• 1 Post By asp44
  • 1 Post By thefigurehead
  • 1 Post By MamaByrd
  • 3 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By MamaByrd
How much longer?
    MamaByrd is offline New Member

Default How much longer?

I am a mother if 2 wonderful boys. Everyday I wake up and say " I can do anything for my kids" I'm on day 4 of no pain pills. I went through withdrawl before and it was horrible. Thankfully this time isnt anything like it was last time. How much longer do I have to deal with all this? I have no energy to do anything. I been taking vitamins and drinking energy shots but it wears off after an hour or so. I always heard it takes 3 days to make a habit and 7 days to break a habit. I'm not really wanting them. I got my mind set. I'm not going to break weak. Just want to be normal again. My addiction was nothing like last time. I tried to keep it under control. After surgery I just kept wanting more pain pills and finally said I'm headed back to where I was before and I refuse to allow that happen again. I stopped before it got any worse. I have an order of L-Tyrosine in the mail headed for me to hopefully help. I take a few other vitamins as well. At night and sometime during the day I take klonopin to help with the leg crawling. I'm being very careful so I don't change one addiction for another. I had a few clonidine I used at night but took the last one last night. I was told day 3 was the worse so its time to stop with the other medications anyways. Only problem I'm really having is leg crawling and pain and no energy. When will I feel normal again? Also some may laugh at me but I was only doing 40mg Norco a day. Sometimes 50. Last thing I took was 30mg Percocet a day. Then I was done. I cold turkey becauae I'm not good at tapering down. Any advice, options, how much longer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I just joined after reading others post for 3 days straight. I'm not sure if I set everyrhing up correctly or how I'm suppose to know if someone comments on my post.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey mama. Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting clean. The worst of the symptoms hit around days 4-6 and after that you'll start gradually feeling better. After that you'll probably have some mental stuff to deal with. (Depression, anxiety, etc) Everyone heals differently so I don't want to give you too much of a timetable to look at (sorry, I know that's all I wanted when I was where you were) I will tell you that this is temporary and it's a process. You'll have good days and bad days. But the good ones will start coming more frequently and the bad ones will diminish. Eventually they'll all be good!!

The main thing is to take it one day at a time. Don't look too far into the future and worry about time tables. You can do this!!

Have you seen the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal? It will help you through this. Be careful with the benzos, like you said you don't want to trade one for the other.

Keep posting. This place is amazing and all these great members will help you through this process. Get on here and let it all out, post, whine, scream, whatever you need to do. We are all here for you!!!

Congratulations again and welcome!!!
    Beef
    thefigurehead and MamaByrd like this.

Thank you so much for your reply. Everyday seems to be better its just at night. I thought long amd hard about joinging this forum. Its easier to talk to the ones thats been there or are there. I did see the thomas thing. That's why I started vitamins ans getting L-Tyrosine. I have issues stay asleep and today seemed a little grumpy. Probably because of no sleep. I'm not having cravings which is amazing and I have a great support group. Best thing to help get thru this. Every morning and night I repeat to myself I can do anything for my kids. I done this before after I broke my back in 2013. I got MAJOR addicted. That's possibly why I didnt let it get so bad this time. Probably why the symptoms ain't as bad. Just annoying. I had a molar pregnancy in June and had surgery and became very depressed. Then January I had surgery to remove my appendix and a cyst on my ovary and found out I had endometriosis. I see now I was using my back pain because I also have ruptured disc and now these issues to justify my abuse. I learned to handle the pain before and I can again. I been trying to make myself get up and do more and I know that will help get energy going as well. I just want to be better for my children. I'm embarrassed amd ashamed of myself for letting this happen again but proud that I didnt let it get out of control like last time. My Dr is always trying to get me back in pain management amd I tell them no. Even if you take the medicine as directed you get addicted. Thats what happened back when I hurt my back. I have been googling and reading forums and decided I would join to make my own and see what advice or opinions or thoughts anyone could give for my certain situation. I'm a SAHM and full time online college student so at least I can try to lay up as much as possible until it passes. I just can't remember how it was last time. But again thank you for the response and encouragement.
    thefigurehead likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey mama, unfortunately these relapses happen. Its happened too many on here. I am on day 5 of yet again another oxy detox! Ugh no fun. I honestly don't think I have another detox in me, so I'm doing a few different things this go around. The first is going to see a addiction therapist Friday. The second is telling my doc NO MORE!! I tried to do this on my own with no luck way to many times. This is going to be my last dance with those nasty things. Anyway, you will get through this very soon. Take care.
    MamaByrd likes this.

