Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Anonymous Guest

You need to stop splitting hairs as it's causing you more anxiety. You're focusing in on a half of a tenth of an ml. - in between .9 and 1ml and isn't going to make a difference.

Judy3755 is offline Member

I give up now I'm getting the chills and the shakes I don't know what's wrong with me

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Oh Judy I'm sorry your having to go through all this. I know it's awful and yes defeating at times. You have to really want this for yourself Judy. Anxious and shaky all part of the process this is normal. Are bodies and brain are so messed up from all the drugs we have abused for many years. If this process of going through withdrawals was easy we all wouldn't have ended up here. Sorry just getting honest you have to make a plan and stick with it. Please go back and read Randy's post I promise you he knows what he's talking about. Maybe take his suggestion and stop the subs for a few days to see how you feel eh? If your already anxious and shaking maybe it will get easier. Methadone is a God awful drug and I know from experience many many years of extremely high doses it takes time but Judy I'm almost 19 months free of handcuffs that held me down over 30+years and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself... I promise you just push through it and it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. I'm sure UncleLeo will be by with his experience with subs. We are all here to support Judy...
    Randy35 likes this.

I am really listening to all of you and I really am fighting you don't know how hard everyday. I know I did this to myself. I'm scared to just stop the Subutex I'm just really scared to get more sick. If lowering this dose still has me shaking I'm going to have to stop. I feel this forum is helps me so much but I'm still scared.How is stopping the Subutex for a couple days going to help me?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-20-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Randy35 likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

I know Judy that your scared I was to I was so scared of the withdrawals it kept me in active addiction 40years. If I can tell you just one thing fight threw this shaking and chills really not that big of a deal I promise you that you won't die you may feel like chit but it's just a feeling it will pass. I quit the methadone cold turkey so I really have no experience with subs but it sounds like Randy said either you were in precipitated wd. If after a few days with No subs in your system see if you are feeling better. Than if you want go back to 1 twice a day no more hesuggested.
    This is up to you Judy let us know what you plan is moving forward..
    Randy35 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    I am really listening to all of you and I really am fighting you don't know how hard everyday. I know I did this to myself. I'm scared to just stop the Subutex I'm just really scared to get more sick. If lowering this dose still has me shaking I'm going to have to stop. I feel this forum is helps me so much but I'm still scared.How is stopping the Subutex for a couple days going to help me?

Here's why I suggested you stop taking the subs for 2 or 3 days Judy...

I believe that after consuming Methadone for 20 years you MAY still have some residual of this drug in your system. Perhaps it's lingering in your cells and fatty tissue. Yes, that does happen, and YES, that is entirely possible even after being off the Methadone this long.

So IF this is possible, it's putting you into precipitated withdrawals every time you take a dose of the subs. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. I have personally helped hundreds of people both on and off subs over the years. I don't know a single person that subs hasn't worked for exactly as it's supposed to work. Not one person hasn't received a benefit of subs IF they use it correctly. Your case is one of extreme measures and far above the norm. And NO, none of this is your fault, so please don't think that. We just have to continue trying to figure it out by trying different approaches with your help and understanding. And believe me I KNOW you're trying, and trying hard.

Why I'm suggesting you stop the subs is to try and see if you're better off without them. Lets clear your system of the subs for a few days and see how you feel. If you feel sick every time you take a dose that's simply no good so why not try something else? If it were me I would stop taking the subs for as long as you possibly can. Try your best to make it 2 or 3 days (longer is better) with absolutely no subs. If you begin to feel better we'll have our answer and you can forget the subs completely.

If however you begin to feel sick after the trial time you can always get back on the subs, but I would definitely get back on a LOWER dose as I previously suggested. I wouldn't;t go over 2mg total per day if I were you. Then begin the taper process again.

Bu t first you must have faith and agree to give this an honest effort Judy. I'm thinking you'll feel better OFF the subs rather than ON them due to the length of time you were on the Methadone. It's totally up to you, but this is my best advice.

Randy

Here goes my first day no subs!!! I'm listening to Randy , my daughter graduates from college Thursday I hope I'm ok to go by then. I have faith.o

Here goes my first day no subs!!! I'm listening to Randy , my daughter graduates from college Thursday I hope I'm ok to go by then. I have faith.o
    Thank you Judy, Thank You for agreeing to give this a try. I'm hoping it's the answer we need to get you moving forward. Now this isn't going to be easy, but it shouldn't be terrible either. Have a positive approach to this, use all the willpower and determination you have as you go these next few days without the subs.

The first day, and perhaps the second day with no subs will challenge you, but you have already displayed the strength required to make this happen.

Fingers crossed.

I'll check back as often as I possibly can.

You can do this Judy....I know you can.

Randy

OKC-26 is offline Member

You can do it judy!

Like they said above, you already feel sick so what do you have to lose here?? Give it an honest try and see!

Wishing you the best!
    Lvg nghtmare and Randy35 like this.

Anonymous Guest

That's great that you are trying this. Wishing you all the best.
    Randy35 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Shaking my pom poms for you Judy!!! You can do this.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

To all of you you thank you , I'm just taking one day at a time it's been 24 hours hours !!
    Catrina, Lvg nghtmare and OKC-26 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

To all of you you thank you , I'm just taking one day at a time it's been 24 hours hours !!
    Great news Judy. I too hope this will give you the answer to get you on the right track and feeling better. How are you feeling now?

Peace,

Cat

Right I'm feeling ok but I'm scared because I've been on the subs for seven months and then to just stop I'm afraid I'm going to get really sick
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

I'm starting to feel bad my body is hurting , I keep yawning I'm so uncomfortable and can't sit still
    Catrina likes this.

