I'm on 36 hours with no percocet
    Wonderwhen is offline New Member

Default I'm on 36 hours with no percocet

Well, I've been enjoying these pills far too long. It's been five years and I was taking about 200 pills of 5 mg percocet a month. There was some tragedy in the family and I found this a way to get on. Over the last 2 months I've tapered to 4 a day then to two a day then to just 1 1/2 a day then I just stopped. I finally can see my self getting off these things and having them control me. I have 2 and 1/4 pills left and have not taken them now for 36 hours. I'm using immodium to help with my stomach and a benzo to help me get through the night. I started eating well and even exercising. I have mild aches on my legs and a bit of a craving. It's like my body wants something to get into that rest state.
    Sometimes I get this rush of endorphin and the pain is gone. I don't want to put this >>>> in my body anymore and I am focused on getting healthy again.
    My body will be my sacred place never to be abused like this again. I've been doing light exercise in the morning and today was able to work and even be able to focus on it. I played tennis tonight. I'm taking a series of vitamins which might be working. Including zinc and magnesium. Things aren't unbearable, but they are kind of this constant state of mild aches and mild restlessness. I'm not sure if it's going to get worse tomorrow. I'm getting mad, mad at myself and how it's effected me over the years in all facets of life. I mad, and I'm going to do it and free myself of this poison in my body and regain my life. I'm angry this happened to me, and I'm going to fix it. I'm hoping to get some support as I work through day three tomorrow after 1pm. Just took a bath. I just want that normalcy back, that calmness, than way you feel when you body is at test and your mind is not fighting this imbalance and restlessness. This time I'm going to do it and no one us going to gave power over me because of this addiction. I'm embarrassed I got hooked, but these pills helped to cope during that time. If there is any one out there to give me some advice and support and check up on me that would be appreciated as I am doing this alone and no one knows what I am going through right now.

Wonderwhen is offline New Member

Well I'm almost at 48 hours. I think my taper had really help minimize the worst of the wd symptoms. Still not fealing all there. Controlling with vitamins and immodium. My appetite is not bad, but still have that general crave and no desire feeing. No support here from the board , that's ok, I've made it this far on my own and after struggling for years I'm finally seeing my self moving to how I was before.
    Let you know how the next day goes and how I continue to stay strong.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

That is awesome that you were able to taper and have made the decision to not take these pills anymore. You will be so happy and proud of yourself and you are almost through the worst of it. Even if not many people respond you can make this your own record of the process. Hang tight, it gets better!!

Kristiek82 is offline New Member

Hi there I just want to say bravo on your efforts thus far! It sounds like you are on the right track with vitamins and exercise and you def have the right attitude that you want to reclaim your body/life back and that you deserve this! It's your time dear! You WILL get through these next few days and be victorious I can hear it in your words. You are done with pills and ready to move on and live life! I need to get where u are. I'm really struggling turning off that craving feeling. And I guess my willpower is weak.

444TS444 is offline New Member

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT! I have done great this week, slipped, done great, and slipped and now I am right there with you. My DOC was "H". Needless to day, 3 Bags a day habit was enough to leave me puking on the bathroom floor while gasping for breath my first day off. I only did 3 bags in the last 6 days now. Anyways, my point is, I start day 1 with you today my brother. Lets do it. Tell me how you're doing so far out ahead. I'm jealous, but the minutes will pass, and so too will the hours, regardless of what we do, and because of this, next week we can either look back proud or not. But next week is coming no matter what, so lets power through it. I have 8 days off before I go to work starting...NOW. Good luck brother, i'll check back very very very often. Nothing but time.