Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Judy3755 is offline Member

I just talk to my Subutex doctor and he suggested for me to go bac on methadone

I tapered down from methadone for a year before I started on Suboxone so for 3 days on was taking nothing my doctor put me on 16 mg of Suboxone but I was getting headaches so he switched me to 16 mg of Subutex and I still have been sic the whole time 6 months, I started to taper myself off because I read hear 16 mg of Subutex was too high. I'm down to 3.2 mg now but the same issue I have been sick the whole time. I soo lost at what to do and what the problem is except get back on methadone ?

So the longest I was off of methadone was three days and that was six months ago but I tapered down from 40 mg of methadone to 10 mg ( took a year)and then I switched to Suboxone after 3 days 16 mg then was switched to 16 mg of Subutex. I hope I explained it right.

I really really (desperately) need help in deciding what I should do about going back on methadone or not. I hate sounding
    so desperate I have a husband and 20 year old daughter that are so upset because they don't know how to help me. I don't know how to help myself at this point.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    So the longest I was off of methadone was three days and that was six months ago but I tapered down from 40 mg of methadone to 10 mg ( took a year)and then I switched to Suboxone after 3 days 16 mg then was switched to 16 mg of Subutex. I hope I explained it right.
    Were you ever able to stablize on lower amounts of methadone? Was your taper with methadone at controlled doses like the sub taper plan is?

Suboxone gave me horrible headaches too. Made me so sick I would cry, so you are not alone on that one.

So my Subutex doctor called me back and her is what she now says
    1. I am at 3.3mg of Subutex, I should stop taking it when I get down to 2mg ???? Everything I read here says to go down as low as you can- she told me her partner went to a seminar and that is one of the things he was told.The other thing was if I wasn't going to stop at 2mg I should taper fast so I can feel better. She told me to take more clozapine . I am so confused by my doctor. I am not going stop taking the Subutex st 2mg I'm going to have her keep prescribing the Subutex
    10 percent lower every 10 days until I stop taking it. I'm only going to take the clozapine when I need it. I hope this is correct and I hope I can make it through its already been the hardest and worst thing I've ever been through.

In the beginning when I started to taper off the methadone I was fine but after 2 months I was so sick, I thought I had the flu then I ended up in the hospital with the worst headache , I was there for a week, had no idea it was from tapering the methadone ever since then I have been sick. I went from spending a year sick from tapering methadone to the last six months from the Subutex I WANT TO GIVE UP

No the methadone taper was not controlled I did it on my own, no doctor

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Judy, I'm going to ask Again... what withdrawal symptoms are you experiencing right now today?

I have bad anixety and have bad shakes,that nothing helps it like my nerves are jumping inside my body. I read were you said you stopped methadone also, can you tell have long you were taking it and how long it took you before you felt any kind of normal?

Oh Judy, where to begin. Rls anxiety all normal there is No pill that is going to take it all away believe me I have searched. It takes Time for our bodies to heal from all the drugs we put in. Read my thread I had an awful time in early recovery the physical withdrawals from the methadone I thought I was going to die. Believe me I wined and cried here hundreds of times a day. For me getting clean and staying clean is the utmost hardest thing I've have ever done in my life. I abused drugs for forty years.
    I kept asking you what your withdrawal symptoms felt like because I feel your pain I've been there but we all have to go through it there is no easy way out. If getting off the garbage was easy we would not be here on DDC asking for help from other Addicts. You have to be Mentally prepared to kick the junk. You have to stay positive and know this too shall pass this is up to you Judy you have to want this for yourself. Getting face to face support has been crucial in my recovery. I know you said you can't get a ride but believe me like you chase your drugs chase your recovery. When you get time read my thread I too have been right where you are at. It does get better we can and do recover...
    OKC-26 and Catrina like this.

I know I can get a ride if I need to , my husband will take me I make excuses all the time . I'm looking up meeting as soon as I finish this post.I feel so sick everyday I ask to go to the hospital, to sit there or anywhere at this point feels impossible. After 6 months on Subutex I think something is wrong with me and how can I sit there and listen.

I'm not as strong as you guys

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Judy,

I left a post for you a couple of hours ago but it has disappeared. Living is right, I'm sorry to agree this time but she is. There's no question that the anxiety and jitters are terrible but almost everyone, if not everyone, has trouble with it at different degrees at different times. Have you always had some level of anxiety even before you began to use any narcotic? If you have, how you feel now is likely attributed to that rather than "symptoms". You're so freaked out by this taper, stressing out about being sick and not knowing what to do that that is adding to your emotional upheaval and overall anxiety. No taper or detox has us feeling perfectly fine. I know. You'd settle for OK at this point but I think that if you'd begin to come to terms with feeling more poorly than you wish you were, some of that anxiety may begin to ease off. The "symptoms" that we are always talking about that indicate you're not stable are diarrhea, restless legs, nausea, and overall aches and pains. Anxiety, cravings, poor sleep versus no sleep, are to be totally expected whether you are stable or getting stable after a reduction. These latter symptoms usually come and go at varying severity even when you are stable. They're just a part of the process and no one is likely to avoid them.

1232 asked and you didn't really tell us how you felt when you were taking the methadone BEFORE you began to taper. Compare how you felt on methadone versus how you feel on subs.

I'm not sure whether you ever told us or not but why did you decide to switch to subs? I do remember that you just told us that it was when you got to a lower dose of methadone and were really having trouble that your doctor switched you to subs. At least that's what I understand, is this right?

Here's the thing. I think that should you decide to go back on methadone that you'd be taking a step backwards. If you do decide to go back on methadone, what's your plan? Are you going to take a break and try to taper from the methadone? If that's the case, what would be different? You told us that when you were tapering the methadone, it wasn't bad at the beginning but got hard when you got to a lower dose. Why wouldn't you hit this brick wall again? My point is that I don't see how switching back is going to make things better unless you go back up to a higher dose and I assume that you don't want to do that!!

I'll try and check in once more before I go to bed. If I miss you, I'll watch for your post in the morning.

Peace,

Cat

PS This post was longer than I intended. I put my questions in bold text so they'd stand out. Answer those questions and maybe we can figure some things out and give you our opinion about considering switching back to meth.

I was taking the methadone. to get high and was getting them from a family member who has since passed away. I had to stop taking them because I couldn't get them anymore . I always felt good on them never had a problem taking them. As far as anixety I was taking the methadone for 20 years and I don't ever remember having any anixety but I was high all the time. I don't want to go back on methadone even if the Subutex doctor wants me too. I don't expect to feel good I just want to be ok enough to work. I know I have told you thank you before for helping me but I want to say it again. If it wasn't for you encouraging me and encouraging I would have given up before now.

I read your post but I see you didn't use subs,I know you went off on a very dose of methadone and after a few months you were better my problem is 6 months later I am no better off then when I started I'm no better if anything I feel worse.

Good Morning Judy, yes you are correct I did not choose the sub taper route. I am an addict with a disease I have no self control I can not just take one... One pill to many thousand never enough. Taper was not an option. No matter what drug we are abusing any mind mood altering chemicals that made my life unmanageable I just knew I was done with the garbage. I stayed in Active addiction from my teens and came out of my drug fog half a century older. The drugs had beat and broke me down. I had two choices stay in active addiction til the end or change. Me to I had every excuse you can think of to continue using drugs I can justify anything I can overthink everything it's the "disease"... Have you read Randy's thread from massive amounts of methadone to subs now years Clean yes You to can do this...

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    So my Subutex doctor called me back and her is what she now says
    1. I am at 3.3mg of Subutex, I should stop taking it when I get down to 2mg ???? Everything I read here says to go down as low as you can- she told me her partner went to a seminar and that is one of the things he was told.The other thing was if I wasn't going to stop at 2mg I should taper fast so I can feel better. She told me to take more clozapine . I am so confused by my doctor. I am not going stop taking the Subutex st 2mg I'm going to have her keep prescribing the Subutex
    10 percent lower every 10 days until I stop taking it. I'm only going to take the clozapine when I need it. I hope this is correct and I hope I can make it through its already been the hardest and worst thing I've ever been through.
    Morning Judy, I hope today is a better day.

Now that your story is a little more clear, and since Subutex has served you no purpose and you feel like chit anyway, I'd be getting off it with a faster rather than slower taper.

You have one year of being methadone free! Congratulations. Please don't undo all that hard work. Maybe you just need some time without opiates in your system to let it heal. It's great that you have a doc willing to prescribe you some comfort meds (other than opiates).

You could try jumping at two mg. If you don't feel any worse and can handle it, and your doc is monitoring you, try it. If you feel A LOT worse than you are now, go back to the 25% taper plan. You could get sweating starting day 2-4 and lousy sleep should be expected initially, but that shouldn't last forever. You may not even feel that, who knows. In your case, it seems the sooner you get this junk that isn't helping you out of your system, the better.

That's what I'd be doing, but only worth my two cents.

You are not one of the people who loved Sub initially, had it stablize them to get off opiates, and are now looking to jump. You are clearly a different case. My case was different too, different than yours also, and I had to stop at two mg myself.

Thank you and good morning , I think there is a 2 and a half difference between where you are and where I am, I am in California . I don't think I explain things correctly when I'm posting when I'm sick. I tapered down from methadone for a year, I got down to 10 mg and then went to Subutex, that was exactly 6 months ago today. So I've been off of methadone for 6 months and on Subutex for 6 months. I was going to start tapering off of the Subutex lower then 10 percent but my doctor said to leave it at 10 percent so I can get this over faster. Tomorrow I taper from 3.32 mg to 2.9mg so at least I'm down to the 2mg level. I'm just afraid of how sick I will get if I go any faster.so every two weeks I will taper 10 percent. The pharmacy is costing me $100.00 every two weeks to compound the Subutex but its worth it for me toget the right dose since I had issues making the doses correctly with the 2 mg pills .This is my plan right now hopefully the taper plan is correct and still fast enough to get me off the Subutex . I'm Trying to get through this and your posts are helping so much. I open this up every morning looking to see if you posted me anything .

Thank you and the only reason I made it this far is from reading and learning stuff from this forum. I had no clue about Subutex at all if I did I would have done this cold turkey. Maybe someday when Im clean I can help others like you guys do. I haven't read Randy's thread yet he was answering my posts in the beginning but it's been a couple months since he responded to me, I forget people have their lives jobs families etc and they are longer looking here everyday like people like me that are still addicted and need help and information from others thank you for still helping us.

Anonymous Guest

My mistake. Six months free of methadone and one year since you started tapering.

Sounds like you've made your mind up about prolonging your time on Subutex. If that's what makes you feel better, then that's good. I'm not sure if I'd pay $100 for 2.9 mg when I could take 1 1/2 pills. But again, if it brings you comfort, then you should do it.

It's not that I want to stay on the Subutex , I want off ,I've never felt so sick and for so long but I want to do it right and from what all the post say the lower you taper the harder it is and if Im this sick now it's going to be worse for me . The thing about the compound pharmacy is now I know the doses are right , I didnt know thy were when I was measuring them. Now I'm question wether I should just stop the Subutex right now?

Today has been a good day,I don't understand why yesterday I was going to go to the hospital because I was so sick and today I'm ok. I can't plan anything in my life because I know if I feel ok one the next few days I'm going to be too sick to do anything . My doctor is no help both of them have no idea why and they say they been doing this over 20 years but they are the same ones that started me on 16 mg of Suboxone and didn't want me to taper down and said I might have to stay on it the rest of my life .

I had a good half a day then I start feeling bad again. I can't believe it I just don't get. I try to do as much as I can while I feel good , maybe I'm doing too much. I feel like all I do is complain and talk about what's wrong with me , I'm tired of complaining, everyone is tired of me complaining.

I'm thinking of giving up I'm so tired.

Fran421 is offline Member

Hi Judy, I'm probably not the best person to give you advice since I'm only down to 0.7 mg of zubsolv which is like suboxone but don't give up. I feel bad you are going through so much we but you may have some regrets if you give up. One member on here suggested that you may want to taper off since you never really received any benefit from the subutex. If you taper off then you can start the recovery process and then eventually some relief. I can't tell you what to do cause I'm not in your shoes but someone else with more experience will comment soon. Good luck today.

Hello Judy I'm not tired of hearing you complain so keep on whining and complaining if this helps you we are all here to support you. We can help support you through your journey but not if you give up eh? You said you were done with the methadone so Imo you should push through the pain of the sub taper get as low as you can than make the jump. Is this going to be easy no but you can do this get in the right frame of mind think of it as having a bad flu this too shall pass I promise you. You have to really want this Judy. Keep posting and reading we are all here to support you...
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Today I'm sick again I don't understand even though I keep saying it over and over. I'm at work and feel so sick. I just need to get through work. To day I taper down to 2.90 from 3.3 mg everyone who posted back to me said the felt their best when they were down to 2 mg I praying that is what is going to happen to me enemy though 2.9mg isn't much lower. My doctors taper LAN for me is to be on different amounts of 2mg for 6 weeks tapering down 10 percent each time.the other thing that has happened to me since I stopped the methadone I now have peripheral neuropathy and it's terrible it effects both feet I can't walk right it hurts and I think about all time along with being sick I don't know if I want to live sometimes

Since I have so many other medical issues, heart problems, feet problems I don't know if I should taper off at 3 MHz?

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Wow...I feel like I'm reading my own thread!! It's deja vu!!

Ahhh the frustrations...you're seriously doing great!! Great job just hanging in there through this. It was by far the HARDEST thing I've ever done in my life - but so very worth it.

If you have any specific questions...don't hesitate. Glad I found your thread. (And don't even try to make sense of the good days - bad days thing - just be so grateful when you get a good day and try to do as much as possible of what needs to be done on those days - I literally could not plan a thing for years so...)
    Lvg nghtmare and OKC-26 like this.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast