Been on these things for about six months now... I slipped my L2 in my back, and after taking the Vicodin\Perc route my Dr reccomended this "non narcotic" "non addictive" pill called Tramadol. I'm not here to discuss how and why Dr's are able to tell patients they aren't addictive... it really doesn't matter - I just want off the pills.

I was taking about 6-8 a day for about 5 months, and then had the wonderful idea to try to get off them by getting a script of Norcos. When I ran out of Norcos, I went right back to the Trams... this was about three\four weeks ago. When I jumped back on the Trams, I was taking 4-6 daily.

Last week I decided that was going to stop. One day I took two... and then for the last 5 days I've taken one every 24 hours. Thursday is my last day to take a full one and I'm not sure what to do from there.

I was considering going down to a half for seven days, and then completely off. It's a rather aggresive taper, but I just don't have the patience to go to 3\4 for 7 days, then 1\2 for 7 days, then 1\4 for 7 days... I just want them out of my life.

I feel as though the worst of the w\ds may be over but alot of people say that going from a medium dose to a small dose is easier than a small dose to nothing. Truth is, some days I'm fine... happy, energetic, alert, I feel like my old self. Other days I'm fearful of the future, anxious, very negative in my head... and it's hard to know which me to expect when I wake up.

I've been meditating daily which helps, and trying to exercise daily too... that really really makes this process easier. It gets all those yummy happy chemicals going in our brains.

In any case, I'm curious what you guys think. I have several options. Friday I could just start taking 1\2 every 24 hours. Or I could take a full one, and make it absolutely as long as possible without taking the next full one. Be it 36-48 hours. I feel like this could work since I could sort of strategically plan to take one when I won't be able to exercise that day. I notice a huge different when I'm unable to find time to work up a sweat... the anxiousness is so much worse. On the other hand, I sort of like the idea of just going to 1\2 every 24 hours - and stay on that until I'm ready to go off... which I assume would be within seven days.

What should I expect? Surely 4-6 a day to 1 a day all of the sudden has to have worse withdrawals than 1 to 1\2, right? What do you think guys?