Thank you and best of luck to you! I wish you all the best.

thefigurehead is online now Member

Hi MamaByrd -

I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the site. Sounds like you are a very determined person, which is great for getting off pills. One thing I recommend you try for the crazy legs at night is Hyland's Leg Cramp PM. There is also a similar product called Restful Legs, but it isn't a night only OTC med. Also, have you tried melatonin? I take 6 mg of fast dissolve melatonin each night. Take it about 30 minutes before bed, then make sure your room is dark and a bit cool. Works for me.

You are in the homestretch now... keep posting when you can.

Tim

I have done melatonin before. My main issue is I suffer from insomnia anyways lol. Right now I made myself get up and walk around outside. Get some fresh air and hopefully make myself tired. I can't believe I'm waking up to day 5 tomorrow. I know it may not seem like a big achievement to some but to me it is everything. I have actually had it pretty easy this time. No cravings. No slip ups. I just look at my kids everyday and night and they give me ever motivation I need. I tell them all the time that I truly need them more then they need me sometimes lol.my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 1. I have lost so much weight from my surgeries that I posted about below and I'm sure taking the pills added to that problem. Also this weekend once I'm a week detoxed I plan to quit smoking. That will help gain my weight back as well. I just didn't want to do both at once. Too much on my body and fearful that I would relapse. Like I have stated many times. I can do anything for my kids. I was scared that with my health I was going to end up dead one day. Because every addict either dies or they stop. I decided to stop. I have 2 wonderful boys that need their mother. Need her in the beat health she can. You can look at pictures of me when I was clean and pictures of me now after 2 surgeries and abusing the drugs and nobody recognizes me. Everyone that doesnt know about the pills say it's because I'm sick. That was true until I started on the pills again. Then it was both. I would justify my use and that's when I seen the same signs as before. This is my second time coming off pain pills. This is my last time. I got too much to look forward to. Watching my kids grow. In in school for Human Resource Management. I got a wonderful man of 7 years that one day when I quit getting cold feet ill finally let my daddy give me away. If I conti he none of that will happen. I cant loose my career, my future, and more importantly my family. I'm so glad I decided to make this thread. I know many people are quick to judge. But everyone has been so supportive and encouraging and it truly has helped me so much. I was just feeling down till I seen I had another reply. People giving me advice and opinions and their own personal experience have gave me hope and even more determination. I want to thank every single person. It really means a lot. It shows that your not the only one going through this or been through this. That everyone is willing to help another succeed. That's what this world needs more of!

Good morning mama. Although i see youve been burning up the boards all night. Lol. Been there done that. Sleep will balance out, i know you said you suffer from insomnia. So im sure its hit and miss for you at best. For that i am sorry. I know for me a hot long shower or bath followed by valerian root washed down with a strong cup of sleepy time tea really helped me out. Sometimes id fall asleep, sometimes not. But it would at least mellow me out. During my detox from subs I had soooo many sleepless nights and it just makes it brutal.

I think I read you're gonna quit smoking. That's awesome. I did the same thing. One day they just tasted like I was licking an ashtray. Had a few hiccups and bought a pack or two during the process, but I made it. I'd just say on that don't rush it. You'll know when you're ready to slay that monster.

Also, try to stick to one thread, it can just get confusing to people. Different posts, times, locations of threads and whatnot. It just makes it easier to keep all your posts in one place. Just keep them here and the other threads will eventually wash away to the archives.

You're doing great!! Keep up the good work!!
    One at a time, you're doing this!!!
    Beef

(I see you're a fellow Georgian, I'm up in Ellijay. Gotta love the apples!!)

MY youngest kept me up most of the night. The other 2 nights it was my oldest. I believe I would feel so much better if I got some really good sleep. Since the oldest is at school maybe I can toss in a nap somewhere.

Thanks for the advice on the keep it in one place. Im new and still trying to figure it all out. To be honest I spent a lot of time looking for the forums lol. I think I figured out now how to find them haha.

I had quit smoking before and I let stress get to me after my youngest was born and stupid enough I started back. I do pretty good with the patch. I know its a cheat but it had me not smoking for almost 2 years or more so I would rather have that little cheat for the big victory. I thought I was going to do both at once... yea that wasnt a great idea lol.

Yes I love my state of GA, Born and raised. Im over between commerce and Athens.
    I can do anything when it comes to my kids

Hey mama. How we feeling today??