Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 3 Post By GeminiGirl81
I need help .. I want off Suboxone!
    GeminiGirl81 is offline New Member

Default I need help .. I want off Suboxone!

Hello all! I'm confused, I posted my first thread the other day, and now it's gone? I didn't delete it?? Lol A couple people commented and I appreciate the feedback I got! I'm just bummed its gone now.. Iwantoff2013 if you see this please comment! I remember you were one of the ones who commented, and I always love what you have to say! I've been reading on these boards past few years. Anyway, I'm a 33 yr old female, and have been on Subs for almost 3 years. I was addicted to pain pills for 5 years, before I got on the sub. I was lying, stealing, pawning, doing ANYTHING to get my fix...& we all know how that goes. I've been on 8mg for a year, but have been taking more here and there the past few months. I switched docs because my first one was shady. The one I see now I love. He agrees . How should I do it though? I see him every two weeks.. Decrease my dose every time I see him? I just want off..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-08-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiGirl81 View Post
    Hello all! I'm confused, I posted my first thread the other day, and now it's gone? I didn't delete it?? Lol A couple people commented and I appreciate the feedback I got! I'm just bummed its gone now.. Iwantoff2013 if you see this please comment! I remember you were one of the ones who commented, and I always love what you have to say! I've been reading on these boards past few years. Anyway, I'm a 33 yr old female, and have been on Subs for almost 3 years. I was addicted to pain pills for 5 years, before I got on the sub. I was lying, stealing, pawning, doing ANYTHING to get my fix...& we all know how that goes
    Hey. Glad you came back and started a new thread. I also posted to you right after Kat (Iwantoff2013). I basically said the same as she did and we posted at nearly the same time. My post was deleted right after I put it up so you may not have even seen it? I don't appreciate my posts being deleted especially sfter spending my very valuable time doing so while putting careful thought into it. It happens all the time around here, and many times for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It just basically sucks.

There are forum rules stating no swearing or mentioning illegal or illicit drugs by name. Also no emails or phone numbers in posts are allowed, or putting up links to some outside sources. I didn't do any of that and my post is still gone. Makes me sick and really PI$$ES me off!!! Ok, rant over!!! Lol.

Anyway I read your other opening post. Kat and I both mentioned our sub plan used here. Give a little more basic info so we can give you the best advice. I'm sure Kat will be here real soon. Kat and I work closely together helping those on subs induct and taper off.

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Here's the link to the sub plan just in case -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

You may be familiar with it, but it's here for you and others reading along.

Hey thanks for responding! And I know what your saying, I had wrote out and put into good thought what I was writing and then it got deleted? I didn't do any of those things either of what you stated, so not sure what happened?! It made me mad though! lol I did see you guys responses, just didnt have time to get back to yall and when I went back to it later to do so, it was gone. so hopefully that doesn't happen again.. Another thing... Is there a certain amount of characters you can type? Because when I wrote this post earlier I had a lot more to it, but when I posted it only half showed up. So that made me mad lol and I didn't feel like rewriting everything and just did a quick edit. Hehe .. Anyway thanks for responding and posting that link!

Hello all! Just a little update ... I had my doctors appointment on Monday, and I asked him to drop my dose. So, went to 8 to 6. So far so good! My doctor said I can go down 2 mgs every 4-6 weeks to experience less discomfort since I've been on subs for 3 years. Does this sound right? I'm scared. But I do want this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiGirl81 View Post
    Hello all! Just a little update ... I had my doctors appointment on Monday, and I asked him to drop my dose. So, went to 8 to 6. So far so good!������ My doctor said I can go down 2 mgs every 4-6 weeks to experience less discomfort since I've been on subs for 3 years. Does this sound right? I'm scared. But I do want this. Thanks!

No, that doesn't sound right to me. The time frame sounds excessive, and reducing by 2mgs is just too way much. Seeing as you've been on the subs 3 years you really need to taper much, much slower (mgs) to avoid as many symptoms as possible both during the taper itself and at the end of it. If you taper at the rate of 25% reductions of dose every 7-14 days you'll be very happy you did when the time comes to jump.

The most important thing is to NOT reduce your dose if you are NOT completely stable which means having little to no wd's. You get completely stable on each dose for as long as it takes. Then you reduce. It could only take 4-7 days on one dose during the taper, but could take 7 or more day on another dose. Your body usually lets you know when it's time to taper. You'll recognize when you're feeling good on each dose and then you reduce. It takes as long as it takes.

Use the taper plan that hundreds and hundreds of others have here including me. I provided the link above to it for you. Read it over. Skip the induction and go down to the taper part and read from there. It just plain works!

I definitely wouldn't tell the doctor about this forum. He'll think we're crazy as most do and it's actually the other way around. Most sub doc's have no clue about this med. They only have to take an 8 hour online course and they get their special DEA number and off they go making tons of $$$ prescribing huge doses to unsuspecting patients. And they want to keep them on it for years because the drug reps tell them too. What a racket. They could care less about YOU!!!

Do this right and you only have to do it ONCE!!!

I would remain at 6mg for around 7-14 days to get good and stable. Follow as suggested above by reducing only if stable with little to no wd's.

-Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-16-2015 at 09:01 AM.
    alexnt likes this.

I didn't think it sounded right either! Lol thanks too.. I agree. We know our bodies more than what doctors are "told" to do. I will go read that taper plan you suggested and go from there. And no, I'd never mention anything about these sites. Funny thing is, I trust you guys more than a doc. Because you all have been thru it!
    Randy35, Iluv2smile and alexnt like this.