Hoping the end is near
    Lee3839 is offline New Member

Default Hoping the end is near

Day 5 of quiting cold turkey started off in complete hell. Started feeling sick with flu like symptoms tired as hell very little sleep, and my legs were still hurting but not as bad ! Took some advice from my previous post and went running which helped. I'll be honest I about caved and took a couple . I decided not to and went to work which I'm glad did because most of the symptoms went away. Minus the extreme fatigue and cravings! Flushed the pills to avoid the temptation now just hoping that things start to get better. How long does this process usually take until you start feeling human again, and any recomodations on the fatigue. Energy drink energy pills or just stay away from that?

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Lee and Welcome,

The worst of the physical is behind you. You'll have mood swings, sleep takes a bit to get back to normal and the fatigue is exhausting (excuse the pun). Eat as healthy as you can and get as much exercise as you can. It's amazing how much this helps to speed things along and let's face it, it's just a healthy thing to do. I'll be honest (always am) you probably have another week ahead of you where sleep will be difficult. Stay away from any benzos at this point. Try Melatonin and/or Sleepy Time Tea. Both over the counter and even if they don't improve your sleep, they just might help to relax you. The cravings. Keep your mind occupied and start to change up habits. If you think about it, you probably have a pattern of when you would likely use. Begin to do other things. For instance, first thing in the morning was always a time I'd reach for my first dose. Instead, I get right out of bed without trying to go back to sleep and get myself a cup of coffee. I put the news on and check my email. The theory is that it takes 21 days of repeating an action for it to become a habit. Idle time was always the worst for me. When I felt a craving, I'd hop into my car and get somewhere so I'd be with people. Good, clean people. Talking and laughing would take my mind off of it. It won't take long and they will come less frequently and will pass more quickly.

Stay strong and know that you will begin to improve a little every day now. It's a great time to begin to really take care of yourself and create a new healthy you in mind and spirit.

Peace,

Cat

crazyfrog is offline Banned

The key here is to suk it up and lets the days go by. Forget everything. Just let time pass. And cut off all connections to the pills. Of you dont, i swear you will go back.

Lee3839 is offline New Member

Thanks cat and crazy frog . Actually today " day 6" went pretty good . A little tired but not to bad . I cut the connection yesterday and went running two miles the last to nights . I actually got a good night sleep to . Going running tonight to It wears me out and helps with a lot of the issues! So thanks for your help and I'll keep on trucking. Or as crazy fog says I'll suck it up! Thanks

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lee3839 View Post
    Thanks cat and crazy frog . Actually today " day 6" went pretty good . A little tired but not to bad . I cut the connection yesterday and went running two miles the last to nights . I actually got a good night sleep to . Going running tonight to It wears me out and helps with a lot of the issues! So thanks for your help and I'll keep on trucking. Or as crazy fog says I'll suck it up! Thanks
    Hey lee. Yeah... exercise does wonder. Im 11 months clean and cringe at the thought of popping pills. The misery it gave me while i CT.lol. never again. I got hooked on lifting weights, its almost as good as the hydro high. I get excited when my workout is near. Ive build weight and muscle and looking good! You r still early into it, so be carefull. At your stage its easy to givebin still. Only time gives you the will power to stay clean. Once you hit 1 month, you will ve your old self. Then the more monyhs you put, life goes back to normal. These pills eff u up.