Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
i keep trying..suboxone taper
    bdubb is offline New Member

Default i keep trying..suboxone taper

Hello,I have been trying for months to get my suboxone addiction to end. All I'm asking if anyone has any advice on how to taper myself down properly. >> like to start tomorrow a method. All I have to work with is 2 strips to do this. I fear if I buy more I will abuse it. Please please someone help me. I cannot go to detox. Thanks in advance.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

bdubb it would help if you could post how long you have been on subs and your history of opiate use including sub history. Also how much sub you are currently taking a day and how long you have been taking your current sub dose.

Alex

To be honest it varies. I've been taking subs for about a yr n half now. Not prescribed. I take anywhere from 2mg a day to almost. 16mg just depending on how much I can get but the point is that I'm tired of this. I have a long history of oxycontin n dope addiction which has subsided basically since I got on subs. But all this has done is replace my addiction of the others. Today I would say I took 6 mg yesterday I took 8mg. I have had short periods of abstinence like up to 3 days n I turn back, I keep trying to do it cold Turkey and I just cannot go to work like that. I work in a factory I literally stand on my feet just about 8 hours a day. I was going to just start taking 2mgs a day for the next few days then 1 mg for the next 8 days after. I have no idea! Please help!

bdubb if you have been taking subs for a year and a half and taking anywhere from 2 to 16 mg a day and took 6 mg today and 8 mg yesterday I can not even think of a thing to suggest to you if you only have 2 strips to work with. there is a taper plan on here to help people on subs wean off of them but it would be of know use to you unless you had several strips to work with. With the long half life of subs built up in your system you can do what you said about taking 2 mg for a few days and then 1 mg and you probably will be ok the first few days but once the stacked up subs start leaving your system then my guess is you will start to feel awful. If you can get more subs then you could possibly use the taper plan here but it would be a slow taper. Sorry I cant be of more help to you.

Alex

I'm trying to not spend money on this >>>> any more and I've read over the taper method but I feel confused by it for some reason. If I did it, about how many more would you suggest I need? And could you please try to break it down to me, because for some reason like I said I am lost. I'm sorry I just need help. I appreciate anything more than u know, Alex. Thanks

Also I am anticipating some wd symptoms. I don't expect to just feel back to normal right away. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
    I'm trying to not spend money on this >>>> any more and I've read over the taper method but I feel confused by it for some reason. If I did it, about how many more would you suggest I need? And could you please try to break it down to me, because for some reason like I said I am lost. I'm sorry I just need help. I appreciate anything more than u know, Alex. Thanks
    A lot would depend on how low of a dose you could start out at and be stable with before you could begin to taper. Also would depend on how much time you would need at each dose before dropping again. I can give you some rough ballpark figures and these would be based on a 4 day drop schedule which works out usually ok for newcomers but for long term user more then 4 days is required befor dropping to be stable at. Everyone is different so theres no certaian number of days that guarantee you will feel ok etc. The first thing is at what dose mg wise do you think you could use for 4 or 5 straight days and feel decent at. Give me a number and I will give you a rough guess.

Alex

I would be comfortable with 2mg a day for a few days. I just took 2mg and I'm on my way to work. I should be fine. Usually I can take 2mg and not have a problem. I'm obviously a little uncomfortable but its bearable.

But now I'm thinking rather than taking it all at once I should probably take 1mg around 7am before work then another 1mg at around 12pm. That would probably work better?
    -Bridget

[QUOTE=bdubb;426957]But now I'm thinking rather than taking it all at once I should probably take 1mg around 7am before work then another 1mg at around 12pm. That would probably work better?
    -Bridget[/QUOTE

I don't know if it really would matter if you split it into 2 doses or not. Up to you on how you take it. If you were to follow Roberts taper plan and drop every 4 days with 25 % drops you might be able to do it with 5 more strips. Don't know if you will be able to do this with the way you have been using subs in the past though. You would have to follow the taper plan exactly. I really don't have any idea how much subs you have stacked up in your system. You might be fine at 2 mg for 3 or 4 days then the stacked up subs in the meantime are being eliminated and you might really start feeling it then. You only drop when your stable with the taper plan or it wont work. If you drop befor your stable then it backfires on you. You said you fear if you get more subs you will abuse them. if you want to taper off successfully you cant abuse them but you have to use them as a tool for detox. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Kells_1love is offline New Member

