Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
I'm determined to stop taking Oxy ..
    DeterminedX is offline Junior Member

it's 9:27, I got 10 percs still, didn't touch one. Going to docs tomorrow to get some nerontin hopefully or something like it, could help w/ the back pain..

but I sure do enjoy the tree smoke alot more now than ever : )

I refuse to take them.. they make me sick honestly. The thought of them being here makes me angry.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedX View Post
    it's 9:27, I got 10 percs still, didn't touch one. Going to docs tomorrow to get some nerontin hopefully or something like it, could help w/ the back pain..

but I sure do enjoy the tree smoke alot more now than ever : )

I refuse to take them.. they make me sick honestly. The thought of them being here makes me angry.
    Flush those percs down the toilet! You said "the thought of them being there makes you angry"... No easy access to the pills will help when the temptations arise! As I said in an earlier post and cat has also mentioned the fact that a quick taper doesn't really help that much and just drags out the withdrawal process. I did a quick taper of 17 days and was in constant withdrawal the whole time I was tapering. The choices, a long slow taper or cold turkey? I was so scared and freaked out when I started wd's I jumped on this site and started a thread asking for help, guidance and encouragement. I did the taper under the recommendation of my doctor but like I said before he tapered me too quickly! As for the Tylenol 3, it contains codeine which is an opiate so a no go on those... You'll get through this before long if you want it bad enough, I know it's hard but keep fighting. Stay strong and positive. God bless us all!

UGH .. its 230am, havent slept even 3 hrs in 3 days, prob no sleep tonight, might have to call out of work tomorrow, no way >> be able to make a full shift, god what I i'd to sleep right now or take half a pill -_-

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedX View Post
    UGH .. its 230am, havent slept even 3 hrs in 3 days, prob no sleep tonight, might have to call out of work tomorrow, no way >> be able to make a full shift, god what I i'd to sleep right now or take half a pill -_-
    Get some tea with valerian root. Get melatonin tabs. Might help sleep. Find local health food store. You'd be surprised what they carry.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Determined,

I'm so sorry that you're having trouble sleeping. That and the RLS were the worst for me too. I had two large heating pads set on low mostly wrapped around my legs and would periodically move one to my back. The heat, just like hot baths, helps to relieve both the RLS and the aching. The RLS and aches were very abruptly gone by Day 5. Sleep was a bit slower to come back but it did and was easier to handle once the flu like symptoms were gone. At least I could relax, watch a movie or jump on here and read and post. I just stopped fighting to find sleep because that just made my frame of mind worse.

Someone said to not take the Tylenol 3 and that's absolutely correct! NO opiates. None. Or it will set you right back and prolong this. As far as those percs in the drawer--have a little ceremony and say a farewell by tossing them in the toilet and flushing. Kinda symbolic. You've got enough to handle without those "whispering" to you. Don't turn back now. Taking even one of those percs will only make it easier for you to do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next and eventually being in a constant state of some level of withdrawal will wear you down even more than you already are.

I know work is always an issue. It's flu season. Can you call out sick and just ride out the storm?

Post and let us know when you flush to toilet!!

Peace,

Cat

Thanks for the tip on the health store stuff.

Thanks Cat, last night was tough, I took 4 hott showers throughout the night, the jitters in my muscles were so intense i couldnt sit still for hours -_- I told work im going to see my doc at 130 cause im sick, hopefully he'll give me the Gabapentin, any experience with that? should help my nerve pain and even the RLS and it's not a narcotic? advice?

I didn't take any tylenol 3 nor pills, a friend wants to buy whats left, might as well and help pay my bills but i might save one to flush, to remember i did that.

ugh day 5? im only on one, and i started withdrawaling since i was weaning off, i def screwed that all up -_-

ugh what >> do to sleep a little bit i swear ..

Smith9666 is offline Junior Member

I'm so glad you didn't take the Tylenol 3. That is just as bad as taking a perc. Besides, nothing is going to help enough to really take the edge off of the restless legs. Gabopentinnhelped me a ton but I wasn't told this nor prescribed it until day 5. I'm not sure if all doctros are as helpful as the one I had at the time but gabopentin is not a narcotic so it won't get you high at all. I think you mentioned getting some for pain? Nuerotin (spelling is probably way off) is the same if I recall right.
    If you take any comfort meds ( NOT NARCOTICS lol), wait until bedtime to take them. Deal with the WD's during the day and only take the comfort meds at night. Taking Xanax during the daytime doesn't seem like a good idea considering them at night you are going through all the WD's when you need to have releif at night. I'm not sure xnaax is even a good option for you at this point. Definately ask a doctor to prescribe you something that is non addicting and can help take the edge off.

