I BEAT IT!!!!!! Long time user......would love to share my Suboxone experience...
    InSearchOfFreedom is offline New Member

Default I BEAT IT!!!!!! Long time user......would love to share my Suboxone experience...

Hello. Long time lurker here......for years....finally got enough courage to share my story. My story is just like everyone else's. Started using ******* late in the game.....I will be 38 next week....started using about 3 years ago. Had horrible time with withdrawal, etc. Could never get off. So I decided to go to the Methadone clinic last week. When they brought me into the office I was advised I had no OPIATES in my system...the only thing they found was SUBUTEX......so what I thought was ******* ....spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS a month on turned out to be crushed up Subutex......

Well....just wanted everyone to know that I attended the Methadone clinic for 5 days.....dose increasing from 30-60 mgs......I have been substance free now almost 4 days with NO ILL EFFECTS.......

I surmise I was using Subutex for about a month......NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM going from ******* to the Subutex....literally one guy wasn't available anymore and went to a different guy.....threw up the first couple days but I thought that it must be better stuff...HOW NIEVE I WAS.....

Never had any issues taking Methadone either.....just didn't feel sick......

So my message is......SUBOXONE/SUBUTEX and METHADONE can work.........you can beat this.........

I CANNOT BELIEVE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 3 YEARS I AM SUBSTANCE FREE.....learning how to live the daily life again....smells are different.....sleeping is different......needs/wants are different.......ALL IN A MUCH BETTER WAY.

I never thought it could be as easy as it was to transition/stop, but it was. Im not saying its going to be as easy for everyone, but I am living proof that ANYONE CAN OVERCOME ADDICTION.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

I see you figure out how to create your new thread. Good.

Interesting journey you got going on there and I'm glad that you're feeling well. Not to rain on your parade, but between the subs you'd been using and you probably have no idea how many mgs per day you were using, and 5 days of methadone, I am absolutely sure that you still have a massive amount still built up in your system. Who knows? Hopefully this won't change and you'll continue to feel well.

I really don't want to discourage you and I hesitated to respond to you this way at all. I then weighed the importance of giving you this info in case there is someone out there who will read your post and believe that it's possible for things to go this smoothly. I wanted both you and others who are new to this to be aware that this is not usually the case. Four days out from methadone and a bit longer from the sub in not nearly enough to really know how you're going to respond to just stopping. The half life of both of these things are extremely long. For example, if you were dosing at 50mg of methadone for five days, you haven't even metabolized that very first dose you took let alone the subsequent doses. You may begin to feel some symptoms in a couple more days.

Keep posting. I and others will be interested in how you are doing. I really do hope you do fine. I REALLY do. It's just that I've learned how this all usually goes down after several days of stopping at any dose other than a teeney tiny amount. Best wishes.

Peace,

Cat

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Oh man I am worried. I hope the next couple days go good for you I am rooting for you.

I think what may have happened is that the subutex and methadone are still in your system after 4 days so that is why you still feel good and after those 4 days is the right time to start feeling WD.

Please report back to us frequently how you are doing. I pray that's not what it is. Depends on how much subutex was in the bags maybe you accidentally weaned yourself off opiates with the subutex in the bags you are buying. That would be the greatest stroke of luck ever and I'm rooting for you.

AnabelCraft is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    I really don't want to discourage you and I hesitated to respond to you this way at all. I then weighed the importance of giving you this info in case there is someone out there who will read your post and believe that it's possible for things to go this smoothly. I wanted both you and others who are new to this to be aware that this is not usually the case. Four days out from methadone and a bit longer from the sub in not nearly enough to really know how you're going to respond to just stopping. The half life of both of these things are extremely long. For example, if you were dosing at 50mg of methadone for five days, you haven't even metabolized that very first dose you took let alone the subsequent doses. You may begin to feel some symptoms in a couple more days.

Keep posting. I and others will be interested in how you are doing. I really do hope you do fine. I REALLY do. It's just that I've learned how this all usually goes down after several days of stopping at any dose other than a teeney tiny amount. Best wishes.

Peace,

Cat
    Thank you for your post. I was starting to think there was something unusual about me.

I would also encourage the OP to keep us all updated.

New here, and I am so thankful for the information and community I have experienced so far.