Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes
I'm having the worse time I'm so sick
    Judy3755 is offline Member

Thank you for responding could you really not plan thing.s for years? I thought when I got off the Subutex I would feel a little better? And did the Subutex make you sick? I maybe have two , sometimes, when I can go to work and feel ok but your saying it's going to be years and I will still feel like this from being off of methadone? Because I will not make it

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    To day I taper down to 2.90 from 3.3 mg everyone who posted back to me said the felt their best when they were down to 2 mg I praying that is what is going to happen to me enemy though 2.9mg isn't much lower.
    People feel their best when they are drug free and have made it through withdrawals. That is what I hope you are remembering.

I believe 2 mg reference was mainly for Sub users without ongoing issues of methadone detox. You may feel better at that dose, but I don't want you to get discouraged IF you don't, and set yourself up for disappointment and give up. That is my fear for you hanging on a number. It's just a number, and everyone is different.

It's more important to focus on the big picture, how hard you worked, how far you've come, and how much better it's going to get.

Scratch that 2 mg from your mind and tell yourself you're going to feel your best when you are at 0 mg and you give your body a break and chance to heal.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Again, thank you, my concern is from reading Uncle Leo's respond I could not feel ok for years because I was on methadone for years? I'm not thinking the magic number is 2mg I'm hoping I won't be sick every other day the more I taper down. Today was my first day at 2.9mg I'm just hoping the more I taper the less sick/terrible days I have. I don't understand am I over the methadone withdrawls after 6 months?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-26-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Ok good. It would be a great bonus if you feel better, but I just didn't want you to get disappointed and I was worried about that.

Do you know if I am done with the methadone withdrawls after being off of it after 6 months I'm still confusdd

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand am I over the methadone withdrawls after 6 months?
    It would appear not given you are still sick, but you'll need to ask Uncle Leo that question.

The good news is you have a whole year into the process and under your belt.

I don't know what I did with my post but I had a question, do you know if I'm through with the methadone withdrawls after being off of it after 6 months? I'm confused still about everything

Thank you I guess my post was there.

Uncle Leo are you still there so I can ask some questions
    UncleLeo likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Judy you will not truly know how you are going to feel. You still have opiates in your body. Yes everyone is different size age weight length on drugs amounts the drugs we were on.. so we really won't know how long til you get to zero. Have you looked at getting face to face support yet? Are you getting excersise? drinking plenty of fluids? Worry about today take it one minute at a time 5 minutes at a time hour at a time make it to midnight... Another day clean. Worry about tomorrow Tomorrow...
    UncleLeo likes this.

I don't know what I did with my post but I had a question, do you know if I'm through with the methadone withdrawls after being off of it after 6 months? I'm confused still about everything
    Judy the methadone is out of your system....

Thank you, I can't remember anything anymore do u know how I can read Uncle Leo's thread?

Anonymous Guest

Are you asking if methadone is still in your system, or are you asking if you are still feeling the effects of not taking it anymore?

Read Randy's thread UncleLeo wasn't on methadone. Randy was on methadone and tapered with Robert's sub taper plan . Just click on his name or type Randy35 and search

Yes I went to two meetings but didn't talk. I'm really trying to drink water but it's hard when your sick, I feel I have excuses for everything. I know I should only think about right now but that is how I am and when Uncle Leo said he couldn't plan anything for years it makes me feel worse like this is not going to get better for years

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, I can't remember anything anymore do u know how I can read Uncle Leo's thread?
    Here you go. Uncle Leo's:

https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...wer-69249.html

Here's Randy's too:

https://forum.drugs.com/need-talk/no...ump-65786.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-26-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Thank you very much

I think I'm asking both questions

Yes I went to two meetings but didn't talk. I'm really trying to drink water but it's hard when your sick, I feel I have excuses for everything. I know I should only think about right now but that is how I am and when Uncle Leo said he couldn't plan anything for years it makes me feel worse like this is not going to get better for years
    Judy believe me I know just how you are feeling and everything you are going through. I've been there. I know this is hard. The disease of addiction is not only physical but Mentally taxing. Keep going to meetings I promise you this will help you. You don't want to get dehydrated... Light diet and push yourself whine and cry here it helps. Post to Uncle Leo he will answer all your questions. He is not only strong but even though he went through hell he never gave up. I'm sure he would tell you that it was worth every minute of the fight. Some of us have a harder time than others but we keep fighting...
    UncleLeo likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I think I'm asking both questions
    Methadone would be out of your system. When I say withdrawal regarding the methadone, I mean PAWS which stands for post acute withdrawal syndrome. Basically, your body adjusting to not having the drug in your system anymore and how it functions and feels without that drug. I'm sorry I didn't clarify that.

It takes our bodies and brains time to recover even after the drug has left your system. Your brain isn't used to having to work on its own and it needs to adjust and build back up. Again, you had six months of tapering, and six months off, so that's already a whole year in the books toward the process. That's huge.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-26-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1232 View Post
    Methadone would be out of your system. When I say withdrawal regarding the methadone, I mean PAWS which stands for post acute withdrawal syndrome. Basically, your body adjusting to not having the drug in your system anymore and how it functions and feels without that drug. I'm sorry I didn't clarify that.

It takes our bodies and brains time to recover even after the drug has left your system. Your brain isn't used to having to work on its own and it needs to adjust and build back up. Again, you had six months of tapering, and six months off, so that's already a whole year in the books toward the process. That's huge.

Judy you are not experiencing Paws. You were on methadone a very long time than went to subs you only had three days without opiates in your system. Paws is rare and again that is not what your going through now your body is screaming for the Drugs so as you adjust you will have bad days until you are stable on that dose. This process is not painless but you will survive. Keep reading and posting Judy here to support you...

I'm sorry that I keep posting and complaining i just finished reading Randy's post and I'm more scared and worried then ever about getting off the Subutex. I'm so sick now and to go through another year of this will kill me. I'm not healthy to start off with and I'm older (60 years old) not only am I on Subutex I also take ambien and clozapine, all prescribed by my Subutex doctor ,how am I ever going to get off of all of these things? I don't think I will ever be ok ,I'm afraid of e what I will do and now my doctor put me on cymbals and I know my family is tired of me and all of this they started off supportive but I know they are tired of all of this

Hey Judy read Randy's whole thread it will take you a few days well it would me I'm not a speed reader. I'm no spring chicken here either but if I can do it so can you. You have a choice continue using or taper off the garbage. This is your life Judy you are worth it. I know others here have used comfort drugs like clonadine not sure if that's spelled correctly I'm tired and I'm old. I believe you are in a different time zone than me. Maybe you can check into that. Let's worry about tapering off the subs first.

Thank you, I'm in California and it's 6:30 here.i take clonidine and have taken it for 40 years for high blood pressure , I know you are trying to help me , I don't know why I can't make my self to think I can do this, I don't know how to get this better , I just don't think I can do much more of this, I was so sick for the methadone taper now to be sick for the last six months from Subutex and at least six more months to go..,.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Judy you are not experiencing Paws. You were on methadone a very long time than went to subs you only had three days without opiates in your system. Paws is rare and again that is not what your going through now your body is screaming for the Drugs so as you adjust you will have bad days until you are stable on that dose. This process is not painless but you will survive. Keep reading and posting Judy here to support you...
    Genuine question. After six months off methadone, what would you call her body asking for it? Still acute?

I don't agree PAWS is rare, but I will happily be corrected in this situation.

Anonymous Guest

I was so sick for the methadone taper now to be sick for the last six months from Subutex and at least six more months to go..,.
    What do you mean six months to go?

The doctor has me tapering off of the Subutex and it's going take six months, I'm having a bad night and I'm thinking I can't do this

Have you heard of elimidrol my doctor found this on line to help to help with withdrawls

Judy3755
    So the longest I was off of methadone was three days and that was six months ago but I tapered down from 40 mg of methadone to 10 mg ( took a year)and then I switched to Suboxone after 3 days 16 mg then was switched to 16 mg of Subutex. I hope I explained it right.

Judy has not been without opiates in her system for many years. Very unlikely that she is experiencing paws which is very rare. I'm not here to debate your experience and hope with others here. I appreciate you and the time you spend helping others. While you are helping others it helps us get to know you and your journey why don't you start your own thread so others can identify with your story.

Anonymous Guest

Have you heard of elimidrol my doctor found this on line to help to help with withdrawls
    Yep. The FTC fined them over a million dollars for making bogus claims.

ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/sellers-home-treatment-opioid-withdrawal-addiction-barred-making

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast