Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
I need help
    Ben39 is offline Junior Member

and you'll always get my support regardless of what you do,

This statement almost made me cry. I will not forget your help and kind words.

Today I "relapsed". It was going OK until i Lit a cigarette. After I smoked the anxiety and depression hit the roof. I found relief in taking more oxy.

Tomorrow I am not going to smoke. I will go a few days with 150 mg and once I feel OK I will cut down to 100 or 125.

I will try not to think about my physical symptoms to keep health anxiety down as much as possible but at the same time will request some more tests.

Thank you very much DravenDomnq
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Ben, all I can do is give support. With everything I've done in my life I have absolutely zero room to do anything but give my support to you and others now. Tapering and getting off this stuff is incredibly hard, I know that from first hand experience. We seem to share a lot in common, so can understand a lot of the struggles you're going through. Hoping today goes well for you, and that you're able to keep from having a cig since that seems to be a trigger for you. Will continue watching for your updates, and sharing when I can!! Have a GREAT day, and be well!!

I got a mild relief for my hypochondria. For over a year my upper abdomen (stomach) area is bloated or swollen. I searched for Opioid induced constipation, which I have, and it says that it can cause the problem I have. The only thing I cannot pinpoint (maybe my English?) is if it talks about lower abdomen only. I find these words that can be caused by OIC. Bloated belly, distention or distended stomach, Stomach content retention etc.

So I hope that my bloated stomach fits into this category.

This is my original thread where I will be posting my process. So I am going to vent a bit.

No good news, actually bad news.

I tried several times to go down but no. I don't give up.

But for the last few days I got real bad abd. pain and swelling which i am seeing a doctor for and doing tests.

But why now...why when I am determined more than ever to quit....the pain is not only bad but worrisome....other stress is also bothering me that I have no control of.....

And I am running out of my oxy!!!!!

Being alone in this, scared to death, depressed....all of that is really taking its toll....I don't wanna end up thinking suicide is the only way out.....

Hello everyone

As I said, I will keep posting my progress on this thread. Update.

I went to (the only) clinic that helps people switch from opioids to methadone or subs. I couldn't find a single private doctor who prescribes these meds. The clinic seems promising. They offer a bunch of support. I only went for information session. there was about 10 people there. The nurse was talking how we need to go to a maintenance program which last a year or more. One person immediately left saying " I came to get clean fast not switching one drug for another especially since I get prescribed opioids". Another person was there crying the entire time. Going through withdrawals....day 3....I said if you can make it 2-3 days longer you may not need suboxine.

They said the doctor starts patients between 4-24 mg of sub. You have to go there every day (I live 1.5 hours from there) to take urine test and get a new dose.... or prescription....until you are stable.

The nurse told me that the doctor may not accept me since I am on benzos...the 10 year experienced lady asked me if I could quit benzos first. LOL. They are harder to quit than many other drugs.

All in all I said I will think about it. I read through this forum that sub therapy shouldn't last more than 2-3 months. Rick, Zebra and others gave me a nice advice...plus there's Robert's taper story.

But will the doctor allow me to dictate how I see it best since i gotta do urine test every day? We will see. But the fact is i gotta do something since taper is not working. Not working because i am severely depressed and my willpower is weak. I am almost bed ridden.

I have one question though...if I switched from lets say oxycontin (those new solid pills "oxyneo??") to oxycodone IR....how long would I have to take the oxycodone ir so the other one doesn't show on urine test?

When i came to this forum, I was told I can find here much ongoing support by other members. However, looks like it ain't so.

ktebmf is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben39 View Post
    When i came to this forum, I was told I can find here much ongoing support by other members. However, looks like it ain't so.
    Hey Ben, it's been a little while since you last posted but I read through this forum and was wondering how you were doing now. Sorry that the replies dwindled, just happens sometimes. I did a cold-turkey detox from Oxycodone, so I'm a little different than you, but I have issues with severe anxiety and depression as well. I'm not going to lie, the first couple of days on my cold turkey detox - I considered suicide, I was crying nonstop. But I just kept saying to myself IT WILL PASS, IT WILL PASS. Because it will. Please trust me on that. Then once I came out on the other side, I felt a little extra anxiety for about a month. Then after that, I felt stable. I felt amazing, I felt like a warrior for getting through that! If there's any way you can get some time off of work, I would recommend doing so because being comfortable in anyway (getting in your pj's, laying down with your favorite blankets, etc.) helps a lot while your body is going through such an uncomfortable time.

ktebmf is offline New Member

Also to add to my last message ^

I was also on benzos (due to my anxiety) and they helped me with my cold-turkey detox, especially when I felt panic and also with sleep. I'm no medical professional, but if you want to get off the Oxy's - focus on doing that first, don't worry about the benzos for now. I couldn't have gotten off OxyCodone without the benzos I'm prescribed. Just don't increase your benzo use.

FiveYearsFromNow is offline Junior Member

Ben, hope you're hanging in there. Reading over this whole thread, I'm impressed by how much you've cut down already-- a huge accomplishment! Rather than focusing on how far you feel you have to go, I hope you can also be proud of how far you've come!

