Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Anonymous Guest

You don't need to apologize for venting. Keep airing it out especially if it helps you.

Judy3755 is offline Member

I feel I'm by myself and alone I just can't get out of this terrible terrible funk.

I wonder if there is anyone at there that is tapering off and having a hard time through the whole process like I am ?

Woke up again with same pains, when is this going to stop? Everyday is so hard I don't know why it's so hard for me . I've been stuck on 3.3 mg for a week now and the compound pharmacy won't have my new prescription ready until Thursday that's 12 days I will be on 3.3 mg and then I will still not be under 3 mg yet I am one of the people that has never felt good on Subutex so going lower isn't going to help it's only going to make me worse. It will be another 6 months before I get off this stuff (hopefully) I wish I had something good to say but i don't and I don't feel good about anything . I really don't think I can make it, if I'm posting too much negativity I'm sorry.

Anonymous Guest

Did you feel sick on methadone? Did you feel sick while tapering methadone? How much were you on, and how low did you taper to before switching to Subutex?

I never felt sick on methadone. I was taking the methadone for 15 - 20 years and I was taking 40 mg a day. I starting tapering and was sick everyday , I didn't know why I was so sick , my doctor didn't know I was taking methadone. I ended up in the hospital the second week I started tapering down on methadone, I got the worst headache of my life I thought I was dying and something was wrong with me. When I got out of the hospital my husband researched methadone withdrawls and realized that was what was wrong with me. I was sick from withdrawling from methadone for a whole year. Then I found out about Subutex .I was never told by the Subutex doctor had bad it is for you and that the withdrawls are terrible but I never researched which is what I should have done. It's been 6 months since I took methadone and I was taking 5 mg
    when I stopped. I read Uncle Leo's thread and he was sick the whole time he was Subutex and so was one other person
    the same with me. I don't think I'm strong enough to go through six more months of bad withdrawls from Subutex. Thank you for lisrdnjng

I know everyone is busy today but I am so sick and so depressed today. When am I going to feel any better? I know I am annoying but I don't know where else to turn.....,,

does anyone know what is the smallest amount you taper down too 10 percent ?

This is way worse then anything I ever felt in my life , I know I keep complaining and I keep replying back to myself.i feel like the Subutex is poisoning me . Maybe because I'm older my body cant tolerate Subutex . At this point I have no hope.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Judy,

The amount you reduce isn't as important as being consistent. I know that part of what is stressing you out is the dread of being this sick for another six months. You keep saying that. Well, because you're down to 3.3mg/day, you should be able to finish your taper in a lot less time than that and if it were me, that's exactly what I'd do. I'd stay at your same dose for around five days and make a reduction and keep at it. What the heck? You're feeling poorly anyway and five days between reductions isn't too fast. May as well get this over with and really begin to heal.

Not a lot of choices for you. Methadone made you sick and that's worse than subs anyway so don't even consider going back to that! It seems to me the best choice is to be as diligent as possible with regular reductions and get off the subs.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I can't thank you enough for always responding back to me!i totally trust everything you tell me. My doctor has already sent
    the compound pharmacy the prescription for the rest of my taper and it's 10 percent every 7 days but reading Uncle Leo's tread as he was tapering at the end it got worse so I was thinking to taper less then 10 percent. I can hardly work now because I'm sick all time , what do you think about that?

Right now everything hurts me even my toes,not kidding, I don't know if all these different things that are hurting me are real or if it's because I not taking any drugs but it's scarey. I trying to drink a lot of water now, it's hard because I don't eat I have now lost 65lbs over the last year since I stopped the methadone - sorry to keep complaining to you . I feel you guys are the only people that understand what I'm going through. Thanks again and again

When is this ever going to end? Sick again and again and again shaking and shaking I don't think it's ever going to end I go to bed sick and wake up sick.

All I do is think about being sick all the time 24hours I go to bed thinking about wake up thinking about it. How do I stop

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Judy, yes it's going to end but we didn't get here in one day it takes Time...
    Get yourself to a meeting. Believe me it will help we cannot do this alone. I've been where your at could barely move. Everything you are feeling is normal you were on methadone a very long time. Just push through it You have to really want this for yourself more than anything....

Judy,

I have been exactly where you are. Like you, I went from Methadone to Sub and had a very difficult time with the switch. The first time I made the switch years ago, I still wasn’t stable even on 12mgs of Sub. I got relief for a little while and within a few hours I’d be getting withdrawal symptoms so I ended up back on Methadone. Almost 2 years ago I made the decision to quit and went back to Sub a few months to taper before jumping and noticed the same thing happened as the first time I switched but still tapered the best I could and made the jump. There are some people who can’t seem to stabilize on Sub once they have made the switch from long term Methadone use. You’re doing well and if you can get in a mindset where you know and expect some anxiety, restlessness and some sleep issues, then it will be much more manageable. Just keep with your taper and once you are off Sub and as your brains receptors begin to heal, you’ll be feeling better and better. In time, this will all be but a memory.

*Judy this member has been exactly where you are at.
    He kept pushing through it yes it was hell but you can do this
    He's now 2years clean off the garbage... You got this...

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    For the third night I couldn't sleep, haven had a bowel movement in a week , has been that way since I started the Subutex just want to give up on everything . I just read uncle leo thread all the way and it really makes me want to give up more, he sounds exactly how I feel and it took him months of pain to get off of this . I don't think I can do it
    *Uncle Leo never gave up... Perseverance*

Thank you sometimes I feel like I'm going to die,not just saying it ,I feel like I'm dying. Sometimes the pain, the anixety is more then I can take. Some days I can't believe I'm still here.everyone says just one day at a time.Sometimes it hard to imagine one minute at a time. At times it more then I can take.doing and feeling like this for a few months feels impossible.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey judy. I'm sorry you are still having issues. I wish I had the answer for you. Keep your head up. I know it's tough. But you can do this. I remember earlier in your thread Randy was asking about your other meds. Are you working on tapering them down as well? Keep on trucking and posting. Even if you don't get any responses right away. Don't get discouraged, keep on trucking and this will be a memory in no time.

It's the fight of your life. For your life

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Today I felt ok I just don't get it . Saturday and Sunday I really felt like I wanted to die, I think the last two days were the worst I felt in year and a since I started this whole process. I knew I wasn't going to make it to work today since I was so sick the last two days but I went and it was one of the better days I had at work in a long time which scares me since once I have a good day I know really bad days are coming. This whole process has made me so negative . I did start protein shakes today and really trying to drink a lot of water and trying not to eat fast food. Am I posting too much?
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I'm trying not to taper down on my ambien or clonazepam until I finish tapering off the Subutex I take one of each a day and they are both low doses.I've been told but I know they are both hard to get off of but again I was told not to try to taper off of either one of them yet. It seems I will be tapering off of something for years.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

It just came back not even 24 hours later the worst withdrawls or whatever it is. It's been 8 days on the same dose no reliefnothing is making this better as much as I want to be positive I can't I read other people's post and maybe they are healthier and stronger than me. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time.the more withdrawls I have the more desperate I get. I'm hurting my family so bad from this. Judy3755

DegenerateJunkie is offline New Member

Yeah that's normal. Im fact you will probably always feel that since of emptiness, like something is missing and weird jittery nervousness. It sucks. Sorry that doesn't help at all. I really hope I'm wrong. That would be good news for both of us

I hope your wrong I haven't read that on any one else's post.Some day if I ever get past this Im hoping this horrible feeling goes away but I'm already 60 and maybe all of this won't ever go away.
    Catrina likes this.

I'm so confused on the posting I was trying to have Uncle respond to me and I don't even know if I can do that and now I'm on the wrong thread?? I was so anxious and confused when I did it help!!!

I don't know what to say anymore nothing helps nothing makes we feel even a little bit better, I just called my husband to pick me up to take me to the hospital but he says they can't fo anything I asked the pharmist and she said I'm the 1 percent Subutex doesn't work for so where does that leave me ? dead?

Judy, where are you at what dose how many days on that dose? Once a day? Twice a day and time you are taking it? What withdrawal symptoms are you experiencing?

I am taking 3.32 mg a day, 1.6 mg at 5 pm and 1.6 mg at 5 or 6 am when I get up either 5 am or 6 am, I've been on this amount for 8 days and I have bad anixety shaking, can't sit still , feel like I have the flu everything !! Please help if you can

Everyone says I'm doing good but I'm not I get worse everyday could it be I'm taking the Subutex every 12 hours instead of 8 or 10 hours? But yesterday I felt ok today terrible

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    I never felt sick on methadone. I was taking the methadone for 15 - 20 years and I was taking 40 mg a day. I starting tapering and was sick everyday , I didn't know why I was so sick , my doctor didn't know I was taking methadone. I ended up in the hospital the second week I started tapering down on methadone, I got the worst headache of my life I thought I was dying and something was wrong with me. When I got out of the hospital my husband researched methadone withdrawls and realized that was what was wrong with me. I was sick from withdrawling from methadone for a whole year. Then I found out about Subutex .I was never told by the Subutex doctor had bad it is for you and that the withdrawls are terrible but I never researched which is what I should have done.
    Since you started your methadone taper, you've been sick? Did I read that right?

If so, perhaps it isn't the Sub making you sick, but rather the lack of methadone, and Sub just has not provided any relief.

What happened between the time you stopped methadone and started Sub? Was there a dry period, how long was that, and how did you feel?

Do you feel equally as sick on Sub as your methadone taper?

I think this is important information to clarify going forward. Don't give up just yet Judy. You've come so far.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast