Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Judy3755 is offline Member

Here is my new problem, I went back to the pharmacy that made my Subutex wrong because they said they were going to remake what I hade left and I don't go to my doctor to get another prescription for the new pharmacy until tomorrow so I go there and they said the pharmist had to go out of town and forgot to leave instructions regarding my prescription ! I was so upset so I had no choice but take the wrong prescription back. So I don't know how much I'm taking or where to go from here.

I just want to give up
    UncleLeo likes this.

So I might be talking to myself but, tomorrow I'm going to start my 2.7mg taper all over and from there I will just keep tapering until I get off of the stuff.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Don't give up judy. Keep on chugging forward. You can do this!!
    Randy35 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

You got this Judy. This is all just part of the process...everyone has weird pharmacist stories...

I had so so many weird aches and pains and yuck stuff. It's just your body trying to stabilize - and have to somehow accept it and leave it at all - and know it WILL pass. Hang in there.
    Randy35 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Judy -

Uncle Leo and everyone else here that has responded to you is correct....what you're experiencing is all a normal part of this process. Please keep in mind that you were on Methadone for 20 years.....TWENTY YEARS Judy. That's an enormous amount of time to be on that stuff. It wreaks havoc in your body. It's a monster of a drug to free yourself from. I know this from personal experience as does anyone that has attempted to get off this stuff has.

While the subs have their own issues sometimes, the real issue is the Methadone and what harm it has caused you over those 20 years. Your body/system is fighting hard to gain some kind of normal control over itself and isn't sure what's happening right now. After 20 years of Methadone use, and you add in the subs, your body is under extreme duress. The subs aren't the real problem here, the Methadone is, or was. TIME is your best friend.

I always call this the fight of your life, for your life. And it really is just that. As everyone has already told you, you are doing absolutely great. Many would have already given up, but you haven't. Keep fighting Judy, just continue to fight and you'll be so happy you have hung in there.

Get back on the dose that keeps you stable and begin your taper again as you plan. I realize you think this has been going on forever, but it really hasn't been that long compared to the time you spent on the Methadone. As you slowly taper off the subs you'll have days where you feel better. Then the better days will become more frequent. By the time you've tapered completely off the subs you're body will have had time to adjust. Bottom line is you WILL get through this, and you WILL feel better. Just keep fighting for your life, and a life free of addictive drugs.

Randy

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    I'm picking up today and those are gel like little squares that you put under your tounge, there is no way I can cut it or figure out 2 mgs so all I can do now is take the 2.7 mgs and they actually come in 1.35mg squares so I take one in the morning and one at night.
    The pharmacy made me new 1.35 mg gels or whatever they are called and I took one at 5:00 so I'm not going to take one in the morning.
    Here is my new problem, I went back to the pharmacy that made my Subutex wrong because they said they were going to remake what I hade left and I don't go to my doctor to get another prescription for the new pharmacy until tomorrow so I go there and they said the pharmist had to go out of town and forgot to leave instructions regarding my prescription ! I was so upset so I had no choice but take the wrong prescription back. So I don't know how much I'm taking or where to go from here.
    What happened to the new gel ones? How did you get them in the first place? New script or transfer? Did they not give you enough to get you through to your appointment?

I'm going to start tapering off again at 2.9 mg where I was stable and then drop down to 2.7 with the new pharmacy after 10 days
    that should get me back on track. The pharmacy that screwed up did call me last night and apologized and offered to make me whole new prescription and deliver to me .

I know everyone says I doing good but it never feels like it . This last week has been the worst and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I went to the Subutex doctor who called the new pharmacy and since we don't know how much I was taken they both said I should go back up to 3mg and stay on that for two weeks and start tapering down 10 percent every two weeks from there . They are giving to me In liquid form. So I'm going back up instead of tapering down. I've been so depressed and feeling like I'm detoxing all over again when last week I had hope
    UncleLeo likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Good morning Judy. Been thinking about your taper and worry that you'll never feel better again. I can tell you that lately I've been doing, thinking and feeling better than I probably have since before my Dad got sick. And that was over a decade ago...since you'll get better.

You got me thinking about my taper and the 3mg-ish area so I dug out my old post from 3mg:

11/25/15:
    "Thank you Ming and everybody else! Having a bit of a rough day today, do other people have that? Some days are fine, some miserable, same dose?

Anyway - It's still morning so we'll see... but you know what, and I don't know how best to explain it, other than, days like this, I surrender this battle. You win subs. Some days you just kick my ass, but I'll tread water - and just hang on, accepting that to win this marathon I'm gonna stumble, fall, at times just crawl. But I can see people running up ahead of me, there's light up there...and some people coming along slowly behind me...all in this together.

And also the millions standing (or probably laying down on the sidelines, frozen and fearful. To all those people who stumble through this thread some day, pick yourself up, lace up your sneakers, and start today...whatever day that is for you. If I can make it this far, so can you).

So that was my "Back to the Future" advice to you from 2015...marathon I had no idea how true those words would be...

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

There's the Hope....
    We do recover....
    Beefaroni7272 and UncleLeo like this.

Anonymous Guest

@UncleLeo

What a thoughtful thing to do for Judi.
    Lvg nghtmare and UncleLeo like this.

Thanks for thinking about me and the kind words. This week has been beyond frustrating , when I was doing so good. Today I'm going let things go and start new tapering ,I made it from16mg to 3 mg I'm just going to have keep going and hope things get better and maybe I will be done with it in a couple months..,,
    UncleLeo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

I got the liquid Subutex and the the doctor prescribed 1.5 mg every 12 hours and I took the first dose and a half hour later I was shaking so bad it's way too much I can't go through anymore I'm going to try and figure out how to go back to the 2.9 mg because that was the last dose I was stable and taper from there this is a nightmare

Anonymous Guest

Judy you are splitting hairs between 1.50 and 1.45 twice a day, and dare I say, prolonging your taper unnecessarily.

If 3mg per day is too much, that's great. I'd try 1.0 twice a day and see if that works. You can always go up a little if you get chills and sweats.

Since we know the compounded pills weren't that accurate, you probably weren't taking 2.9 a day anyway. You just thought you were.

If you want to tell us how the liquid is mixed, we can double check that you are dosing correctly. For example, how many milligrams per ml? Did they give you a syringe or cup?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 05:01 AM.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

"Prolonging your taper unnecessarily"

What I mean by that is:

If 1.5 is too much, I seriously doubt 1.45 is going to make a difference. So why bother?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I got the liquid Subutex and the the doctor prescribed 1.5 mg every 12 hours and I took the first dose and a half hour later I was shaking so bad it's way too much I can't go through anymore I'm going to try and figure out how to go back to the 2.9 mg because that was the last dose I was stable and taper from there this is a nightmare

Judy -

It appears to me that when you took the first dose of 1.5mg and a half hour later felt "shaking so bad" it means two very important things to me.

1. It certainly sounds like you were in precipitated withdrawals. Maybe, maybe not.
    2. If you were sick after taking the dose you just have felt ok before dosing?

Could you still have Methadone in your system, YES, I believe it's entirely possible and causing all these problems you're experiencing. Based on all the evidence I'm reading it's certainly makes sense to me.

How about trying this Judy...

Don't take another dose of sub. Stop taking the sub for as long as you can possibly go. See how you feel after a couple/three days compared to how you feel when on the subs. Is it different? Do you feel better or worse when off the subs or on the subs? It might not be easy to stop taking the subs, but it will give us the answer we're searching for.

At the end of 2 or 3 days of no subs in your system you should begin feeling a little better. You can always go back on a lower dose of subs after the trial period if you want. But I would not start back taking more than 1mg twice daily, or a total of 2mg daily if it were me. Less would be better in fact.

My thoughts are that every time you dose on the subs you are going into PWD's. I could be completely wrong, but after researching I'm convinced this may be the answer.

Lets's give it a try ok. Nothing will be hurt in the process.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Seems Randy and I are on a the same or similar page.

My take on the situation is that she has concurrent issues. Post acute symptoms and still suffering a form of withdrawal specifically from Methadone after taking for for 20 years, and secondly, using too much Subutex as prescribed by her doctor. Not her fault.

- Judy was hospitalized when tapering/stopping methadone
    - Subutex did not relieve these symptoms, which is what it's designed to do, and taking too much exacerbated her discomfort.
    - The only time I've heard her change complaints, chills and sweats, is recently when the pharmacy seemingly screwed up. This would indicate current true withdrawal from Subutex.

I also think she needs to separate her symptoms. Chills and sweats versus anxiety and shakes.

If she can handle 1mg twice a day without chills and sweats, that's all she needs. Or like Randy said, maybe even a smaller dose. It will be trial and error.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 07:29 AM.

I just read all your posts, for the first time being on the subs I was feeling ok , I was taking 2.9 mgs 1.45mgs in the morning and 1.45mgs at night same amount and the same time everyday , that was for nine days and I thought I am finally doing good then that's when I tapered down to 2.7mgs and the pharmacy messed up. So for the next 5 days I don't know what exactly what amount I was taking but for the first time I was having chills all the time it only stopped when I get the new Subutex liquid. Which is 1.5 mgs twice a day. But this is too much because now I'm shaking all the and have bad anixety like I did when I was on the higher doses of subutex 16mg etc. So yesterday I took my first dose of the 1.5 mg at 2:00 then the pharmist told me to take the second dose at 10:00 and so on for the 7 days. After the first dose I knew it was too much so the next dose I took less and this morning I took the same amount (less) I am so afraid to stop the Subutex I already feel terrible I'm so shaking and nervous the chills have gone away I just feel the same when I was on the higher dose I'm sorry to keep bothering everyone but I can't miss anymore more work and that's what I think will happen if I stop taking the Subutex.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Anonymous Guest

After the first dose I knew it was too much so the next dose I took less and this morning I took the same amount (less) I am so afraid to stop the Subutex I already feel terrible I'm so shaking and nervous the chills have gone away I just feel the same when I was on the higher dose I'm sorry to keep bothering everyone but I can't miss anymore more work and that's what I think will happen if I stop taking the Subutex.
    Wouldn't this suggest that you are still taking too much?

How much "less" did you take?

So I was given a syringe and told to take 1 mg which is 1.5 mg twice a day which would give me 3 mg a day yesterday I took the 1 mg and that was too much this morning I took between the 1mg and the 0.9 mg which is still too much , I don't know how much to take? Please help
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Just to confirm the dosing instructions:

1ml = 1.5mg of medicine and you are to take 1ml twice a day totaling 3mg.

If that is correct, and you want to figure the math with me, every .1 on the syringe is .15mg. (.15 x 10 = 1.5 mg/1.0 ml - checking math)

So if you took .9 that's 1.35mg (9 x .15 = 1.35mg)

If you want to try 1 mg twice a day, take .7 each time. (7 x .15 = 1.05) or (6 x .15 = .90)

Being ultra cautious here, but the syringe you have is the small 1ml/cc size with .1 (point one) increments. Right?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Yes that's correct

So I should be going from 2.9 mg to 2 mgs? I was stable at 2.9 and was suppose to taper to 2.7 mg but never got too. So shouldn't I go to 2.7mh

Anonymous Guest

You took .9 (1.35) and said that felt like too much. That's half of 2.7!

I don't really want to tell you what to do, but most of the board has suggested "trying" 2 mg a day. If you get the chills, you can always go up a little.

Maybe some others will post tonight and share their thoughts. If it were me, I'd try it. You already feel like chit anyway. And with the previous pharmacy's inconsistencies, you don't really know if you were on EXACTLY 2.9.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 05:20 PM.

I'm sorry I understand so I'm going to .9 and I will be taking 2.7 mg thank you for your help

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry I understand so I'm going to .9 and I will be taking 2.7 mg thank you for your help
    When you took .9 did it make you sick?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Anonymous Guest

I took between the 1mg and the 0.9 mg which is still too much , I don't know how much to take? Please help
    Judy, just to be clear, I didn't say take .9

I'm getting confused I took took the 1mg twice, both times I got really shakey and anxious, this morning I took between the 9 and the 1 mg so that would be 9.5 now I'm going to taking the .9 because 9.5 made me feel the same way shakey and anxious . I just need to do what you said take the .9 and try to be stable at that. This is ruining my life I don't go anywhere I just feel anxious I think about the Subutex all the time. A week ago I felt so much better , I'm so depressed

Anonymous Guest

I just need to do what you said take the .9 and try to be stable at that. This is ruining my life I don't go anywhere I just feel anxious I think about the Subutex all the time. A week ago I felt so much better , I'm so depressed
    No, I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by 1232 View Post
    You took .9 (1.35) and said that felt like too much. That's half of 2.7!

I don't really want to tell you what to do, but most of the board has suggested "trying" 2 mg a day. If you get the chills, you can always go up a little.

Maybe some others will post tonight and share their thoughts. If it were me, I'd try it. You already feel like chit anyway. And with the previous pharmacy's inconsistencies, you don't really know if you were on EXACTLY 2.9.
    If it were me, I'd take .7 two times a day and see if I got the chills/sweats. That's roughly 2mgs.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast