawals are about as bad as anyone could have.

hanker is offline Junior Member

Default You Still Here?

Where did you go, Barnett? I see that's it been a month since you posted and it sounded like you were in some deep sh*t and going thru hell.

I spent many days/month/years with lomatil, myself, so I just wanted to send out the search party on you.

Hanker

BTW, I guess I'm the only addict on the face of who has never heard of...kromitin? Hold up, let me look back and see what's it's called. Kratom. Clueless...

yupster123 is offline New Member

Hey guys, just made an account on here to give some friendly advice. If you have never heard of ibogaine before I strongly suggest checking it out. It has the ability to eliminated all withdrawal in a matter of hours to nearly any drug, especially opiates. It is legal in Canada. If you have friends there I would suggest having them purchase some online, and then either visiting them to acquire it or some other method. I am not sure how it would be obtainable legally in the states but I truly hope you are able to find some. Note about dosing - start off low, such as a gram, and increase the dosage as to prevent taking too much. A full dose is typically around 16 grams but everyone is different and it depends on your mental health and physical health so it's safer to start very small and increas incrementally. It's always better to buy the rootbark rather than ground up powder, unless the powder is an extract.