Good job, Judy. Don't be afraid. The goal is to get good and sick and to try and induct all over again. Just keep in mind that when you're ready, relief will only be a dose away. I know that you're not feeling good right now but hang on as long as you can. If you can get through the night, that would be great. If you can't, then begin to dose with tiny doses once an hour until you feel better. Begin with .50 (1/2) of a mg and then wait an hour to allow it to be at full effect. If you need more, then begin to add .25 (1/4) of a mg once an hour until you do feel well. I know this is a slow process but this is going to be the best way to figure out your lowest effective dose. Your pharmacy messed you up but maybe it's a blessing in disguise and you can finally find the correct dose for you. Just remember that the only way to do that is to go very slowly like I described. It'll be worth it in the end. The longer you can wait before you begin to induce, the better it will be. Hang on tight and do your best. My fingers are crossed that this will all be worth it. I'm glad that Randy stopped in and encouraged you to do this. He's the Man where subs are concerned and I'd trust him every single time.

Check in whenever you want or need to so we know how you're doing.

Peace,

Cat

I'm not doing good all ready I shouldn't have started this until Friday because I will be off 5 days plus my daughter is graduating Thursday . I know Randy and all of you know what your talking about.if I don't want to mess this up I having have any subs for over 24 hours but what do you think if I re start this Thursday so I can have at least 5 days when I'm sick I don't have to worry about missing work because there is no way I can miss work and I can't miss anymorbwork, I've already missed so much
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-21-2018 at 10:46 PM.

It's your call Judy. If you can just make it til tomorrow, you can restart if you need to. Relief will be close at hand and you'll be fine within a few hours. If you'd rather wait, then this is your show. If you do take a dose tonight, try a small amount. I'd try .5 (1/2mg) and if you're still feeling badly (probably will) then take another .25mg dose. You can repeat that until you do feel OK then STOP. Be sure to keep track of how much you took before you became stable because that will be your new dose.

Let us know what you do. Please don't just take your 2.7 (or whatever you were at) but go slowly instead. That was the entire point of not dosing today at all so that you could finally figure out what dose you should be at.

Peace,

Cat

Anonymous Guest

If you need to dose, remember the calculations for the liquid:

Each tenth on syringe = .15mg (1ml = 1.5mg per your script you confirmed earlier)
    .2 = .30mg
    .3 = .45mg
    .4 = .60mg
    .5 = .75mg
    .6 = .90mg
    .7 = 1.05mg

Try not to go over .7 if you can feel comfortable enough. Remember, you felt like .9 was too much.

If you start low and add every two hours like Cat said, it's cumulative. You are going to ADD to the amount you already took. Meaning, each earlier dose counts in the equation. Write down what you took so you don't forget.

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, should have perhaps mentioned that if you want to do what Cat suggested .25mg or .50mg, round up/down to the nearest liquid tenth calculations. My point is that .30mg is close enough to .25mg. Since you have the liquid, we have to work around the easiest way to dose and how it's set up. It's about the increments not the teeny tiny difference in milligrams at this point. I didn't want Judy to worry about getting .25mg if she took that literally.

It's 3:00 in the morning I tried to dose because I was so sick whatever I took it was too much I'm going to have to start this over because the samething happened I have to make sure I have the doses right I didn't get 1232 post until after I went to bed everything is so messed up .
    UncleLeo likes this.

Anonymous Guest

How much did you take on the syringe?

It's 3:00 in the morning I tried to dose because I was so sick whatever I took it was too much I'm going to have to start this over because the samething happened I have to make sure I have the doses right I didn't get 1232 post until after I went to bed everything is so messed up .
    Judy, when you take a dose of sub you MUST know exactly what dose you're taking. It's not going to help matters if you aren't 100% certain of the dose you're taking.

Ok, so you couldn't make it the 2-3 days off the subs as we had hoped so that plan is not going to work I guess. I wanted you completely off the subs for those days to clear your system a bit of the subs and attempt to start over at a much lower dose. I was hoping you would begin to feel better instead of worse but that doesn't seem to be the case. Sorry.

So you're sick if you don't take the subs and you get sick if you do take them. Tough, tough case that's for sure.

Can you please list ALL the medication(s) you're taking on a daily basis, the mgs, and how long you've been taking it. I know you said way back in this thread you were taking Ambien and Gabapentin. Are you still on those meds? What other meds do you take?

Randy
    UncleLeo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

I take Gabapentin 300 mgs twice a day, for seven months , ambien 5 mg once at bedtime for one year,clonazepam .25mg one half in the morning and one at night and clonidine twice a day and I've been taking that for 20 years for high blood pressure. Last night was the worst night I've had in months. All day I was good with no subs then last night I got bad withdrawls my husband helped we take the Subutex but he said he gave me to .9 which was too much. Whatever you say to do is what I'm going to do. I'm not going to work to anxious and shaking
    Randy35 likes this.

I can't take this anymore

Randy
    If you can let me know what you think I should do whatever you suggest I'm going to do I've reached the end .

At this point I screwed every thing up I took too much my daughter is going to help me with the doses if someone can tell what exactly I need to do from here I'm going follow the instructions exactly what I am told I feel my life depends on it.

Fran421 is offline Member

Hi Judy I realize this has been a very traumatic experience for you. I am pulling for you Judy and I know somebody with more experience will answer you soon. Just be patient. I know your wanting to give up but like the saying goes 'lifes a >>>>> but we keep trying." Take care Fran.
    Catrina likes this.

It's been beyond traumatic I feel like I want to die and I feel like I am dying.

I'm so up and down with the doses I don't know where to go and I'm sorry to keep asking but I'm here shaking haven't slept my daughter is freaking out along with me on what to do

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast