Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1DaysPay
i keep relapsing. help
    hazey is offline New Member

Default i keep relapsing. help

So i have been an addict of many things opiate For many years. I kbow its time to stop and i am back on suboxone. Problem is i keep bouncing back and forth from subs to percs. Ive pretty much mastered the art of avoiding precipitated WD's. What i havent mastered is the art of a proper sub taper. I have gotten myself as low as 1mg. A day. Any lower i go into very bad WD. i need to be able to kick this nasty habit while STILL working 5-6 days a week. Please help

dadrecovers is offline Banned

Are you doing this by yourself? Based on your situation, you need someone to look after you, you need someone to always to remind you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-17-2015 at 09:01 PM.

1DaysPay is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hazey View Post
    So i have been an addict of many things opiate For many years. I kbow its time to stop and i am back on suboxone. Problem is i keep bouncing back and forth from subs to percs. Ive pretty much mastered the art of avoiding precipitated WD's. What i havent mastered is the art of a proper sub taper. I have gotten myself as low as 1mg. A day. Any lower i go into very bad WD. i need to be able to kick this nasty habit while STILL working 5-6 days a week. Please help
    If you are taking 1 mg sub per day try to break it into two .5mg peices and take one early and one later in the day. You should drop your dose 20% after a few days due to the long half life of the suboxone. If 20% drop is too hard for you try and do a 10% drop. Try to taper down at least 10% every 4-7 days. When you get down to the smallest dose of .25 mg for a few days, try to skip a day. Then take a .25 mg again the next day. Go every other day until you can go 2 days without using, then take one more .25 and make the jump off. You are going to have WD from the suboxone regardless. Tapering to the smallest possible dose properly will help the WD symptoms severity. You may not feel the WD for a day or so after the last dose because the half life is long. Skipping days will help get whats currently in your system out of your system.

Try and get some over the counter stuff for the WD symptoms. Advil and ibuprofin for pain and aches, 5htp or valerian root for your mood, anxiety and insomnia. Immodium for the bowels. Stay hydrated with electrolytes and eat.

Any WD sucks. Its the punishment for all the good feelings opiates gave you. If you really want this it can be done, you have to want it more than anything in the world. It will only be a few days of WD symptoms if you taper properly and stick to your plan. The rest of the battle will be psychological.

There are many threads on here about sub tapering. Educate yourself about suboxone. What it is, how it works, and how long it takes to get out of your system. This will help prepare you for the battle ahead.

Stay stong, stay focused, stay busy, stay motivated to live a clean life.

I say this a lot, but it helps big time -- Dont let your mind make excuses to deviate from your plan. Excuses sound best to the people that make them. Its all in the mind. Change your mind and it will change your life. If nothing around you changes, change the things around you. Break through this sh!t that you are carrying with you. You can do it.

1dayspay
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hazey View Post

Welcome. I will say this to you - if you are bouncing back and forth between subs and percs you definitely don't have your addiction under control. And you're playing with fire trying to avoid PW's. You've been lucky thus far and I hope you never have to experience PW's like I have 2 times!!! Talk about sick!!! YIKES!!!

Subs are a tool to help you fight addiction, and to control cravings and WD symptoms. Getting on and off quickly is not the way there intended to be taken and ill advised. If you really want to be clean why not remain on the subs a while and hopefully your addictive thinking and behaviors will be put to rest.

Our sub plan most use here takes around 6-8 weeks from beginning to end give or take a couple weeks depending on induction dose. That gives you time to curb those behaviors. I had a long history of drug abuse, over 17 years. Took me some extra time on subs to get past my thoughts. I was on subs about 9 months, which IS a long time, but not nearly as long as some of these so called sub doctors place on their patients. People come here being on sub for YEARS and really having trouble getting off.

Here's the link to our sub therapy plan below -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Read it carefully. It has been used by hundreds and hundreds of members here. I hope this helps. We're here to help and support. You can do this. Why not give it a shot?

-Randy