Hi BDubb,

I was reading through the thread and wished to send you some good vibes and hope you are okay. I was curious if you have anyone in your life ( a trusted clean friend, significant other, parent/brother/sister even) that you could possibly turn to for help- to administer doses per the taper plan? As stated above, if you can function at 2mg, you would only need a limited additional supply to taper per Roberts plan, and greatly reduce your discomfort. If you have anyone that would hold and give you your daily doses it would really help you to stick with it.

Also, start vitamins and healthy setting ASAP. If you can't eat drink a Boost or Muscle Milk, which provides a lot of nutrients your body needs to replenish and reboot.

Wishing you the best and stay safe.

-Kelly

Ugh I'm trying to just make do with what I have. I didn't take any subs from last Wed morning I took 2mg until Sunday afternoon I just tried to do it cold Turkey but I gave in. So Sunday I took 8mg,Monday 6mg,Tuesday 4mg,and today I took 3mg. I only have a 2mg quarter piece & 7 little cut up 1 mg strips. Idk if this is making sense. I know I'm going to go through some type of wd but I just didn't want to stop cold Turkey it really doesn't ever work well. I have my boyfriend giving me my doses as needed and I'm feeling ok right now. A lil uncomfortable but I'm ok. I just honestly can't afford to spend any more money on this BS. I've done this a time before and after the first few days off of subs I started taking a potassium supplement and that really helped along with eating oranges ,green tea and I was ok in like 3 days but I turned back of course thinking I could just "do one". Yeah right...hopefully someone can get back to me before morning to maybe suggest what dose I should take tomorrow. Thank u. Sorry to ramble I just have a lot on my mind.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

If you would have stayed at the 2mg. and gotten stable you could have decreased from there. I can tell you right now, if you don't follow the taper the way it's supposed to go you are going to have a heck of a time coming off. You will go into w/d. In essence what you have left is not enough to taper properly. If you had not done the 8mg. 6mg. 4mg. 3.mg and done the taper, you at least would have had enough to get very close to being done. If you insist on doing this your way, you are going to have the requisite w/d from the sub. Go back and read Alex's posts to you. You have to be stable at one dose before you start to taper and it is unrealistic to think you can jump from 2mg. w/o suffering for it. Your other option is to settle in and get most of what is on the Thomas Recipe. Subs have a long half life and thus the w/d period is longer.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

If you can get more sub we can help you, if you will listen to us.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Its just the fact that I CAN'T get anymore subs. I tried and all I could get was one more. And today I took 3mg again. Also I didn't realize what Alex said until after I already started jumping down. I'm seriously not trying to "do it my way" I'm just trying to make do with all I have...

Sorry to jump on you, but I'm afraid you are in for it, so start gathering supplies for the Thomas Recipe:

Some things to add:

Water and pure fruit juices: no energy drinks and avoid soda as much as you can
    Gatorade
    Ensure or Muscle mild in case you don't feel like eating.
    Hyland's restful leg or calme's forte for restless leg. Gatorade will also help with this.
    Melatonin and sleepy time tea: STRONG
    Valerian Root for anxiety.

How much sub total do you have? Maybe I can piece something from what you do have.

Peace,

Iloerose

I have 1 and 3/4 that's it. N like I said I now took 3mg for the past 2 days. I was planning on doing that tomorrow also. I will get those things u suggested. Now would u suggest I start with those things immediately or once I am done taking subs.

bdub it would not hurt to start with those things right away. You only have 14 mg of subs left and if you can reduce some befor you jump it will help a little. I really don't know what to suggest to you dose wise rest of the way. I would drop back to 2 mg tomorrow though. Best wishes

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-03-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Well I took 2mg today. Should I continue that for the next few days?

I would take 2mg. tomorrow as well and perhaps the next day and then go to 1mg. for around 3 days, I guess. That's a 50% cut I know, but at least it will let you down a bit easier I hope. This is pretty much guess work. I'm not as good with the math as Alex is. He may recommend something else. Follow Alex if he posts something different.

Ok I was able to get one more so now I have 2 1/2 ...

Quote Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
    Ok I was able to get one more so now I have 2 1/2 ...
    Good that will give you a bit more to work with. I would take 2 mg 2 more days like Rose suggested then maybe go to 1.5 for 3 days then we can figure it out from there. Try to stick with this if you can as it will not be a harsh for you when you run out.

Alex

Ok I will do that! Thanks

jackcole is offline Junior Member

I started Subs last summer to kick pain pills. I made a mistake as I didn't do my research as to how addictive subs are! I peaked in the fall with 8mg a day, started to know I was in trouble, so backed down to 6mg without much WD. Then this January I dropped to 4 mg, this caused some heavy sweating and mild WD until I dosed my second 2mg in late afternoon. I got stable at 4mg in a week. Then I hit a wall, I tried going to 3 and really fell apart, mental and physical problems very bad. About 6 weeks ago I dropped off of 4 mg to cold turkey. I did some oxy for the first six days to deal with it, and then dropped of the oxy and was total cold turkey. Needless to say, this was not fun, very sick for 10 days, with only mild improvement as the days passed to 30 off of 4mg subs and 24 off of oxy. Couldn't take the lingering WD's and did oxy for 5 days. This felt really good, but I knew it was bad idea, so dropped off of 60mg oxy 3 full days ago. Intense WD started right away, so I am making this all last way too long. No more from here on in.
    Off of Subs for 39 days today.
    Oxy was off 24 days, on for 5 and now off for 3. Feeling rotten, but I believe the Subs WD is passing.

As for you wanting off of Subs, go to a doctor, tell him your needs and ask for a sensible plan to get off. I was in a panic on Friday, being so sick. I called a sub doctor, but they can't see me till Monday, so I am in WD till late Monday at best, if I go. I suggest a sub doctor for you, because you are in WAY to DEEP now to drop off from your doses. Sub WD is beyond bad, beyond terrible. You must get a tapper plan long term. Call a SUB doctor, and get their help to come off. Subs fooled me, I didn't know they were as strong as >>>>>>. I was using subs off the street, not seeing a Doc. That is a bad, bad idea. Message back if you need more help. I am killing time by sitting at the computer. I know how bad sub addiction is, you need a professional Doc in the worst way!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackcole View Post
    I started Subs last summer to kick pain pills. I made a mistake as I didn't do my research as to how addictive subs are! I peaked in the fall with 8mg a day, started to know I was in trouble, so backed down to 6mg without much WD. Then this January I dropped to 4 mg, this caused some heavy sweating and mild WD until I dosed my second 2mg in late afternoon. I got stable at 4mg in a week. Then I hit a wall, I tried going to 3 and really fell apart, mental and physical problems very bad. About 6 weeks ago I dropped off of 4 mg to cold turkey. I did some oxy for the first six days to deal with it, and then dropped of the oxy and was total cold turkey. Needless to say, this was not fun, very sick for 10 days, with only mild improvement as the days passed to 30 off of 4mg subs and 24 off of oxy. Couldn't take the lingering WD's and did oxy for 5 days. This felt really good, but I knew it was bad idea, so dropped off of 60mg oxy 3 full days ago. Intense WD started right away, so I am making this all last way too long. No more from here on in.
    Off of Subs for 39 days today.
    Oxy was off 24 days, on for 5 and now off for 3. Feeling rotten, but I believe the Subs WD is passing.

