Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By melindau
  • 1 Post By NeedHelpInNY
  • 1 Post By The Husband
I Jumped Today! Will Update This Thread Daily.
    NeedHelpInNY is offline Junior Member

Default I Jumped Today! Will Update This Thread Daily.

I was thinking maybe I would start tomorrow, but I was able to get some Ativan today from a doctor so I'm just going to go for it. I took a 7.5mg slice of Oxycodone when I got up at 11:30am. Took 0.5 mg of Ativan at 4pm instead of an Oxy slice. Considered making tomorrow Day 1, but taking a 1/4 piece this morning isn't really anything when you consider what I was taking a week ago.

I'm hoping the worst of the WD symptoms came and went when I went from 400mg down to under 100mg. I took 52.5mg total yesterday.

I think my plan is 0.25 mg Ativan x2 during the day, 0.5 mg at night for sleep. Is that good? Should I be taking more? If I do that, I'll have enough for 5 days.

I also have Immodium and Pepto for stomach and any nausea issues that may arise. I have Ensure in case I don't feel like I can eat. I have Gatorade, water, and a multivitamin. Am I missing anything?

Thanks everyone -- wish me luck!

The Husband is offline Member

Hard to say if the worst of the w/d is behind you I would think so but you won't know until 72 yours has passed since you have taken any opiates.

Great JOB on tapering as much as you have! I would personally hold off on Ativan till day 2-3 if you can but its your choice.

Get some L-theanine if you can find it great for anxiety and will help replace Ativan when you run out. Usually the anxiety and RLS stays around well after other symptoms are gone. I am busy right now but will try to give you some more tips when I have time. Good luck!!!

NY,

you should only take the ativan as needed. For me I waited till day 3-4 to take any benzo's when my heart would hurt and I would take 1mg Ativan which really didn't help much I ended up going to my same doc who would prescribe the opiates and got some 10mg valium which those seemed to help much more but don't take for more then 7-10 days and like I said only as needed.

Probably grab same hylands restless legs if you can never tried it but it is supposed to help.

Thanks -- I'll definitely go get something for restless legs. It is 11pm, I just 0.5mg of Ativan. I don't know where I'd be able to get Valium.

I really don't think I would have had the confidence to jump without the Ativan. Ativan also takes hours to hit and has a long-half life so it needs to build up in the body a little -- why I took it from the jump. I've been a little overheated (been 12 hours since I took just 7.5mg) but other than that I feel fine. The Ativan has helped keep my mind at ease. Hoping the sedation effects are legit as it's supposed to help with insomnia.

I'm only planning on taking benzo's this week. Once I clear the opiate WD period, I'll just stop any benzo. I am hoping to get some Xanax for daytime so I can use Ativan only at night. Haven't been able to get any tho.

Will update tomorrow -- hoping to be able to fall asleep by 1am.

melindau is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelpInNY View Post
    I was thinking maybe I would start tomorrow, but I was able to get some Ativan today from a doctor so I'm just going to go for it. I took a 7.5mg slice of Oxycodone when I got up at 11:30am. Took 0.5 mg of Ativan at 4pm instead of an Oxy slice. Considered making tomorrow Day 1, but taking a 1/4 piece this morning isn't really anything when you consider what I was taking a week ago.

I'm hoping the worst of the WD symptoms came and went when I went from 400mg down to under 100mg. I took 52.5mg total yesterday.

I think my plan is 0.25 mg Ativan x2 during the day, 0.5 mg at night for sleep. Is that good? Should I be taking more? If I do that, I'll have enough for 5 days.

I also have Immodium and Pepto for stomach and any nausea issues that may arise. I have Ensure in case I don't feel like I can eat. I have Gatorade, water, and a multivitamin. Am I missing anything?

Thanks everyone -- wish me luck!
    Best news I have heard all day!!! I cant wait till tomorrow!!!
    Melinda
    NeedHelpInNY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by melindau View Post
    Best news I have heard all day!!! I cant wait till tomorrow!!!
    Melinda
    Thanks Melinda! I am in the middle of Day 2. I woke up at 730am and took 0.5mg....kind of nervous starting my day that early....but luckily was able to nap until noon.>>Took another 0.5mg of Ativan then.

This is why I would recommend using Ativan when jumping: "Lorazepam is a central nervous system depressant. This benzodiazepine slows activity in the brain and enhances natural chemicals which have a calming effect. Sedative and tranquilizing effects are possible." It has totally kept my mind off of wanting even a slice of Oxy. It hasn't gotten me high at all, I just feel mellow. I kind of wish it would get me a little high so I could feel something more, but oh well.

It is 4pm now. I don't have any physical WD symptoms. I feel a little "off" which I'm totally fine with. I've kept pace taking Immodium and a multi. Lots of water and Gatorade. I think I'm going to go for an hour walk now.

End of Day 2 check: I am so excited. I took a bath after dinner tonight while playing some music and it was a really nice hour. My only issue of concern is the Ativan is flying by. The doctor very conservatively only gave me 5 mg of Ativan. My buddy is going to give me a bar or 2 of Xanax to help me get through the next 2 days because End of Day 4 should really be THE END of all this .

Again, no withdrawal symptoms really. I do think in cutting so drastically last week that that is when I had my withdrawal (days lost cringing on a couch, trying to sedate myself with NyQuil, vomiting). The issues now are mostly mental. I have a ton of blues left upstairs -- I was going to maybe do this a week later but since I got the Ativan and wanted to I just went for it. I am going to lock them away. And I did take a short walk today.

Just took 0.5mg Ativan. It takes so long to kick in, kind of annoying. Will probably take another 0.5 before I get in bed at midnight.

But I am in great spirits -- I definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel that seemed SO FAR AWAY just 2 weeks ago. I owe all of you greatly. Your own war stories inspired me to really look myself in the mirror and determine that I had a problem, and also how to go about fixing it. I have love for you all.

When I wake up I will be 48 hours removed from taking any Oxy and into Day 3 -- making tomorrow a key day for me that I just need to get through as 72 hours is supposed to allow your body to clear our this >>>>.

- NY
    melindau likes this.

Day 3: the end is near!

I tried going to bed at midnight last night but that was a mistake. Tossed and turned until 3ish. Went to a couch and finally fell asleep until 6am. Took 0.25mg of Ativan and then somehow fell asleep until 11am. I really don't know what I'd do without this stuff because I remember how horrid sleeping 0 seconds was. I felt so mentally fragile. Now because I have gotten hours of sleep, I feel dare I say refreshed. My body still feels a little off and I know I'd enjoy feeling high from Oxy......but I am not going back to those bad WD symptoms.

So I'm post-48 hours since taking any Oxy. Going to meet my friend soon who is kindly giving me some of his xanax rx for the sole purposes of getting clean. He's kind of pushed me to get clean for a while but I told him I was fine and could stop when I wanted to. Obviously I was wrong.

Will check back in tonight.

- NY

melindau is offline Member

I think you are doing wonderful another couple days and you going to feel like a new person! so very happy for you!
    Melinda

I can't believe I am on Day 4. I am post-73 hours from taking that 7.5mg oxy slice, clearing the key 72 hour hurdle! Officially have no physical withdrawal symptoms of any kind, now it's just weird sleeping and some anxiety. Hadn't had anxiety until this point because I had gotten Ativan, but after last night it is gone. I was surprisingly tired at midnight and did fall asleep thanks to Ativan + Melatonin + Benadryl, but I woke up at 5. Tossed and turned for an hour and a half but then took 0.5mg of Xanax and fell asleep for some more hours and 0.5mg of Xanax when I woke up for good.

The only thing I am nervous about right now aside from having zero Ativan is that I have to go to a dinner on Friday and see people. I haven't not had any oxy for something like this in a long time. And I have been mainly dealing with this on my own in solitude. If I don't have Ativan or Xanax as a replacement......that scares me. I'm so close to being a week clean and in the clear and I don't want a stressful experience to make me cave and bring a 7.5mg of oxy just to get through the dinner. Really hoping my doctor will give me a few more Ativan today. If I can just get to the weekend, I will be a clean man.

Aside from tomorrow's activity, I do see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I don't have cravings for oxy, or any WD symptoms anymore -- just have this last hurdle to clear.

Thank you all again,
    - NY

Great job on making its past 72 hours! From when you were on 400mg snorting and now to the point you are now is a huge accomplishment congrats. I understand the fear of not having anything to go out and be social my advice is don't be weak now... if you can get more ativan great but whatever you do flush the OXY that sliver is not an option at this point, don't feed the beast slay it!!! You got this I bet if you just focus on having a good time with or without the ativan to calm you down you will do great.
    NeedHelpInNY likes this.

Day 5 with a big on my face! And posting to try to help other people get better? Who is this guy?! Haha I kid, I just feel so indebted to everyone for helping me get my mind right and come up with a plan and follow through with it that I want to help others do the same.....even if my knowledge is limited.

Husband: I know you're right about the Oxy. I went back to my doctor and told him I needed more Ativan, he didn't give me enough plain and simple. So he was nice enough to give me more which helped me get through yesterday (only 10mg this time but still, better than the 5mg he gave me earlier). That should get me through today/tonight and the dinner which is Saturday actually (plus Sunday). That would make it 1 week clean of Oxy if I got there!

I actually went to the gym yesterday to use the steam room which was almost cathartic -- it was as if I could feel the last of the toxins coming out in the sweat. I felt so good after that I played basketball for an hour. I'm going to go back to the gym today for the same regimen, except I may try to swim after the steam room. Nothing quite like dipping into cold water after sitting in 160+ degrees of steam.

And perhaps most importantly, for the first time in weeks I was able to sleep a full night's sleep without waking up in the middle of the night. This was undoubtedly because of the Ativan. But I'm telling you I hadn't fallen asleep that early since middle school, and I've never woken up feeling that refreshed before 10am. Still took me a few hours to get adjusted to starting my day then but I would LOVE an asleep by midnight up by 9-10 sleeping regimen.

That's great you are very lucky to recovery so quickly from that amount of oxy! Just make sure to not let the ativan become a problem.

I think you are in the clear from w/d just out of curiosity was this your first time quitting? I ask because the 1st time I stopped it was like nothing sick for 2-3 days and it was pretty mild w/d. The next time I stopped over 10 years later it was not the same cake walk for me it was a knock down drag out fight with PAWS and very bad acute w/d.

Quote Originally Posted by The Husband View Post
    That's great you are very lucky to recovery so quickly from that amount of oxy! Just make sure to not let the ativan become a problem.

I think you are in the clear from w/d just out of curiosity was this your first time quitting? I ask because the 1st time I stopped it was like nothing sick for 2-3 days and it was pretty mild w/d. The next time I stopped over 10 years later it was not the same cake walk for me it was a knock down drag out fight with PAWS and very bad acute w/d.
    How long can I take the Ativan for without having any issues stopping? I've been on it for less than a week and never more than 4 pills (2mg) at a time.....many times Ativan even comes in 2mg sizes but I have 0.5s. I take 2-3 to start my day and since the half-life is 10 hours I take 3-4 at night just to make sure I get to and stay asleep.

While technically I've had a relatively easy time with the Ativan while jumping to zero Oxy......keep in mind I was having worse physical WD symptoms than anyone was describing while trying to cut my total dosage from 400 mg snorting to under 200 mg only oral. Shakes, hot/cold flashes, tingling, head hurt, and vomiting every few hours. I spent 2-3 days out of sight on a couch, sweating under a blanket, with a bottle of water and tried to take NyQuil to pass the day and boost the smaller oxy amounts. So this journey hasn't been a picnic for me. It just got much better when I stabilized at ~20% of my usual dose and then I switched to Ativan.

And yes this is my first time having a problem with these and quitting. I have been prescribed Percocets or Vicodins or the Euro 10mg Oxycodone version for many years and had months' worth of supply for traveling/sleeping purposes. It was just this last year that I tried the Oxycodone 30s (what a mistake) because no one had any Perc 10's which is what I was looking for. Still didn't have a problem with them for a few months until I started taking a couple during the day which led to using every 2 hours over time. Then when I wanted to quit and just tried to stop like I always had, I could barely function and if I didn't dose my stomach would go all acid-refluxy and I'd vomit.

But today was a great day. Went back to the gym, steam roomed, swam laps, even did a mile on a cardio machine. Now that my body is adjusting to the Ativan, I am getting a full night's rest and it is giving me a ton of natural energy the next day (though I am also taking a multi and b6 caps).

Don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow, but Sunday will be Day 7! Let's hope I get through Day 6 OK. Ativan is running lower than I'd like, but that's only because the doc will still only prescribe it in it's lowest dose (0.5mg) and I can take an extra if I feel it helps which it does. I have a feeling on Monday I will be receiving an rx for 1mg Ativan pills. Gotta get to then and I should be home free.

Thanks for checking in Husband.

Day 6 - 4pm! Headed out for dinner now.

I'm a little nervous that I am low on Ativan. I know I don't want to be on it long-term but I haven't been on it for a full week yet. I've been taking between 1.5-2mg at a time. I don't think I'll have any for Sunday....will have to try to conserve even more than I already am. Hopefully Monday I can get a rx for the week, and when it's done be 2 weeks clean!

In good spirits, no WD symptoms. Had a WEIRD amount of energy yesterday. Went to the gym, exercised, played basketball, and then later that night at 10pm I was brimming with energy still and played basketball again (ran around by myself) for an hour! I always thought Oxy gave me energy......and it did in its own way, like to do tedious tasks and make the mundane more tolerable. But this kind of physical energy and burst I haven't felt in a long, long time. Reminds me why I only ever used to take this stuff at night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thank you all again.

- NY

You should be on day 8 now just checking in.