Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By JC2004
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By JC2004
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By Autumnhopes
  • 1 Post By JC2004
  • 1 Post By JC2004
Hydrocodone Withdrawal-Insomnia And Burning Hot Skin
  1. #1
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Hydrocodone Withdrawal-Insomnia And Burning Hot Skin

    HI.I am JC

    I jumped off of Hydrocodone @ About 30-40 mg of A daily habit.

    My physical withdrawal is over but I am stuck with severe Insomnia and burning hot skin,and feet.

    When I start to drift off to sleep my body is jolted awake,and I get the burning skin feeling that seems to last forever.
    This happens every time that I try to sleep.I am getting real worried about this,because I have been through other opiate withdrawals without any of these symptoms.

    I am also having this inner body vibration off and on sometimes worse than others.

    How much longer can this insomnia go on?

    Has anyone else had these symptoms in there opiate withdraw?

    Thanks in advance
    Catrina likes this.

  2. #2
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC2004 View Post
    HI.I am JC

    I jumped off of Hydrocodone @ About 30-40 mg of A daily habit.

    My physical withdrawal is over but I am stuck with severe Insomnia and burning hot skin,and feet.

    When I start to drift off to sleep my body is jolted awake,and I get the burning skin feeling that seems to last forever.
    This happens every time that I try to sleep.I am getting real worried about this,because I have been through other opiate withdrawals without any of these symptoms.

    I am also having this inner body vibration off and on sometimes worse than others.

    How much longer can this insomnia go on?

    Has anyone else had these symptoms in there opiate withdraw?

    Thanks in advance
    Yes, I'm afraid that these symptoms are typical and hang around for a while after the acute detox has been completed. How long since you jumped? These persistent symptoms will usually bother you at different degrees for several weeks after you've detoxed. They dissipate gradually so that burning sensation will lessen both in intensity and length of time but it's gradual. Sometimes it'll be as bad as ever and other times it won't. Same deal with the insomnia. You'll go from broken/no sleep to being able to catch two or three hours and sometimes be able to go back to sleep and sometimes not. Then one night you'll sleep right through but the next day have trouble again. After a bit, the good nights will become more frequent with only an occasional bad night. Nothing to do but give it time. None of this is dangerous.

    You could try melatonin or valerian root to see if it will help you sleep. You can find either at most any grocery store, pharmacy, Walmart, etc and it's inexpensive. Take it at bedtime with a strong cup of Sleepy Time Tea. I used that and it didn't put me out but it did help me to relax and that alone made the overnight hours more comfortable.

    Keep fighting. This too shall pass.

    Peace,

    Cat
    JC2004 likes this.

  3. #3
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hi Cat.Thanks for replying.

    I jumped off Sept.02 2017 having the same symptoms that I mentioned above severe anxiety,the sweats,burning skin,and the Insomnia,only to relapse on Sept 08(using 55mg of Hydrocodone sept.8-10),because I felt that I could no longer take the symptoms.
    I feel like that I will lose my mind sometimes when I can't sleep for days.I find myself trying to force myself to sleep.Is that the wrong thing to do?
    On Sept 10th I stopped use again only to find myself where I left off with the burning skin,and Insomnia.

    Today is Sept.17 and I have got a few ours of sleep,but only with the help the sleep Aid Ambien.Using sleep medication like Ambien scares me,because I do not want to trade one withdrawal for another.
    I used Melatonin,and Quietudes both Natural sleep aids.I dozed off A couple of times had short dreams and back awake.

    I have been having episodes of where when I doze off to sleep,I automatically have rapid heart beat(or that what it feels like,and I jolted awake.This happens every time that I doze @every sleep attempt.This been A concern for me.I am not sure if this is a part of withdrawal,or if it might be something neurological.

    I do believe that I am becoming scared of my bed.

    Thanks again
    JC
    Catrina likes this.

  4. #4
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC2004 View Post
    Hi Cat.Thanks for replying.

    I jumped off Sept.02 2017 having the same symptoms that I mentioned above severe anxiety,the sweats,burning skin,and the Insomnia,only to relapse on Sept 08(using 55mg of Hydrocodone sept.8-10),because I felt that I could no longer take the symptoms.
    I feel like that I will lose my mind sometimes when I can't sleep for days.I find myself trying to force myself to sleep.Is that the wrong thing to do?
    On Sept 10th I stopped use again only to find myself where I left off with the burning skin,and Insomnia.

    Today is Sept.17 and I have got a few ours of sleep,but only with the help the sleep Aid Ambien.Using sleep medication like Ambien scares me,because I do not want to trade one withdrawal for another.
    I used Melatonin,and Quietudes both Natural sleep aids.I dozed off A couple of times had short dreams and back awake.

    I have been having episodes of where when I doze off to sleep,I automatically have rapid heart beat(or that what it feels like,and I jolted awake.This happens every time that I doze @every sleep attempt.This been A concern for me.I am not sure if this is a part of withdrawal,or if it might be something neurological.

    I do believe that I am becoming scared of my bed.

    Thanks again
    JC
    Detoxing from opiates can cause your heart to race. This may be causing you extra anxiety worrying about what's going on causing more racing. Vicious cycle. Just to be sure, it might be wise to see your doctor and have him do an EKG. Just to check.