As for you wanting off of Subs, go to a doctor, tell him your needs and ask for a sensible plan to get off. I was in a panic on Friday, being so sick. I called a sub doctor, but they can't see me till Monday, so I am in WD till late Monday at best, if I go. I suggest a sub doctor for you, because you are in WAY to DEEP now to drop off from your doses. Sub WD is beyond bad, beyond terrible. You must get a tapper plan long term. Call a SUB doctor, and get their help to come off. Subs fooled me, I didn't know they were as strong as >>>>>>. I was using subs off the street, not seeing a Doc. That is a bad, bad idea. Message back if you need more help. I am killing time by sitting at the computer. I know how bad sub addiction is, you need a professional Doc in the worst way!
    The problem with sub doctors is that the majority of them are simply "legal dealers" who are in it for the money. Most sub docs only have one agenda: to keep their patients on high doses of sub long term. They're so uneducated about subs, it's absurd. They know that if they get their patients hooked, they'll keep coming back, all the while pocketing god knows how much money.

My sub doc was just like that, and I've talked to countless people on this forum who were in the same position with their doctor. In my time here, I've only known ONE person who had an honest sub doc.

I'm not saying people should go around buying sub off the street, but if bdubb has enough sub to do a proper taper, then there's really no need to see a sub doctor at this point.

Kat
    alexnt likes this.

I had the impression they wanted me to come in and take subs long term, so I see your point. But you can get a script to taper with and they can't make you come back. I understand the pressure to keep you on it , that is why we need to take charge, they can't make us take it. Sub taper is a long process, otherwise it is at least a 30 hell. I can't believe how addictive subs are!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-05-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackcole View Post
    I had the impression they wanted me to come in and take subs long term, so I see your point. But you can get a script to taper with and they can't make you come back. I understand the pressure to keep you on it , that is why we need to take charge, they can't make us take it. Sub taper is a long process, otherwise it is at least a 30 hell. I can't believe how addictive subs are!
    You're right, they can't make us come back. But, a lot of sub docs make their patients take their first dose in the office which is usually some ridiculous amount, like 16 mg+! True, some docs will go ahead and send a patient home with a 2-week or month script. Others are more scandalous and make the patient come in weekly or more, all the while charging outrageous fees without accepting insurance. It's such a sham.

If you're able to get in and out with a script without breaking the bank, that's great! Let us know how it goes.

Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Yes, the office person told me $300 to see the Doc. $600 a month for the sub script. So just under 1,000 per month! Now I have a decent income, but 1,000 a month strips me of every spare dime I have a month. Bills paid and some food and gas, that would be it!
    I got sucked into Subs use as I heard it was medicine for Opiate addiction, not knowing it was a worse opiate than what pills I was taking.
    My sub WD from 4 mg was so awful I almost can't talk about it. I did not sleep for over 10 days, no REM sleep for 3 weeks. Once I did get REM sleep, the dreams were insane and exhausting. And it is so long lasting. I was 30 days in to WD and felt so bad I did oxy just to get a rest from the pain, now at day 4 I am getting over that slip up. Unwise move. The crazy dreams are back, I am running around airports looking for my luggage I left on a plan, somebody gives me a free ticket to a city, I get there and don't have any money or a ticket home. Really insane stuff. Subs are a ticket to real hell on earth. An oxy WD is a week of hell and rapid recovery, Subs WD never seems to end. I calculated 1 week off subs equals 1 DAY off of OXY for recovery time! How bad is that? So I am reaching the level of 6 days off of OXY when in fact it has been nearly 6 weeks off of subs. I wish everyone knew what a danger that stuff is, maybe a small amount to cushion a bad opiate WD, like a few 2 mgs when WD is unbearable. Who knows, I have never found an easy way off of opiates, there is none.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-06-2014 at 01:03 PM.

bdub wondering how you are feeling and if 2 mg has worked for you the last 3 days. If you could manage to get one more strip it would be great also as you could taper that much further down. Talk to you later.

Alex

EricSullivan is offline New Member

You should consult rehab center, they will guide you in a proper way & help you to get out of your addiction. don't waste time & go for it.

Mellowed is offline New Member

Hey there....Going Cold on Suboxone. ..Around 10mgs.... Have Plenty Of Ativan and Firocet....As well as some Medical Marijuana. .. Will these ease my Withdrawal. .Thanks..Barry in the Berkshires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast