How long do I have to be clean before I can take naltrexone?
    Hoey6797 is offline New Member

Default How long do I have to be clean before I can take naltrexone?

I've been on Suboxone for 4 years ..!! I'm taking about 1/8 of a 8mg strip a day. I have 50m naltrexone pills I wanna start taking them cuz I want off the subs. I heard you had to be 7 days clean before you can take it but I'm not sure can someone help me?

Toby3610 is offline Member

To be honest I have no idea. I do know that Suboxone is a long lasting opiate. Anywhere from 12 up to 36 hours. I have seen somewhere that it can be stored in your system to. If you have been on them for years it may take awhile. I would check with a Doctor and have a look at the COWS sheet to see were your at with withdrawals. I can't give anymore advice than that. Good luck.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoey6797 View Post
    I've been on Suboxone for 4 years ..!! I'm taking about 1/8 of a 8mg strip a day. I have 50m naltrexone pills I wanna start taking them cuz I want off the subs. I heard you had to be 7 days clean before you can take it but I'm not sure can someone help me?

Hello Hoey -

When switching from a full agonist opiate such as Vicodin or Oxy for example you have to wait between 7-10 days before starting the Naltrexone. This is to avoid any potential precipitated wd's. And believe me when I tell you that you want to AVOID them at all costs.

But Suboxone (Buprenorphine) is a partial agonist opiate and not in the same catagory as the others. Sitll it's best to wait at LEAST 4-7 days to again, avoid the potential PWD's.

Here's the link to this sites info concerning Naltrexone -

https://www.drugs.com/pro/naltrexone.html

Read over it carefully and make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom so you understand all that matters to you.

Now just because you have the Naltrexone doesn't mean you have to use it in my opinion. You're on 1mg of sub per day right now you said (1/8 of 8mg). I myself would be more inclined to begin tapering the sub down to at least .25mg instead of using the Naltrexone. I would reduce your dose by 25% every 4-7 days per our sub tapering plan used here by most everyone. Used it myself and now clean.

Just my thoughts and hope this helps.

Randy

Hoey6797 is offline New Member

Thank you guys I jump off sub 5 days ago I feel pretty good except for the back pain and the RLS at night..!! how long do you think that's gonna last? I see light there is know turning back..!! Sub turned on me I use to wake up in the morning and I hated life until I took that piece of Suboxone..!!

Toby3610 is offline Member

Hey,
    Hope the restless leg and sore back have settled. How have you been?