Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Martelena
how can I manage staying off of benzodiazepines and opiates successfully
    Martelena is offline New Member

Default how can I manage staying off of benzodiazepines and opiates successfully

I am a 36yr old female. I am an addict. Benzos and opiates combined are my drugs of choice. I work in emergency medicine and have suffered tremendous losses in the last two years. I was very successful and accomplished during the ten years I used daily. I lost my job, my apartment and even suffered a severe burn requiring skin graft surgery due to my use. I have not been physically dependant on any narcotics for about a year and four months. However, I admit I do continue to use occasionally. About every couple months. I don't have many resources to use and don't have any contacts except one or two people who use. I am having the hardest time to say the least of just not picking up at all. I do go to a therapist and a psychiatrist to help work through all of my uncomfortable feelings but apparently it hasn't been successful. Is there anyone who shares the same scenario as myself? Any suggestions?
    Ming23 likes this.

Martelena is offline New Member

Additionally, I had an extremely heavy habit. Used about ten 30mg roxy/ day and about 2-4mg xanax per day.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martelena View Post
    I am a 36yr old female. I am an addict. Benzos and opiates combined are my drugs of choice. I work in emergency medicine and have suffered tremendous losses in the last two years. I was very successful and accomplished during the ten years I used daily. I lost my job, my apartment and even suffered a severe burn requiring skin graft surgery due to my use. I have not been physically dependant on any narcotics for about a year and four months. However, I admit I do continue to use occasionally. About every couple months. I don't have many resources to use and don't have any contacts except one or two people who use. I am having the hardest time to say the least of just not picking up at all. I do go to a therapist and a psychiatrist to help work through all of my uncomfortable feelings but apparently it hasn't been successful. Is there anyone who shares the same scenario as myself? Any suggestions?
    Martelena!
    Happy New Year.
    You say you haven't been narcotics-dependent in 16 months but you occasionally indulge. Your question is How to stay off the drugs.
    Slap your hand when you reach for it. Smack yourself in the head. Get some vitamins. Go to AA or NA. Tell people of your struggle to stay off the drugs.
    Change your lifestyle. Decide. You have not made a commitment if you're using recreational narcotics. You say the job and home are gone. Drugs are costly.
    Be determined to change your circumstances. Watch your thoughts. Be honest with your feelings.
    Make a commitment to stay away from things that hurt you.
    Help someone else. Get involved in something that will make you feel proud of yourself. Volunteer if you like.
    The New Year can be a new beginning. Good luck to you on your journey. Try not to make the same mistakes twice! LOL