Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By Randy35
How long now before jump?
    260shooter is offline New Member

Default How long now before jump?

If you read my other thread I tried to CT from 2mg of Subutex. I was never on a stable dose, and with kids, I would sometimes take 8mg at once, on weekends just for extra energy. I have taken .5mg of Subutex now for over 2 weeks. I went and got another script, but I'm still taking the 3 I had left. I'm making 4mg last 5 days. I don't feel energized, but WDs are very low. Hire long on. 5 should I jump? I have the Thomas recipe, and have been taking, potassium, b6, multivitamin, and have LTysorine rtg. I can't afford to miss more work, and don't wanna jump too soon, but not wait too long either. Its been 11yrs on Subutex only. How long on .5?

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I completed my taper last month. Including the time it took to taper off (11 months), I'd been taking Subutex for almost 8 years. So, are you stable at .5 mg per day? Are you experiencing any WD symptoms?

Maybe I misunderstood: you said you're taking .5 mg per day, but then said you're making 4 mg last 5 days. That's more like .8 mg per day. Just need to clarify.

After 11 years, the absolute best thing to do is take it SLOW and taper as low as possible. Trying to rush through your taper will backfire. I've seen it happen many, many times. A proper taper requires patience. I reduced my dose every 2 weeks during my taper. I tapered all the way down to .15 mg, then I started the "skip days" as recommended by the taper plan, then jumped off. The first week was the hardest, but it was manageable. Second week was better. I'm now 32 days clean and feel much better!

How did you taper down to .5 mg? Meaning, how long did you wait between drops and how much did you drop each time? Let me know and we'll help you from here.

Are you familiar with the taper plan by Robert_325? It's the gold standard around here. Most of us have used it to get off Sub successfully, and with minimal discomfort.

I'll check back soon for your reply.
    Kat

260shooter is offline New Member

Yes I'm familiar. I jumped from 2mg, a few weeks ago, and only took .10-.15mg per day. It was heck for 10 days, where I then skipped 2 days. Missed a week of work and got another script. I'm gonna try to start skipping a day here and there, and when I said half a pill for a week, it wasn't clear. I am doing .25mg twice daily. The 10 days of low doses and skipping got me to where I am now, though it was heck. I took clonidine, but had no support and just laid around. I hope to jump within the month. Just looking for more support. I am stable at .5mg with WD minimal, like 13 on the chart for WDs and symptoms.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 260shooter View Post
    Yes I'm familiar. I jumped from 2mg, a few weeks ago, and only took .10-.15mg per day. It was heck for 10 days, where I then skipped 2 days. Missed a week of work and got another script. I'm gonna try to start skipping a day here and there, and when I said half a pill for a week, it wasn't clear. I am doing .25mg twice daily. The 10 days of low doses and skipping got me to where I am now, though it was heck. I took clonidine, but had no support and just laid around. I hope to jump within the month. Just looking for more support. I am stable at .5mg with WD minimal, like 13 on the chart for WDs and symptoms.
    The absolute best thing you can do for yourself is follow the taper plan from here on out. There is no need to endure feeling like sh!t. Get good and stable at .5 mg. Scoring a 13 on the COWS scale isn't exactly "stable". After 11 years, you're gonna have to be patient. I know you want off ASAP, but for the sake of not feeling awful all the time, follow the plan.

Once you're sure you completely stable, only drop 25% or less from now on. You're gonna need to spend a while at each dose before reducing again. You should taper as low as you can. Skipping days "here and there" right now is only going to make you feel miserable. You need to be consistent with your dosing. Since you're splitting your current dose in half, each dose needs to be at least 8-10 hours apart. This will help get you stable. Take your doses at the same time(s) every day. It's important.

Is there a reason why you don't want to follow the taper plan? It's your choice how to proceed from here. But if you want to get through this with as little discomfort as possible, you should follow the aforementioned advice. Like I said earlier, I was on Sub for 8 years. Getting off this stuff after long term use is tough, but the plan makes it possible.

We're here to help and support you. All the best...
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I completely agree with Kat. If you want the LEAST amount of problems then follow the plan closely. If you skip days between doses then you will have an uneven amount of sub in your system at different times. The sub levels will fluctuate as your body attempts to adjust to a "missing" dose. You will fell ok one day, but the next you may feel lousy. Not what you want.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.