Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Justwantoffopiates
How far will 3 8mg subs get me?
    Justwantoffopiates is offline New Member

Default How far will 3 8mg subs get me?

I aquired 3 8mg subs on monday. Stopped full blown wds in 30 mins. (Quick history....up to 200+mgs oxycodone per day for 2 years, ready to be done) i have a slumber party to host on Saturday. Im trying to make sure i have at least 2mgs left for that day, but my ? Is....will the worst have passed by then so i can function somewhat normally? I can't get more untill my 1st clinic appt the 4th
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justwantoffopiates View Post
    I aquired 3 8mg subs on monday. Stopped full blown wds in 30 mins. (Quick history....up to 200+mgs oxycodone per day for 2 years, ready to be done) i have a slumber party to host on Saturday. Im trying to make sure i have at least 2mgs left for that day, but my ? Is....will the worst have passed by then so i can function somewhat normally? I can't get more untill my 1st clinic appt the 4th
    How much sub did you take in mg? Be careful until you get some advice here.

Peace,

Cat

I took 1-8mg monday, 1/4 of an 8mg last night and i just took 1/4 of an 8mg now because i need to be well saturday for my daughter. Mind you...I'm coming off of anywhere between 150-200+ mgs of oxycocone daily, (more if i had it),so my tollerance is high.
    Catrina likes this.

I took 1-8mg monday, 1/4 of an 8mg last night and i just took 1/4 of an 8mg now because i need to be well saturday for my daughter. Mind you...I'm coming off of anywhere between 150-200+ mgs of oxycocone daily, (more if i had it),so my tollerance is high.
    Glad you didn't repeat dosing at 8mg. There is no possible way that you will need that much sub. The half life is very long. So long as you can manage try to stay with the 2mg/day and see how you do. I know you mentioned how much oxy you were using. I rarely have seen anyone here needing more than 3 or 4mg/day no matter how much and of what they were using (except perhaps methadone).

It's important to remain consistent with the same dose and dosing at the same time everyday. Check in here often and if you're symptoms become unmanageable, let's figure something out. You should be OK on WAY less than 8mg/day. When you do see your sub doctor, listen to him/her, get your script and come back here for guidance. By that time if you keep taking only a couple mg/day it should be easy to get you at the lowest possible dose and keep you from symptoms. Doctors prescribe insane doses and they will only make you feel worse. Less is more with sub. Weird but very true.

Peace,

Cat

Sorry....that didn't make sense. I took 1/4 now because i woke up feeling like wds are hitting again. I started taking 1/4 because i need to be well for saturday, so i need them to last. Hoping to get at least 1 or 2 more before then, but it's not looking good. What are the chances what i have will get me through saturday night? I also have 30mgs methadone, but how long after the subs do i have to wait for it to work....incase the subs don't get me to/through saturday. Also, which is better....tablets under the tounge our strips? Thank you for any knowledgeable help! I don't want to.have to resort to the latter to be functioning for my daughter, but as parents, we do what we have to
    Catrina likes this.

Sorry....that didn't make sense. I took 1/4 now because i woke up feeling like wds are hitting again. I started taking 1/4 because i need to be well for saturday, so i need them to last. Hoping to get at least 1 or 2 more before then, but it's not looking good. What are the chances what i have will get me through saturday night? I also have 30mgs methadone, but how long after the subs do i have to wait for it to work....incase the subs don't get me to/through saturday. Also, which is better....tablets under the tounge our strips? Thank you for any knowledgeable help! I don't want to.have to resort to the latter to be functioning for my daughter, but as parents, we do what we have to
    Tablets or strips. Doesn't really matter do long as you use them correctly. When you begin your taper and get to tiny doses, most report the strips are easier to cut. Remember that the half life of those subs is very long. See what the day brings on those 2mg.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you, Cat. This is all new to me. I THOUGHT my pm clinic was going to have my back weaning me, but I was SO WRONG. Worst clinic ever. The wds were HORRIBLE timing and I had to do something, so.i got these from an acquaintance....who said i needed a whole one! I felt great other than not being able to sleep and a headache, but was afraid of running out. So 2mgs 1x a day should be good? What if i start feelimg like wds are hitting? I took 2mgs about 6 pm and just woke up feeling not so great, which is why i took 2 just now. That's been 12 hrs. Can i add....it's kind of lame that the sub clinic makes you wait a week to get in! I was wishing I was dead when i called, and they said no way for 8 days! That just seems crazy to me. All my pm clinic wanted to offer was clonodine, which already has me so dizzy I need to stay away from my stairs!

So.there is a "friend " tab.....how does that work amd could.i add you for future advice or ?'s? How would i do it?

Seems like you've gotten some decent advice already - but I have something important to add: You really shouldn't be mixing Methadone with subs, it's dangerous even though Buprenorphine will probably displace the Methadone. You're playing with fire.