5Years

Quote Originally Posted by ktebmf View Post
    Hey Ben, it's been a little while since you last posted but I read through this forum and was wondering how you were doing now. Sorry that the replies dwindled, just happens sometimes. I did a cold-turkey detox from Oxycodone, so I'm a little different than you, but I have issues with severe anxiety and depression as well. I'm not going to lie, the first couple of days on my cold turkey detox - I considered suicide, I was crying nonstop. But I just kept saying to myself IT WILL PASS, IT WILL PASS. Because it will. Please trust me on that. Then once I came out on the other side, I felt a little extra anxiety for about a month. Then after that, I felt stable. I felt amazing, I felt like a warrior for getting through that! If there's any way you can get some time off of work, I would recommend doing so because being comfortable in anyway (getting in your pj's, laying down with your favorite blankets, etc.) helps a lot while your body is going through such an uncomfortable time.
    I also have severe anxiety/depression. I was on a huge dose, now I am on 120mg. Feeling tired and sleepy all the time.

From what dose did you quit cold turkey?

Hi Ben. I recently inducted and I have to ask if you take the Oxy's for true pain management or

Sorry- cut off the rest of my post. I was going to say that while subs will make you feel normal, they aren't really intended for pain relief. I think that if your goal is to just get off the oxy's and this is your best bet but you need the bentos to function, maybe you should hang in there and go CT. Up to 24 mg on subs sounds pretty high dose. I would just weigh your feelings to see if you would be willing to drive 1.5 hrs every day. I think the reason they want you to quit the benzos is because they are contraindicated with subs.

dsh12345 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben39 View Post
    Hello everyone

As I said, I will keep posting my progress on this thread. Update.

I went to (the only) clinic that helps people switch from opioids to methadone or subs. I couldn't find a single private doctor who prescribes these meds. The clinic seems promising. They offer a bunch of support. I only went for information session. there was about 10 people there. The nurse was talking how we need to go to a maintenance program which last a year or more. One person immediately left saying " I came to get clean fast not switching one drug for another especially since I get prescribed opioids". Another person was there crying the entire time. Going through withdrawals....day 3....I said if you can make it 2-3 days longer you may not need suboxine.

They said the doctor starts patients between 4-24 mg of sub. You have to go there every day (I live 1.5 hours from there) to take urine test and get a new dose.... or prescription....until you are stable.

The nurse told me that the doctor may not accept me since I am on benzos...the 10 year experienced lady asked me if I could quit benzos first. LOL. They are harder to quit than many other drugs.

All in all I said I will think about it. I read through this forum that sub therapy shouldn't last more than 2-3 months. Rick, Zebra and others gave me a nice advice...plus there's Robert's taper story.

But will the doctor allow me to dictate how I see it best since i gotta do urine test every day? We will see. But the fact is i gotta do something since taper is not working. Not working because i am severely depressed and my willpower is weak. I am almost bed ridden.

I have one question though...if I switched from lets say oxycontin (those new solid pills "oxyneo??") to oxycodone IR....how long would I have to take the oxycodone ir so the other one doesn't show on urine test?
    Oxycontin/oxyneo is the exact same drug as oxycodone IR. Oxycontin/oxyneo is just oxycodone except that the pill has a time release coating so that it gives you the drug slowly and steadily over 8-12hrs in order to try to reduce its addictive potential, whereas oxycodone IR goes all in your body at once, which addicts prefer as that is easier to get high off of obviously. Thus, those drugs will both show up exactly the same in your urine tests because they are both oxycodone. Taking one or the other, or alternating days of taking either, or switching from one to the other will make zero difference on a urine test because it is all oxycodone in the end.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-26-2017 at 05:04 PM.

yupster123 is offline New Member

Hey guys, just made an account on here to give some friendly advice. If you have never heard of ibogaine before I strongly suggest checking it out. It has the ability to eliminated all withdrawal in a matter of hours to nearly any drug, especially opiates. It is legal in Canada. If you have friends there I would suggest having them purchase some online, and then either visiting them to acquire it or some other method. I am not sure how it would be obtainable legally in the states but I truly hope you are able to find some. Note about dosing - start off low, such as a gram, and increase the dosage as to prevent taking too much. A full dose is typically around 16 grams but everyone is different and it depends on your mental health and physical health so it's safer to start very small and increas incrementally. It's always better to buy the rootbark rather than ground up powder, unless the powder is an extract. It helps the body return to homseostasis, helps with depression and also resets drug tolerance to 0 again (so be careful...). Do some research on it, I hope people can use this herb to heal themselves it's truly remarkable

Not sure I would tell addicts that ibogaine is a magic silver bullet when a) it's illegal and b) 1 out of 300 patients dies due to side effects from the hallucinogenic drug. I think if they can isolate the other properties to make it more safe that it may be something to look at but find your post inappropriate unless you are suggesting something legal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12