I am a recovering addict and heres my story...
    Brian20 is offline New Member

Default I am a recovering addict and heres my story...

Hello all. Been a lurker of this forum for a while and I finally decided to sign up and share my story. Even if its with complete strangers that Ill never meet, it feels better than keeping all this inside.

So heres my story...

I'm a 30 year old white man from a good family. I graduated college, have always had friends and girlfriends and money; all this to say things arent and never really were "bad" for me. My "job" is that I'm a professional sports bettor. And I know what youre thinking; surrre. Well you know how they say 1% of all sports bettors make money. I'm in that 1%. I treat it like a business, pay taxes on it, and earn six figures a year solely from sports betting. Anyway, around 5 years ago, I was betting through a mutual friend and he owed me more money than he had. So we came up with a creative solution. He had a hook up to get percocet 30mg at a discount, and I just happen to know another kid who was looking to buy them. So I would buy 100 percs at a time and flip them, 5-10 at a time, to this kid. Every shipment of 100 id take 100 bucks off his tab. I had never even heard of these things and had no intention of even trying one. Eventually my roommate starting buying them from me and would snort little pieces of them at a time. Im sure you know where this is going. I got curious and started doing the same. Unlike a lot of other people I know who were doing 10 pills a day within a couple months of trying it, I could control myself at first. Id do like half a pill once a week on NFL sundays. They were magic for betting. I could be glued to my computer all day, making bets and making money. Well soon enough that turned into a half a pill a day habit, into a pill a day habit, and now here we are, 5 years later, and I'm doing 5 to 6 percs a day. Never anything else, just percocet.

I finally, FINALLY, admitted to myself that I do not have control whatsoever over this and was trying to quit for the past year or so. "Tomorrow I'll quit." "Next week I'll quit, got too much to do today." I would go a day or two without taking them and barely be able to get out of bed. Id tell myself that Id rather be a perc addict than a depressive, laying bed all day. The money was never a problem so sometimes Id convince myself that this was a luxury I could afford. All bull>>>> of course.

That was until last thursday. I finally had that eureka moment Id been hoping for. I got 6 pills, which Id usually try to stretch out for two days, and did them all in one day and felt like I easily could have done more. I felt like I was on the edge of really really losing it. So I made a plan, and so far so good! I'm at the end of day 4 right now and feel like Ive turned the corner and that the worst is behind me. Let me tell you what I did/am doing. Maybe someone with some experience can tell me if this is a good idea.

I got 7 suboxone strips. Theyre 8 mg I believe. I cut them into tiny little slivers and take one in the morning and maybe a few more throughout the day if I start to feel withdrawals. Taking one right when you get up is essential because this takes the decision of relapsing out of your hands. Percs dont work when youve taken a sub that day, so if you take one in the AM, you couldnt get high even if you wanted to. My last perc dose was thurs. Fri through sunday I was taking my subs and felt OK physically. Mentally however I felt depressed and lethargic with NO energy and no motivation. Today is monday and I tried something a little different. I took my piece of sub this morning like normal but was feeling super down. My friend suggested trying adderall to help with the motivation and let me tell you...I feel amazing. Just like when I was 18. I have the same motivated, good feeling from percs without the gross nodding off. He gave me 4, 15 mg pills and Ive taken 2 so far. I feel like that was actually a little more than I should have as I have a little teeth grinding going on and feel a little too sped up. I think 20 mg a day should do it. He also gave me xanax but I havent taken that yet and dont know if I will. I dont like the idea of mixing all this stuff.

So anyways...Im in the night time of day 4 and feel great. Im going to try to get prescribed adderall so I can do it legit. If anyone out there is like me and found the depressing, lethargic effects of coming off opiates the worst, maybe try adderall?

Im curious what others think of this approach. Ill be sure to check back regularly with HOPEFULLY my success story. I know Im only 4 days and Im talking like I have 4 years behind, but thats how good the adderall feels.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Take care.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian20 View Post
    Hello all. Been a lurker of this forum for a while and I finally decided to sign up and share my story. Even if its with complete strangers that Ill never meet, it feels better than keeping all this inside.

So heres my story...

I'm a 30 year old white man from a good family. I graduated college, have always had friends and girlfriends and money; all this to say things arent and never really were "bad" for me. My "job" is that I'm a professional sports bettor. And I know what youre thinking; surrre. Well you know how they say 1% of all sports bettors make money. I'm in that 1%. I treat it like a business, pay taxes on it, and earn six figures a year solely from sports betting. Anyway, around 5 years ago, I was betting through a mutual friend and he owed me more money than he had. So we came up with a creative solution. He had a hook up to get percocet 30mg at a discount, and I just happen to know another kid who was looking to buy them. So I would buy 100 percs at a time and flip them, 5-10 at a time, to this kid. Every shipment of 100 id take 100 bucks off his tab. I had never even heard of these things and had no intention of even trying one. Eventually my roommate starting buying them from me and would snort little pieces of them at a time. Im sure you know where this is going. I got curious and started doing the same. Unlike a lot of other people I know who were doing 10 pills a day within a couple months of trying it, I could control myself at first. Id do like half a pill once a week on NFL sundays. They were magic for betting. I could be glued to my computer all day, making bets and making money. Well soon enough that turned into a half a pill a day habit, into a pill a day habit, and now here we are, 5 years later, and I'm doing 5 to 6 percs a day. Never anything else, just percocet.

I finally, FINALLY, admitted to myself that I do not have control whatsoever over this and was trying to quit for the past year or so. "Tomorrow I'll quit." "Next week I'll quit, got too much to do today." I would go a day or two without taking them and barely be able to get out of bed. Id tell myself that Id rather be a perc addict than a depressive, laying bed all day. The money was never a problem so sometimes Id convince myself that this was a luxury I could afford. All bull>>>> of course.

That was until last thursday. I finally had that eureka moment Id been hoping for. I got 6 pills, which Id usually try to stretch out for two days, and did them all in one day and felt like I easily could have done more. I felt like I was on the edge of really really losing it. So I made a plan, and so far so good! I'm at the end of day 4 right now and feel like Ive turned the corner and that the worst is behind me. Let me tell you what I did/am doing. Maybe someone with some experience can tell me if this is a good idea.

I got 7 suboxone strips. Theyre 8 mg I believe. I cut them into tiny little slivers and take one in the morning and maybe a few more throughout the day if I start to feel withdrawals. Taking one right when you get up is essential because this takes the decision of relapsing out of your hands. Percs dont work when youve taken a sub that day, so if you take one in the AM, you couldnt get high even if you wanted to. My last perc dose was thurs. Fri through sunday I was taking my subs and felt OK physically. Mentally however I felt depressed and lethargic with NO energy and no motivation. Today is monday and I tried something a little different. I took my piece of sub this morning like normal but was feeling super down. My friend suggested trying adderall to help with the motivation and let me tell you...I feel amazing. Just like when I was 18. I have the same motivated, good feeling from percs without the gross nodding off. He gave me 4, 15 mg pills and Ive taken 2 so far. I feel like that was actually a little more than I should have as I have a little teeth grinding going on and feel a little too sped up. I think 20 mg a day should do it. He also gave me xanax but I havent taken that yet and dont know if I will. I dont like the idea of mixing all this stuff.

So anyways...Im in the night time of day 4 and feel great. Im going to try to get prescribed adderall so I can do it legit. If anyone out there is like me and found the depressing, lethargic effects of coming off opiates the worst, maybe try adderall?

Im curious what others think of this approach. Ill be sure to check back regularly with HOPEFULLY my success story. I know Im only 4 days and Im talking like I have 4 years behind, but thats how good the adderall feels.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Take care.
    Brian - welcome to the forum. Subs are very strong, many times stronger than Percocet! As you can see just a little piece of suboxone can take withdrawals away! I'm not sure you fully understand how suboxone works? You are definitely not taking them the correct way and to be honest, you should have never touched them, it is unnecessary with the size of your Percocet habit! I would suggest stopping the suboxone now, stock up on the items listed in the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal and do a cold turkey detox? The Thomas Recipe does mention the use of a benzo, I see that you've mentioned that you have some xanax. If you do use the xanax during your detox then you should only use it at night to help with sleep and only for the first 3-4 days and that's it, no longer than that! Xanax is extremely addictive, do not take it any longer than I already suggested and best to avoid it all together if possible! Speaking of addictive substances, you are playing with fire by taking the Adderall! You already have a addictive personality, you do not want to trade one addiction for another! Stop taking the Adderall as well before that becomes a problem!

A cold turkey detox is about a week or so of flu-like symptoms with the worst of withdrawal symptoms being over by day five! Taking the items in the Thomas Recipe will help ease the withdrawals, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Others will be by to give you advice and support as well. Keep us updated? Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns? Be well and good luck... God bless us all!

Brian20 is offline New Member

Night time of day 5 and I still feel fine. Barely took any sub today.

Im going to the doctor tomorrow. Will get all this sorted out, I know I shouldnt be taking adderall like this. But on day 4 I could barely get out of bed and the adderall really helped. Anything to get me off of percs honestly. Ill update tomorrow after the doctor.