    It's only been a week since you last took any pills so it's early and I'm not at all surprised that you are still having these symptoms. As far as the sleep goes, YES! Fighting with it is the worst thing you can do. I know how desperate we can become after a few nights of not being able to sleep but tossing and turning isn't going to help and will just cause your anxiety to escalate and having you focusing on the symptoms. I finally decided that I'd give myself 15 minutes to fall asleep (or fall back to sleep) and if it wasn't happening, I'd get up. Sometimes I'd go out into the family room and watch TV other times I'd turn the light on near my bed, put some pillows behind my back and either watch TV or read. I would also log onto this Forum and spend some time reading. That, I found, was the very best way to take my mind off of how I was feeling and would pass the time. Have you tried Melatonin or Valerian Root? Those do help some people get some sleep but they didn't do much in that department for me. I would take one with a cup of very strong Sleepy Time Tea at bedtime. It did help to relax me so at least I was comfortable. Obviously that was after the first five days when RLS was about ready to drive me all the way to Bonkers.

    Hang tough. This will pass with just a little more time. I think it was probably two or two and a half weeks before I was able to put a couple of hours of sleep together but then it began to improve. One night two hours, the next four, the next none, the next six. Nothing consistent for a while but I was grateful for anything I could get at that point and I bet you will be too. I always wanted the hard honest facts and I hope you're the same way. It was probably about a month before I was sleeping more consistently. I was taking much, MUCH more than you so it may not be that long for you. Just don't get discouraged because it will get better. I promise it will.

    Peace,

    Cat
    JC2004 likes this.

  5. #5
    Autumnhopes is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC2004 View Post
    Hi Cat.Thanks for replying.

    I jumped off Sept.02 2017 having the same symptoms that I mentioned above severe anxiety,the sweats,burning skin,and the Insomnia,only to relapse on Sept 08(using 55mg of Hydrocodone sept.8-10),because I felt that I could no longer take the symptoms.
    I feel like that I will lose my mind sometimes when I can't sleep for days.I find myself trying to force myself to sleep.Is that the wrong thing to do?
    On Sept 10th I stopped use again only to find myself where I left off with the burning skin,and Insomnia.

    Today is Sept.17 and I have got a few ours of sleep,but only with the help the sleep Aid Ambien.Using sleep medication like Ambien scares me,because I do not want to trade one withdrawal for another.
    I used Melatonin,and Quietudes both Natural sleep aids.I dozed off A couple of times had short dreams and back awake.

    I have been having episodes of where when I doze off to sleep,I automatically have rapid heart beat(or that what it feels like,and I jolted awake.This happens every time that I doze @every sleep attempt.This been A concern for me.I am not sure if this is a part of withdrawal,or if it might be something neurological.

    I do believe that I am becoming scared of my bed.

    Thanks again
    JC
    Hi JC
    I totally understand what you're going through I have been through it a couple of times while detoxing cold turkey and the anxiety and the lack of sleep is the last thing to get better..... For me the anxiety was very severe and lasted about close to three weeks but once it was past you're going to start feeling much much better so just hang in there and follow the advice of others on this forum they can give you a lot of great tips to help you get through it!! It's hard to relax but I found that even a little bit of exercise like going for a walk did help calm the anxiety a little bit..
    UncleLeo and JC2004 like this.

  6. #6
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnhopes View Post
    Hi JC
    I totally understand what you're going through I have been through it a couple of times while detoxing cold turkey and the anxiety and the lack of sleep is the last thing to get better..... For me the anxiety was very severe and lasted about close to three weeks but once it was past you're going to start feeling much much better so just hang in there and follow the advice of others on this forum they can give you a lot of great tips to help you get through it!! It's hard to relax but I found that even a little bit of exercise like going for a walk did help calm the anxiety a little bit..
    Hi Autumnhopes
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes the Anxiety,and insomnia are the worst!I took Melatonin last night,I didn't sleep,but felt very relaxed.
    Then 4am came and messed that up with some Anxiety.Alot of rolling around in the Bed,but I am glad that I stuck it out,because I did doze off between 7-9am.The only bad thing is the sleep was full of nightmares,and now I feel like I have been hit by A Bus.

    I too have been through this many times,but the Insomnia has never been this bad for me.I do feel like my Body is slowly healing,one symptom dropping off at A time.I plan on taking A walk today,and I hope for at least A little rest tonight as I have A drs. visit tomorrow.

    I am looking forward to the better days.
    Thanks again,JC
    Autumnhopes likes this.

  7. #7
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I am starting to get short bouts of sleep riddled with nightmares ,and strange dreams.The anxiety is still horrible at times.
    I had A pretty good day yesterday.I went out and bought A new Bed.I had a lot of energy and did A lot around the House.

    Now if I can just get better sleep and get rid of this Anxiety I should be good.

    JC

  8. #8
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Wow! I was getting A couple of hours sleep for the last few night.

    Last night was not the case,When I dozed off I got that hot skin feeling again(I thought that was over).

    I really thought I had turned A corner.
    I ended up taking A sleeping pill,which scare's me because I do not want to pick up another addiction.

    I really hope old symptoms are going to come back now.

    JC


    Is this Post dead already?

  9. #9
    JC2004 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hi Cat

    I am 19 days off opiates now.

    I was starting to feel better,but the other day I dosed 2.5 teaspoons of Kratom,and now A lot of my symptoms(sweating,anxiety,and nausea)have come back.

    Is this normal?

    I sure hope this goes away as quick as it came.

    Thanks,JC
    Catrina likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Please help - burning skin sensation Lortab withdrawal?
    By Vkjames in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 01:00 AM
  2. Insomnia - Opiate Withdrawal
    By Anonymous in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 08:55 AM
  4. seroquel withdrawal insomnia
    By badrugsgiven in forum Featured Drugs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2014, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22