Restless legs are the worst symptom by far and I get annoyed just thinking about it. I feel for you right now. :-/ calling off of work is a good idea if you're able to.

Just remember, DO NOT take anything. I think it may be a good idea to do what others said and get rid of the 10 you have left. I kept my full script but I didn't want one more of those pills. I was do done with it by then. I didn't taper nor did I tell myself I would taper. I didn't keep taking them when WD's hit either to 'help'. It can be nearly impossible to not take them if you have them.

If you know people who sell them to you call them and tell them under NO circumstances are they to sell them to you. If they aren't close friends, delete their numbers and do not write it down. Basically, cut all your access to these. I am telling you that when you do, your WD will not feel as bad.

There is a difference between wd'ing when you have the attitude that is needed to do it successfully and WD when you know a phone call is all you have to do to get relief at 3am in the morning after you have been suffering all day and night. Take any opportunity to 'save' yourself away. Don't let you sabotage what you have going on now. It may not seem like a lot but you have made a huge impact already. The fact that you're feeling so bad is a good thing because that means you are in the process of being done with the worst of these symtoms. If you do not sabotage yourself by taking more pills... regardless if it's a Tylenol #3, you will be out of the worst of it very soon.

Stick with it and keep us updated. Especially at night when its the worst.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Determined....

Hope you are doing okay? I always found the first day the hardest. I believe that was all mental, actually, I was so used to taking something out of fear I was going to get sick, that once I got through the first day, I realized....hey, I'm not gonna die! You'll be okay....get rid of the temptations and move on with your life.

Honestly, just keep as busy as possible and you will be over the worst before you know it.

Let us know how you are.

How you doing? The Gaba is fine and it will help with the RLS. You are right. It is prescribed for nerve pain and I've had it in the past for that exact reason. I have also had a script in the past (not while detoxing) for RLS. I get minor (compared to detox) bouts of that every now and again. In fact, I just got a script for them for my back waiting for surgery now. They don't scare me, they are not narcotic and they sit on my bedside. I'm supposed to take 1 x 3 times day. I forget to take them until nighttime.

Peace,

Cat

UPDATE. .. but first, I always thank those who take time to comment, I applaud and thank you. 6pm today is 48 hours being clean, Sunday 6pm was the last I took any.. no lie, last night was the worst night, I wouldn't wish that on my enemies, I took like 4-5 hott hott showers and sit in the shower just thinking and promising ill never ever EVER do this again in my life, time to heal mind body soul, neglected for so long dating before my stressful 18hr days of work/college life.

Dr gave me .5mg of clozepam. 300mg of gaba with a schedule, and trazadone for sleep, says its ok to take them together, all do diff things and i dont have high blood pressure so suggested its good to let the body sustain it. I came clean with him, i've went to him since I was 16, i've never seen that man smile at me and say youre doing great and i really want to see you in a week, ill be thinking about you.. i thought that was cool, my dr is real quiet, pro's and cons w/ that = side topic lol

so yeah, honestly pot/xanax help alot, what helped the most? is telling yourself YOURE A BAD DUDE and nothing is too strong, i can weather a storm, lifes hit me harder in other ways. This train don't stop for no opiate ! won some battles but ill win the war bish !!! >

so that's what ill be taking tonight, any exp with Trazadone?

i hope gaba isnt addictive, he said its not and its all good

Good for you on all fronts! Coming clean with your doctor is hard. Really hard. Kudos!! No Gaba isn't addictive. I've had it before, had no desire to abuse it and stopped it abruptly when I didn't need it without issue. I had Trazadone in the past too. Never had issues with that either. Take it as directed and follow up with your doctor. You've got this. Love,love,love you spirit. What a difference a week makes. Right? Ha! I was lecturing you New Year's Eve and look at you go.

Peace,

Cat

Anonymous Guest

you're doing great man. Remember all this pain and struggle you're going through, as a reason not too go through it again. You should start too feel better physically in a day. Took a week for me to finally get some rest and for my legs to settle down some. Do anything you can to relax and stay positive.

Keep it up determined!!

I'm glad you told your doctor. There is no need to go through this without some comfort meds. They won't take away all the discomfort but honestly, we don't deserve that anyways. If we are honest with ourselves we would agree that the discomfort and pain should help remind us not to make this same mistake again.

Do not worry about the gabopentin, as everyone else has said. I was taking 1800mg- 3 times a day for 4 months straight and stopped without any issues. I didn't lower my dosage over time or anything, just stopped. I didn't feel any difference either. I got shingles when I was 25 and didn't go to the doctor within an reasonable amount of time because I didn't realize what it was. By the time I went in to get checked out, it was too late to treat. The pain in my back for those months following it was horrendous. I was given this and it actually helped a lot. I still had pain but it took the edge off and made it manageable.

When I was prescribed gabopentin as a comfort med I was a little shocked but it definately helped during the day especially since I saved all the others for night time. I would feel a tingly sensation and some relief for the restless legs. I did use super high doses but again, it was prescribed that way and probably because of how much I was taking before.

You are doing great and are so close to being through the worst of it. Soon enough you will go to lay down for the night and actually be able to sit still without wanting to jump out of your skin. I'm not familiar with the meds you were given to help you sleep so I hope it is helping? If not, hang in there.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-06-2016 at 03:11 AM.

********update!

so now, im officially 51hours clean, I feel great, the meds helped a ton, I slept 5-6 hours last night straight! God dang it felt so good, I needed every SECOND of it too, I just took my trazadone and bout to take the gabatein, thanks for the support and information, I was scared when I told him of his reaction, but again, my dad to still has a problem with the pills since like 20 years ago, hes elder and retired, so now he only takes tylenol 3 (hes had 3 back surgeries, same disc issue as mine, coincidence? ha!) He was actually really proud i came in and came clean and said please help i havent slept in 5 days, im dying inside..

he checked my vitals and stuff, told him the symptoms and gave me the stuff i asked him about gaba and he agreed, i told him about my injections and stuff too..

i'll be honest.. i havent smoked pot in 5 years...i loved it then.. i love it now .. i could get in alot of trouble w/ my job but screw it, my happiness and health is more important
    without the pot, idk how much harder this would've been but dang it, it feels good and relaxing.

so, I had a promethazine /codeine bottle my cousin gave me for his sickness, he never used it and knew i loved it...ive had it for 6 months, never used it because i always had oxys, it was my ''back up''. .. sickening right?

I came home today and recorded myself pouring it into the toilet, sent it to my gf and fam. They're all super supportive, and you all are too, ill never forget the words and information you all provided. Keep doing what you're doing... it makes a huge difference in peoples lives

i'll update again soon, take it easy team
    Ming23 and Catrina like this.

So glad to hear the meds are helping. I recall the first night I had the comfort meds to help me sleep. I woke up to the full withdrawals but that didn't matter. I was just so happy that I was able to sleep consistent hours that going through the WD's during the day didn't matter.

This may sound odd but feeling the wd symtoms actually made me feel better about it. I knew that was my bodies way of getting back to normal and as the days went on, the daytimes for better and better.

I know you're going to be feeling it very soon. Just be careful not to over medicate. I know right now its helping and is needed for sure. But in a couple days try cutting it down and then stopping sooner then later. It will just help make you feel a lot better about it as well.

Glad you are doing so well. :-).

Determined
    Proud of you!

That's the post I wanted to read, Determined. WAHOOO! I'm pretty sure it was my pep talk about a week ago, wasn't it? Ha! Glad you're getting through this. You sound amazing and I'm so proud of you. No lectures from his old crow tonight. Silence is golden. Have a spectacular weekend and KEEP POSTING!!

Peace,

Cat
    silverlining1 likes this.

**update**

High, real high. I just found smoking more offset some of the painful annoying symptoms, but I won't lie .. I dont want oxy at all, in fact- lookin back sometimes I can't believe I was doing that?

Also, Since my taper plan was a complete catastrophe I feel like all I did was extend the misery of the first few days- lesson learned -_- highway to hell was paved w/ good intentions ; (

So, in a couple hours will be 6 days clean and no desire to use at all- just want my body to bounce back.
    Back achy, making me herniation hurt even more, I bet its just achy and making it worst for a bit but will level out in the future? advice? exp?

Finally slept 6 hours last night, 5hrs the night before .. I havent slept at all practically all week til last two nights, however last night I didn't even use the docs meds, no xanax, nothing, no gaba .. i just was sick of swallowing a dang pill, just some pot, alot of really good food and rest

hope ya'll are doin good, im follow up . .. god bless
    Ming23 likes this.

Determined
    Glad your sleep is returning. That can be very trying.
    Six days clean! Good job!!!
    The body takes a while to bounce back. Feed it and nourish it. Hydrate!!
    We learn how to deal with our physical challenges without opiates. Symptoms lessen over time. I'm not going to make believe there is no pain in life. We just learn to deal with it in better ways.
    Hang in there! You're doing great!

How are you doing tonight?/ hope all is well.

Anonymous Guest

You've gotten through the worst determined!! Once the sleep came back for me it got much better. Stay positive man. Looking forward to hearing how you're doing.

hey team

another update, 1/12, the last time I took was 1/3 !! so i'm doing good, def smokin alot of bud, it's crazy how much it helps, however, it doesn't mitigate all the side effects and symptoms of w/d..

I still find myself a little achy at night, little stiff. . but, I don't think it's all w/d, some of it is being lazy and not stretching and having a job that i literally walk around and fix stuff, pretty physical, alot of squatting, twisting, bending, i wont lie it feels good somedas to know i can do alot of it and not be in too much pain, i stretch alot too.

did a follow up with the doctor yesterday, obviously he was happy to know i havent used, doing some blood work and stuff make sure everything is all healthy, physical in a couple weeks, feels better to know your blood is healthy!
    I def def def need more water and could afford to eat a smidge better but hey, I defeated demons, I deserve a little guilty pleasures right? that don't come in the form of a pill !!

So yeah, I feel good, still a little ansy, I find myself thinking "man i'd be hitting up him right now to buy some" or "looking at my phone and not doing it", it's strange times- it's welcomed and earned. It's a new journey, I totally feel like my life 180'd on me. I want to do some different stuff w/ my job, changing some stuff around, esp since I smoke now it'll def change the dynamics of what I do for a living ... .they can shove it.

It's my life! I smoke if I want. It beats all the other >>>> I could be doing, I get a GREAT deal from a buddy so a little last months. I hope the muscle achs at night lesson, my legs feel a LITTLE better, but still, they ache, sitll taking a bit to fall asleep, I still use 1 100mg trazadone, which helps, i dont like taking clonazepam that much, last thing is having my body like some of that, altho, xanax type of meds i cannot stand

I hope is all is great with you all, stay strong, thanks for checking on me, Its nice checking in here to follow up with stuff, its a stress reliever.
    I hope my other little symptoms wear off soon -_-

God bless.

Glad you're doing better and better. The more your sleep returns to whatever is normal for you, the better you will feel. It's tough to feel 100% on not enough sleep. This is a critical time for us but you'll slaying it!

I've got some major back issues too. After a bit, over the counter stuff kept things in control. People told me this and I didn't believe them but it's true. Your aches will get better, I promise and soon. Aleve helps me the most and I need fewer of them.

Congrats! You're doing well.

Peace,

Cat

And I take back that scolding I gave you early on. You are Determined. Nice to meet you.
    Ming23 likes this.

Thanks Catrina <3

eh I still feel like I'm lingering with a few symptoms, however just not any where near as severe as the beginning of this mess, i'm on day 12, crazy.. I'm pretty sure I just became a pothead now. Keeps my mind off pills not that I even crave it anymore, genuinely thoughout my time using it was the w/d's that i was avoiding the whole time.
    I'm hanging tough, at night around 6-7ish my cravings will kick in a bit, but not that I want it, but my body does...
    this ever go away? a month? 6? 1yr? it sucks, I still get cold at night but just a chill nothing bad. I sleep decent now, 6-8hrs a night, I can work with that : )
    The gabapentin I feel like it helps a little bit, if anything a placebo lol takes the edge off the nerve w/ out opiates.
    how are all of you doing? how long have you not used ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12