Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiredandanxious15
Hydrocodone withdrawal
    Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

Default Hydrocodone withdrawal

I have been taking 10/325mg norcos for basically the last two years. I'll start the beginning of the month with four a day and by the end of the month that will be doubled and I'll run out before the end of the month. I took some on Friday 3 or 4 days ago to get through work and allowed the withdrawal symptoms to set in Friday night and all through Saturday. I saved two pills for a family event I had to go to on Sunday but I felt like they barely touched me and my withdrawals only went away for about and hour or two. It is now Tuesday and I haven't taken any since then. I somehow made it through work yesterday and am sitting at my desk now as I type. I haven't slept more than about four hours since Friday due to RLS and other typical symptoms. Can someone give me an accurate time table for hydrocodone withdrawal? I feel as though my physical symptoms might be getting slightly better today and Im praying for six hours of sleep tonight that my body desperately needs. My biggest issue is actually the anxiety screaming throughout body. I can get over the bathroom issues and not eating much if any might actually help me lose some weight. (Looking at positives) my girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship and I'm supposed to meet her in Chicago this weekend for Valentine's and I am hoping someone here can tell me I will be well enough by then to muster through? I could refill the day before I go but I really want these things out of my life.. I know there's a light on the other side as I have been clean for multiple weeks not too long ago..I just struggle staying on the path. I'm so down on myself for picking this back up when I had made it so far.. Idk how many more day ones I have left in me. Someone please reply.. I don't even care what you say at this point I just need a friend

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

Hydro withdrawal is very predictable. If you dosed last on Friday (2 on Sunday) you are around Day 4 and turning the corner. I have always felt significantly better on Day 5. The awful restless legs and aches abruptly disappeared during Day 5. If you're having diarrhea, that may stick around for a few more days but Immodium will keep it in check. What will remain for a bit longer is getting your sleep back to what you want it to be and lethargy. Both will hang around for a bit longer. Stay the course and you'll be fine over this next weekend. Probably dragging butt a little but you won't be uncomfortable. I have always been well enough to return to my daily life by Day 6 without any discomfort and I used far more than you for almost 20 years.

Cancel that refill. Especially getting ready to go away, that temptation will be great and I know you don't want to start this cycle all over again and face another detox in another few weeks.

Good luck and have a great weekend. Enjoy! You have the worst of the physical symptoms behind you so stay strong.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you Cat. It's weird how even if you've been through it before your body and brain forget that this task is very surmountable. Very difficult, but very surmountable. I appreciate you lending me your ear for a minute. The anxiety and depression is catching up with me so I needed the positivity. My girlfriend deserves more than the half of me she is getting. I just wish I could talk to her about it but I'm pretty sure she would leave me as she knew I had this problem in the past and would see it as me lying to her for months on end. Gosh I hate myself...
    Catrina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredandanxious15 View Post
    Thank you Cat. It's weird how even if you've been through it before your body and brain forget that this task is very surmountable. Very difficult, but very surmountable. I appreciate you lending me your ear for a minute. The anxiety and depression is catching up with me so I needed the positivity. My girlfriend deserves more than the half of me she is getting. I just wish I could talk to her about it but I'm pretty sure she would leave me as she knew I had this problem in the past and would see it as me lying to her for months on end. Gosh I hate myself...
    Hating yourself and beating yourself up is a waste of time and energy. Instead, be proud of the fact that you have managed to get this far. Sounds like you've been here before (countless times for me). One day at a time make this your last time. Before my last Day 1 seven years ago I had resigned myself to being an active addict for the rest of my life. What a hopeless place I was in. Even after putting myself through it many more times than I could count, I just kept falling and doing it again. Then the time came when I truly wanted it and was willing to do whatever it took to remain in recovery. Up until then, all the advice was just words. I thought I understood but I didn't...until I did.

Peace,

Cat

I do have one quick question at the moment.. Does anyone know of a way to make eating easier? Right now the only way I can stomach any food is after I get a few drinks in me, which isn't exactly what I need at this point lol. Thank you, I appreciate all responses.

Dawnyday is offline New Member

Hi there. I'm new here, but I just wanted to tell you that you're doing a great job and not to give up. It might be helpful to try eating something small and simple, such as crackers, toast, plain rice, something that you might eat if you were getting over the flu. There's the 'brat' diet- bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast- foods that are supposed to be easier on the stomach. Best of luck to you. And I hope you have a fantastic time with your girlfriend.

PS. Cat you were incredibly right about most of the physical symptoms falling off today. I'm not saying I'm 100% but dang, I feel much better being five days out.
    Catrina likes this.

Thank you dawnyday! I think I'll try the 'brat' diet until Friday and force myself to eat when I can? Hoping it will wake my stomach back up. I also already ate a granola bar today trying to get some fiber I really need haha.

I took a 2mg Imodium pill yesterday at lunch and after a few hours all my stomach problems seemed to go away. I could even eat a real meal last night with only a slightly strange feeling in my stomach. (pretty sure I'm just not used to solids passing through my intestines anymore) I just wanted to recommend it to people who may be reading this. It's been 24 hours and I still seem 'regulated' so I'm not going to take another unless needed. Has anyone else had such good results or is it because I'm almost a week out?
    Catrina likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Tired, I've been following your thread but haven't had a chance to comment yet. CONGRATS on almost a week!! It took me a bit longer before I could eat a real meal, so think it's great that your stomach issues are finally settling down. My guess would be that the worst of the physical symptoms are coming to an end for you, which is great!! I wouldn't push it too much, but think that any food you can get down is only going to help. I did the brat diet as I could through most of my taper withdrawals and jump as well. Keep hanging in there, and hopefully your days just get better and better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredandanxious15 View Post
    I took a 2mg Imodium pill yesterday at lunch and after a few hours all my stomach problems seemed to go away. I could even eat a real meal last night with only a slightly strange feeling in my stomach. (pretty sure I'm just not used to solids passing through my intestines anymore) I just wanted to recommend it to people who may be reading this. It's been 24 hours and I still seem 'regulated' so I'm not going to take another unless needed. Has anyone else had such good results or is it because I'm almost a week out?
    Yes! Immodium is a part of my regular spiel. It DOES work. Early into cold turkey, you may/probably have to dose multiple times a day but after Day 5, it gets better. You may still need it once in a while. Don't take it if you don't need it but if you do, take it as directed and it works!

Such good news. Good for you.

Peace,

Cat