Hydrocodone/acetaminophen addict?
    Julie8667 is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone/acetaminophen addict?

Hi all. I'm new here. I've been on hydrocodon for 10+ years now. My dr prescribed it for fibromyalgia and rls. I originally started out on 5mg once at bedtime. I've obviously had to had my dosage increased over the years in order fir it to keep working. I was at 2 10/325 at night wth a third one prn for pain during the day. I was going to day I never abused it and only took it as prescribed, mostly. I have alot of trouble sleeping (obviously as its after 1 a.m. now) and I had been taking 2 every 2 hours through the night. As many as 8 in one night just desperate fir sleep and calm. My x anxiety over not sleeping was through the roof. Well in march I had to have 2 joints in my foot fused and a tendon transfer. I got absolutely NO pain relief with anything they gave meand I was in excruciating pain. I was very nearly hysterical with the pain. They have me morphine, percocet, dilautid. Nothing even touched it. Drs and nurses said it was bc I'd been on such a high dose of vicodin for way to long and that I had to stop taking it. I have weaned myself off of it but only bci have to have the same surgery on the other foot in Oct and I can't do it if I can't get pain control. I guess I'm in denial and I hear myself and how ridiculous this is going to sound. Am I really an addict? I did get off of it. But I still want it so bad, like now, just enough to numb me and put me to sleep. And what if im off of it but I still take like just one pill every now and then, like maybe twice last week. I have saved my last rx bc I'm afraid I'll need it after my surgery. Last time my dr wouldn't give me anymore than what I already had bc he said it was to much. Like I said rx was written for 3 a day. First couple weeks after surgery I was taking 2 10s every 4 hours. That helped my pain. Needless to say I ran out fast and dr wouldn't give me anymore so I went without pain med until I could fill my regular rx again. I get my vicodin from a different dr and my foot dr/surgeon was outraged at the amount he had me on. They fought about it. Anyway I have these pills saved upfor my upcoming surgery. Have I done enough toensure thell work for me this time? I pray to God they do. But I want one or 2 so bad right now. I'm always in pain, from my fibro. What am I supposed to do? And am I really an addict? I just want to be free of pain and able to sleep.

ExtraPoint is offline New Member

In my opinion, there is a fine, but definite line between dependence and addiction. I have gone through both with hydros, and to me, your post paints me a pic of dependence, not addiction, but I am no expert. Take care and be well.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Ohhh yeah. Definitely addicted. You were taking alot. Save yourself the misery of wd and stop now. Eventually docs stop prescribing. They get scared. It's the way it is.