Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsMed
Hydro withdrawals...72 hours in
    MrsMed is offline New Member

Default Hydro withdrawals...72 hours in

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum but have been lurking for days. I am 72 hours into hydro withdrawals. It’s not my first time, but I want it to be my last. This time around I only used for a relatively short time, about 1 1/2 months. Compared to the other times I used for years straight. First time I got clean was 2005, and stayed clean for almost 10 years. Thought I had the monkey off my back and have “gotten off” pills 5 times since then. I feel like for some reason I dodged a bullet this time.I felt horrible around 36-48 hours in but this time (even though it’s been rough at times) has been the most tolerable. I am a wife and a mom and I have no choice but to get up and take care of my child. I’ve been pushing myself during those waves of feeling better. I suppose now that Ive hit 72 hours things will slowly start to improve physically but damn the mental part is bad! The depression and anxiety and so intense. Today I’ve only cried 4 times. I say only cause the last 3 days I felt like I never stopped crying. I’ve been through this so many times and I never want to do this again. My mind and body can’t take it again. I guess I am finally posting because I just need reassurance. Anything to make me see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for listening

OKC-26 is offline Member

Welcome here! You’re almost 4 full days in now? That’s awesome and congrats on making the jump!

By day 4 you should really start to turn the corner and start feeling better each and every day. I’m not saying that you will feel 100% or won’t have anymore tough days ahead, but things are so close to getting better for you! You’re doing awesome for making it this far already. Just stay hydrated and get food in you when you can. I know I didn’t feel like eating much so I picked up protein bars and made myself eat them. Your body needs nutrients to heal. You should also look up the Thomas recipe. A lot of people swear by it and say it helps a lot. Hot showers/baths always helped me relax and took away some of the body aches. Staying busy and keeping my mind occupied helped me get through it. If I sat around all day feeling sorry for myself, it made it worse. If I got up and cleaned house, went for a drive, took the long way home, anything to keep me from constantly thinking about the withdrawl I was going through. Stay postivive! You’ve come a long way already you should be proud of yourself!

Hey OKC! Thanks for the reply. As of right now I am at 111 hours clean. Later on this afternoon 5 full days. I am just struggling with mostly mental stuff. Physical stuff is pretty tolerable. Just weak as hell, and have the annoying yawns from time to time. I’ve been eating, forcible eating at times and drinking lots of water. I had a drug dream the other night. I forgot those were even a thing. I haven’t had a drug dream since the first time I got clean in 05. I appreciate the advice, doing my best to keep busy and not sit and think. We all know being in our head is not a nice place to be. I feel like the I made it to the light at the end of this miserable tunnel, but I also know that my body doesn’t just miraculously go back to normal on a given day either. I am being very realistic about this and I know it’ll be a little while till I feel 100%. I know the worst is behind me and if nothing else, that has put a smile on my face.
    Randy35 and OKC-26 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMed View Post
    Hey OKC! Thanks for the reply. As of right now I am at 111 hours clean. Later on this afternoon 5 full days. I am just struggling with mostly mental stuff. Physical stuff is pretty tolerable. Just weak as hell, and have the annoying yawns from time to time. I’ve been eating, forcible eating at times and drinking lots of water. I had a drug dream the other night. I forgot those were even a thing. I haven’t had a drug dream since the first time I got clean in 05. I appreciate the advice, doing my best to keep busy and not sit and think. We all know being in our head is not a nice place to be. I feel like the I made it to the light at the end of this miserable tunnel, but I also know that my body doesn’t just miraculously go back to normal on a given day either. I am being very realistic about this and I know it’ll be a little while till I feel 100%. I know the worst is behind me and if nothing else, that has put a smile on my face.
    Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on (just call it) 5 days clean. That's amazing for any addict.

You're doing the right things in eating and drinking plenty of fluids. Protein shakes are wonderful to give you a daily boost. I made them myself when detoxing and still drink one every morning even with 4 years clean. I use bananas, baby spinach leaves, blueberries, orange slices, a good protein powder, etc, etc, etc....whatever you like. They definitely make a difference.

Another thing that will help a tremendous difference is NA/AA support meetings. Most people don't believe they need that kind of help, and I'll always say they are just plain wrong and fooling themselves. Doesn't have to be NA/AA, it could be another of those type meetings or personal counseling, but face to face help makes such a difference that will help KEEP you clean. If you haven't already I hope you'll strongly consider going.

Again welcome and congrats,
    Randy

Hi Randy! Thanks also for replying. You are 100% right. When I had almost 10 years clean I was actively involved in AA and NA. I know that I have to do this different. I have to get professional or other help and support. I mean look at me! In the last 5 years I’ve relapsed, detoxed and then relapsed again 5 times. I’ve already reached out to a new doctor, since I’ve lost my insurance I found one here that takes uninsured people and doesn’t drain the bank. I know I need help to stay clean and I want my damn life back. This anxiety is brutal though. Not gonna lie. I think as of now it’s definitely the hardest part. I don’t remember it ever being this bad, but it won’t last forever. I’m done with this day to day bull>>>> of being a slave to drugs. I want my life back and I’m determined to do it right this time .